ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday, Martha!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 14th, 2004 09:13 PM
Lazy Bones "Bow down to her on Sunday,
Salute her when her birthday comes.
Bow down to her on Sunday,
Salute her when her birthday comes.
For Halloween give her a trumpet
And for Christmas, buy her a drum." - BD

Only warmest birthday wishes to you, Martha! These words can not offer the equal depth of those you have offered me in recent weeks. May you truly enjoy your birthday with those lucky enough to be around you.

Cheers!
October 14th, 2004 09:13 PM
MarthaMyDear Yes, glencar... I'm the crazy Martha.. lol....... :P
CRAZY, SEXY, COOL!!! YEA, BABY, YEA!!! Um, I just got a
little bit excited there... HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! :P
NEVERMIND!!! ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
October 14th, 2004 09:20 PM
gypsy I told her the same thing, MMD! I am considering becoming a vegetarian because of her. Well, I just can't though. My man is half-white and half-Vietnamese...thus, we're always eating dog. No, just kidding. I just love meat (yeah, walked right into that one)...But I am changing a few things in my diet because of her.
Martha grows her own veggies...I know that. I wish I could, but I'm too lazy. You're talking about a girl who grew up on Little Debbie Snack Cakes and those Swanson TV dinners. My Mom could not and cannot cook. My dad travelled all week for work...so we were so excited on the weekends to get a good home-cooked meal from Dad, who is a damn good cook. Sadly, I turned out like my Mom, and if it weren't for my Jason, I'd eat junk all the time. I hate cooking.
I'm just genetically blessed with a high metabolism, and the money for cocaine (just kidding on that last one there).
October 14th, 2004 09:57 PM
Paulcarr87 I echo all the sentiments posted above - Happy Birthday Martha, keep rocking!

Paul
October 14th, 2004 10:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Happy birthday Sweetheart! I love you!
October 14th, 2004 11:04 PM
MarthaMyDear Just to go off-topic for a second (I'll make sure it stays
on-topic after just this one question, etc.)... GYPSY!!! I
need some advice, etc.!!! lol........ :P Say, if
you are a female and you run into this same guy here and
there now and then (he's a new friend of mine now), etc.,
and he KEEPS looking you up and down (basically at various
body parts of yours, etc.) as well as talking to you, etc.,
what does that mean?!?!?! lol............. I know that's a
sad question 'cause I'm fucking 40 years-old and think I
know the answer but I still have doubts!!! SHEESH!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!! :P

Anyways, any help you can expel this way is greatly
appreciated!!! LOL!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! After all this Buns Of
Steel action, I wish he'd at LEAST have the decency to
"watch me as I leave", if you catch my drift!!! SHEEEIIIT!!!
lol........ LAUGHING!!!!!!! Anyways, take care!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
October 14th, 2004 11:20 PM
kath

happy birthday martha!!!!
October 14th, 2004 11:25 PM
gypsy Hmmmm. I think at any age it's difficult to tell whether or not someone is interested in you--whether it's sexually, intellectually, etc...
From what you've described, he's definitely scoping you out. But the question is--do you want a one-night-stand, or would you be interested in a relationship? Also, is he interested in you for just your body? Or do you think he'd like to talk to you, and get to know you?
Have you two ever spoken? And if so, what about? Just surface talk? Or does he seem genuinely interested in what you have to say?
October 14th, 2004 11:35 PM
MarthaMyDear Shit... HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! WELL, this is way more complicated
than I can post on the board about, actually, so I'm going to
PM you later on tonight about this, ok.?!?!?! I
just need some advice and thank you, gypsy!!! You've helped
already, actually!!! I am working on a
long-term project with him (a year or more, it's looking like)
and we talk about business/project stuff mostly as well as
SOME personal things (not a lot yet but probably some - what a
friend would tell another friend later), etc....

