ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marianne Faithfull's album Return to archive
October 18th, 2004 08:38 AM
keith_tif I think that last album of Marianne Faithfull are better than Stones' latest album. It's still right with BEFORE THE POISSON, the last album of Marianne. She has worked with great artists like PJ Harvey, Nick cave. Stone's should do the same than work with Sheryl Crow!

I'm fear of next STONE'S album! Why are they not popen their my mind like Marianne?
October 18th, 2004 08:53 AM
Jumacfly they tried to work with the dust brothers or kd lang on BTB and they were bashed by most of fans...
hey that s the stones , people want them to have their own sound but seems to forget they did great tunes with bob clearmountain or chris kymsey...Don Was is too "mainstream" IMHO..and Matt Clifford rules Jagger sound...
what a pity..
October 18th, 2004 09:02 AM
Madafaka I didn't hear that album...
October 18th, 2004 10:42 AM
glencar No more Don Was ever again!
October 18th, 2004 10:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
No more Don Was ever again!

Hi Glencar
agree with you , no more Don Was and cheesy sound!!
October 18th, 2004 10:57 AM
glencar I love you & France!
October 18th, 2004 10:59 AM
glencar BTW An Irish friend visited this past weekend after spending time elsehwere in the States. He watched all 3 of our Prez debates & said (even though he hates G.Bush!) that he could see why people would vote to re-elect him. I was very surprised.
October 18th, 2004 11:15 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
I love you & France!

you ll be welcome if you come Glencar, we could eat frogg together
October 18th, 2004 11:17 AM
glencar Uh, no.
October 18th, 2004 11:22 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW An Irish friend visited this past weekend after spending time elsehwere in the States. He watched all 3 of our Prez debates & said (even though he hates G.Bush!) that he could see why people would vote to re-elect him. I was very surprised.

Well Bush is not my cup of tea but in a democracy everybody is free to choose ,right??
but no thread hijacking here, no more Don Was!!!!!
October 18th, 2004 11:23 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
Uh, no.

LOl i was waiting for this answer!!
October 18th, 2004 11:24 AM
glencar I have Marianne's "Blazing Away" CD which is a mix of live & studio stuff & it's amazing. I bought a second one of her's & it's not nearly as good. It's the one with the Brecht songs.
October 18th, 2004 12:58 PM
Rolling Hansie I love Marianne Faithfull, also her latest album. Got tickets for her show in Amsterdam on December 10th. Looking forward to it.
October 18th, 2004 01:46 PM
marko Bob Clearmoutain mixed mostly live albums.
October 18th, 2004 09:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I didn't hear that album...

Me too and the import is very expensive here.
October 18th, 2004 09:47 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Me too and the import is very expensive here.

Hum... In this case I will have to apply the internet benefits
October 18th, 2004 09:50 PM
J.J.Flash I like "Broken English". Unfortunately I don't know many of her stuff.
October 19th, 2004 01:12 AM
gypsy I would LOVE to hear Keith and Marianne duet on "Sister Morphine." I think it would be great to add two rough voices such as Marianne's and Keith's, as opposed to one rough voice with one soft voice.
October 19th, 2004 01:20 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I would LOVE to hear Keith and Marianne duet on "Sister Morphine." I think it would be great to add two rough voices such as Marianne's and Keith's, as opposed to one rough voice with one soft voice.

great idea gypsy - 'tho instead of SM i'd like to hear them do something along the lines of those George Jones/Tammy Wynette duets - maybe even a cover of one of them
October 19th, 2004 01:29 AM
gypsy D-I-V-O-R-C-E?
God, I hope not!
October 19th, 2004 05:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
marko wrote:
Bob Clearmoutain mixed mostly live albums.

Clearmountain mixed "Tattoo You", which IMO is the best SOUNDING record the Stones ever made.

I think he's the best mixer around. I love the drum sound he gets (Springsteen's "Hungry Heart" for example). I'd love the Stones to work with him again.
October 19th, 2004 09:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Hum... In this case I will have to apply the internet benefits

Jejeje...