Anyways, I'll PM you later on tonight and thank you, gypsy!!!
Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
October 14th, 2004 11:42 PM
gypsy Okay. I'll check my PM mail later. I need to take a shower. I did not exercise today. Rather, I went to Braum's and ate a hamburger, fries, and a chocalate shake--followed by a Vicodin. Yes. I know. I'll be working all of those off my ass tomorrow--but not until I see Nanky's reaction to mine and Voodoo's masterpiece!
October 15th, 2004 04:21 AM
MarthaMyDear All I fricking want to know is if I can fucking have my
beloved (hopefully) two non-fat lattes (one is OK.) a day and
still lose weight... I hope so!!! lol...... WAIT!!! Maybe I'll
try soy lattes (?!?!?!)!!! MARTHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Gypsy, if you or
Martha know if soy is better to lose weight with and it still
tastes good, etc., please let me know, ok.?!?!?!
MARTHA!!! lol........ I hope you read this 'cause I thought
you had mentioned soy lattes before (?!?!?!)... Anyways, I'm
gonna look into that, also... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!!! HE!!!
HE!!! ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
October 15th, 2004 06:09 AM
Jumacfly Hi there
Happy B day Martha!!!
cheers
JU
October 15th, 2004 09:44 AM
jpenn11 Happy Birthday Martha!!
October 15th, 2004 10:16 AM
Irina Happy Birthday Martha!
You are kind and lovely
Be healthy and happy,
My best wishes to You with all my heart!

October 15th, 2004 11:08 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Hmmmm. I think at any age it's difficult to tell whether or not someone is interested in you--whether it's sexually, intellectually, etc...
From what you've described, he's definitely scoping you out. But the question is--do you want a one-night-stand, or would you be interested in a relationship? Also, is he interested in you for just your body? Or do you think he'd like to talk to you, and get to know you?
Have you two ever spoken? And if so, what about? Just surface talk? Or does he seem genuinely interested in what you have to say?

*********** BLANK STARE ( with sniggle ) *************
October 15th, 2004 11:30 AM
MarthaMyDear HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! JOEY'S CUTE!!! lol................... I
swear... We are all still in grade school (no wonder it's
called the playground)!!! LOL!!!!!! :P Joey, wanna
play doctor?!?!?! lol....... :P LOL!!!!!!!
HE!!! HEE!!! HE!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (HI, JUMACFLY!!! STAY NICE AND SWEET!!!
D ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!! )
October 15th, 2004 12:17 PM
Joey
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! JOEY'S CUTE!!! lol................... I
swear... We are all still in grade school (no wonder it's
called the playground)!!! LOL!!!!!! :P Joey, wanna
play doctor?!?!?! lol....... :

MMD ...........Come To Joey !

www.interference.com
October 15th, 2004 10:25 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
kath wrote:

happy birthday martha!!!!

Thank you Kath for this cute animated gif. That makes me remember Baby Steelie's efforts to kill the boredom of life.
October 16th, 2004 09:34 AM
LadyJane So where is the Birthday girl???

Did you have a nice day, Mrs. Mellencamp??

I was sending good thoughts your way all day!

LJ.
October 16th, 2004 11:42 AM
Martha I just cannot thank you enough for the b-day wishes everyone. You all made me laugh and cry with your kind words and images (great b-day cake LJ!) and I love the funny dancing squirrel Kath. This thread is the best gift of my b-day, hands down. It was a very uneventful day otherwise, so this thread was a real booster of my spirits. :-)

I look back and realize this past year (so far) I was lucky enough to MEET Nasty Habits, Lady Jane, Larry Dallas, Sir Stonesalot (where are you?)....and almost got to meet FPM C-10 and Lazy Bones. Rain check my Stonesian brothers, rain checks!

I hope to meet everyone else at a Stones summit whenever and where ever that may take place, which will hopefully be in the very near future. All of you, through your kind words and knowledge of music have helped make me a better person. I mean that with all sincerity. All of you in your own unique way have brought a lot of happiness and joy into my life. I feel so blessed that I found my way to this board (thank you again for directing me here Gary) because my life has changed dramatically ever since, in a very positive way. This place has been nothing less than Rock and Roll college for me.

I mean, now Bob Dylan calls me on my b-day (that's why he took that day off on his latest tour), Johnny and I are speaking again after that rather ugly divorce and The Stones are never far away, Keef or Ronnie make sure to keep in touch with me. LOL

Seriously, for all that I've learned from each of you and for all of your kindness and all of the music you so freely share with all of us, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. That said, I feel there is no way I could ever truly thank you for what gifts I've received since I've been posting here. But I am thankful for each of you, everyday. :-)

Thank you for posting this thread for me LadyJane. It really helped make my day special. YOU are a very special, fun, loving person, my Stonesian sister! I now have a reason to look VERY forward when we come to Buffalo!!! I can't wait to see you again. I'll be BACK! :-)

Whitney, I love you dearly. I hope you don't mind me saying that. You have a special place in my heart and always will for being so kind to me and treating me with such respect when I was in emotional pain and struggling with some very private issues. Thank you for reaching out to me and for offering me your friendship. You are a unique person and I hope we will stay connected from this point forward. Your beautiful and talented wife is VERY lucky to have you and vice versa. I wish Chris and I could meet you both for breakfast tomorrow and chat it up over coffee and (not hardboiled) eggs. :-)

Gary, I adore you as you know and hope the Stones bring us face to face one day soon so I can give you all the hugs that have been building up in me each time we e-chat. You continue to teach me diplomacy, for which I am deeply appreciative. Expect more music to show up in your mailbox and soon. :-)

Lazy Bones, you made me cry....what a lovely thing to say. And I love the lyrics you chose! I admit (with great embarrassment) that I do not know what song that is from. Now I simply HAVE to meet you so I can hug you proper too. If Bob or the Stones can't bring you to my neck of the woods, I will find a way to get up your way. I wanna cruise around the block in your new cherry bomb! I know you've been through a lot this past year and I can really relate to that. Peace be with you and your beautiful wife and girls, my Stonesian Brother. You are a blessing to my life.

Stonesy, where the hell are you? You are prolly working a double shift again....and if so I hope you are burnin' some badass compilation "turn-on and wake up the people" CD's for us! It was wonderful meeting you this summer. I still have the photos we took to send out. Rock on brother! I'm no pig without a wig!

Joey>>>is there something in my underwear drawer or NOT????? Walk that little buddy of yours right on over here and pronto! You my dear Stonesian Prince, keep my spirits up like no one else can. I mean that. And I love you for it. Thank you for caring about me and for all of your prayers this past year. They've helped me more than you can know. BTW, Johnny will be the musical guest on Letterman this Monday (18th). Let's watch it together! :-) Jacky!

Gypsy, you are simply adorable, no way around that. And I love your quick-witted sense of humor. You have a real knack for that. I'm so glad you got to see Bob and Willie this summer. That makes my heart happy. Diets phooey.....fahggettaboutit. If you are interested in getting off the dog meat diet, and I do recommend you consider doing that....here's a book title that I recommend: Are You Confused? by Paavo Airola. I read his book when I was changing over from a meat eater to a vegetarian back in the early 80's. There are a lot of other good books on the subject out there, of course. I suggest you and MMD find a good one or two and read about diet and nutrition so you can make informed choices for your health. That's what I do anyway. I've been a vegetarian now since 1981. Jeez, time frickin' FLIES! Good thing that "all times are on our sides"!

Nellcote, thank you for turning me onto MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC galore! Thanks to you posting the info you had about them, I got to see and meet Hubert Sumlin and Bob Margolin this past spring. And we are planning to see MAC in Cleveland next month, thank to your heads up!. I Do now officially own The Faces Box set (thanks to you too Nasty). I now await your instructions for my next musical adventure or pop quiz! I will certainly take you up on that lunch as soon as I can get to your neck of the woods. In the meantime, I thank you for your kindness and humor. You are truly a great guy and a good friend. :-)

glencar, are you calling me a sexy thing? If so, I am suddenly left with no words. I'm not having a blank stare kind of stunned silence, mind you just disbelief. I feel I am moving towards fossilizing...so sexy thing is not really in my head when I look in the mirror these days. Well, if Mick can pull it off at age 61, maybe I ain't totally past my prime......yet. LOL If it was meant for me, thank you for the pick me up darlin'! You are too kind. :-)

Nanky, I forgot all about that Petty show you offered to send me too, so no problemo! LOL I hope we get to meet so I can give you a big hug. I love your posts and I love your humor. I always smile if not outright laugh my ass off when I read your posts. You da' man! :-)

jpenn11, phog, lil' brian, paulcarr87, I feel blessed to have traded music with you and for all the music info you keep me abreast of. Thank you! I hope we can all meet at a show one of these days....soon! Peace and love to each of you!

FG> I really DIG you! I'm so glad we've met. You've turned me onto or revitalized my interest in Patti Smith, Johnny Winter, and the blues in general. I respect and greatly appreciate your love of music and am very glad we have connected. Thanks for teaching me more. You ROCK girlfriend!

Pammy, I want you to know that those kind words from you mean the world to me. I don't stay in touch with you often enough and for that I apologize. You hold a very special and dear place in my heart, even though I am so lax on my e-mailing. I'm behind on that with everyone right now! Whenever I light the jasmine scented "towering inferno" I think of you with fondness and gratitude. Our board would not have the charm and grace it has without your presence. I know jb (for one) would heartily concur with me here. One of these days I'm gonna say that to you in person. Someday soon I hope. Peace to you my Stonesian sister. Peace.

Angie Girl, Irina and Kath, The three of you make this board a better place. Yes indeed. I am thankful for that. And thank you for the b-day wishes and the lovely and funny photo thingys (what do you call those things?) I think highly of you as well. :-)

Martha My Dear, Thank you for the kind b-day wishes.

Madafaka, You are getting 2 pieces of that cake.....with ice cream! Thank you darlin'!

caro, thank you so much. Btw, ...your avatar is really cool too!

Jumacfly> Thank you darlin'. I still LOVE your avatar, it gives me a giggle each time I see it. Let's spliff it up together one of these daze ehhh?! :-)

stewed and keefed, love your name and thank you for the wishes. That is very kind of you.

magicwoman, thank you! I don't think we've chatted on the board much, but I am glad you are here and I hope to get to know you better.

gustavobla and backstreet girl, Thank you! Since I don't know either of you yet, I want to welcome you both to this board. Oh, and remember this; Stones ARE Stones! :-)

J.J.Flash, Your charm and energy reaches out across the miles and touches my heart. I appreciate your life force, it is strong as are you my Stonesian brother. I'm so glad you are one of the regulars around here. We need you! with love and peace to you always, MArtha.

macdaddy, My cabinets now bulge with all the great music you have offered to me through this board. I do not know how to properly thank you for all you do. I feel I need to bake YOU a cake! :-) May all your kindness and generosity come back to you tenfold. You are the macdaddy of Rocks Off!

TomL.....oh hell yes, we'll meet again so save me a nice warm Stonesian hug for when that day comes. Love your avatar too! hugs and kisses to you (say Hi to Stonesdoug for me too)...MArtha!

jb, no I didn't forget you, you maniac! LOL I have a very soft place in my heart for you and when I think of you in prayer I send you healing and peace. You can always count on me for that my friend. I thank you for the kind words. It means more to me than you could ever know. I hope we get to meet someday. You are very loved by the MArtha :-)

Voodoo...oh that voodoo that only YOU do, so well. I love you too my sweet friend. Your post made me smile and warmed my heart. Please tell Mick Taylor to make his way over to Ohio so I can finally see him will you? Thanks, for that! I owe ya'! :-)

MRD8> I tell people to never turn down gifts or proceeds, so now I must take my own advice. The first thing on that list of musical gifts the you so graciously offered me a choice of (it just popped off the page) is the Ronnie Wood South Bank show. How kind of you to offer me a gift for my b-day. There is nothing more precious to me than the gift of musical friendship. Music truly brings people together and in peace. Thank you thank you thank you....ah you shouldn't have. *blush*.

Happy b-day is right!

a peaceful world to all,
MArtha

P.S. TMR> Hey were the fook are YOU?! LOL I suppose you are on the road right now making it to a show then ehh?! BTW, I love your avatar and I love you my dear, dear friend. I am still in awe of how we met (Stones 10/14/02) and where that has led both of us! ;-)

"some people will offer you their hand........and some won't"

October 16th, 2004 12:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl How can I love you that much? we all do... and you're much loved by the voodoo
October 16th, 2004 12:35 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Martha wrote:
Jumacfly> Thank you darlin'. I still LOVE your avatar, it gives me a giggle each time I see it. Let's spliff it up together one of these daze ehhh?! :-)

You re welcome Martha!! i d love to have a big spliff with all the ROffers!!!
cheers and have a nice week end (it rains here, time to light a big one while listening to handsome girls !!!! )

Ju
October 16th, 2004 12:38 PM
gypsy You are such a wonderful lady. I really do look up to you. You always have such great advice, and I do take it to heart. Thank you for being such a great friend--via email or telephone. I can't thank you enough.
I hope you get ro already got Bob's Chronicles. Thanks to you, I am in the middle of reading "Bob Dylan" by Anthony Scaduto right now. Interesting read thus far. Poor little teenage Bob--trying so hard to fit in--not so unlike us.
Mellencamp is an idiot...I imagine he thinks of you when he and Elaine are "intimate."

May all your Birthday wishes come true!
Jayme
October 17th, 2004 02:14 AM
TMR
quote:
Martha wrote:
P.S. TMR> Hey were the fook are YOU?! LOL I suppose you are on the road right now making it to a show then ehh?!

I have no excuse. I actually didn't have a gig that night so I should have joined the gang in presenting you b-day wishes. So, happy belated birthday there Martha! Though hey, I was tired, which was gig related, does that count?

quote:
Martha wrote:
BTW, I love your avatar and I love you my dear, dear friend.

Thanks, you can send kudos to James for working that up. I love it too. My favorite avatar so far. And you're not so bad yourself..... :P ....as I see from reading this thread. You certainly are an awesome person whom I'm glad I met 2 short years ago.

quote:
Martha wrote:
I am still in awe of how we met (Stones 10/14/02) and where that has led both of us! ;-)

I agree!
October 17th, 2004 08:15 AM
MRD8 Martha,
Check your PM!
October 17th, 2004 09:57 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Martha wrote:
[...]
J.J.Flash, Your charm and energy reaches out across the miles and touches my heart. I appreciate your life force, it is strong as are you my Stonesian brother. I'm so glad you are one of the regulars around here. We need you! with love and peace to you always, MArtha.
[...]

Anytime baby. It's been a long time since our last PMs, anyway, I can never forget you, your smart sense of humor, your passion in life and Stones. Always love when you share your thoughts and your emotions with us. You ARE the woman!

God bless you!
October 17th, 2004 10:14 AM
LadyJane Leave it Miss Martha to get us all to post again after reading her words.

I'm not ashamed to say I cried when I read your post.

You have a gift for making us all feel special and I'm so happy all of our greetings made your birthday extra special.

RO is a better place with Martha as a member.

Hugs and Kisses,
LJ.
October 17th, 2004 02:16 PM
gypsy I cried too! I was going to write that in my e-mail to you, LJ. Martha is just so special, and to know her is to love her. She is a gem of a woman. I just adore her, and cannot wait to meet her in person.
October 17th, 2004 02:23 PM
stewed & Keefed Martha you are so cool
October 17th, 2004 03:56 PM
parmeda *sniff*
...Martha, what can I say?
Other than, I adore you!

"We" are the ones that have been blessed...
Page: 1 2 3