ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Rock & Roll Circus! WHO went?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 12th, 2004 11:11 PM
MarthaMyDear A two-hour drive to see RNR Circus in a lame-ass city and
county I DETEST (Orange County) instead of doing some work
that I love, resting, hanging-out in my new pad, which I love,
drinking lattes I make on my own espresso machine, watching
the Stones as they are NOW on Forty Licks whenever I want, and
even working-out is no comparison, IMHO... Plus, I've seen RNR
Circus a GAZILLION times... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I forgot
about that!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol........ No
need tyo post... LOL!!!!!!!! :P Sorry!!! lol......
:P ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
October 12th, 2004 11:14 PM
MarthaMyDear I feel the same way about Starbucks now... My old espresso
machine was broken before but now I got a new one...
lol................... :P HE!!! HE!!! HE!!!
ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
October 13th, 2004 12:05 AM
gypsy Soldatti, I only regret it now because Martha has me all envious of all the cool R&R Circus gear she scored. I would have loved to have gotten some of those souvenirs!
October 13th, 2004 01:04 AM
MarthaMyDear Check eBay... I'm sure it will be on there or you can get it
somehow!!! ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (If I see this package in L.A. somewhere, and I usually
do end up seeing things like this here now and then at the
stores I go to, I'll let you know, gypsy, and I'll send it to
you... Anways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!
PEACE!!! )
October 13th, 2004 01:37 AM
gypsy I bet that stuff will be selling for double the price on ebay--those greedy bastards! You are such a sweetheart, Martha. And you have Buns of Steel..."for the people you know, and the people you haven't even met yet."
My dad gave me a new Stairmaster yesterday! I'm so excited. Now I have a treadmill, a Schwinn Airdyne, a mini-trampoline, a boxing bag, and now a Stairmaster. Jason and I made one of the rooms in our house strictly a workout room...with all that equipment in there--and Jason even mounted a TV/VCR combo on the wall to watch TV or workout videos. So, see, we just don't have room for a kid! Because the other bedroom is an office/spare bedroom. Yep, no room for a kid. Sorry.
October 13th, 2004 02:01 AM
MarthaMyDear ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P I
agree with you about the kid-thing... My biological clock is
almost having hot flashes, itself, so I think my time is up
with that anyways!!! lol............. Anyways, I am SO
JEALOUS YOU GOT A STAIRMASTER!!! JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon
as I get in to the shape i want to be in, I think 5Im just
going to go ahead and get a membership to 24 Hour Fitness...
lol...... LAUGHING!!!!!!! :P That is what I'll
be using (the stairmaster AND next to the cute guys,
damnit!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol.......... :P
LAUGHING!!!!!! )... I worked-out to Buns
Of Steel yesterday after work and it fricking KILLED my ass
so much, I was actually too exhausted to go into work today
so I have to work this Sunday!!! I have just
started working-out pretty regularly after over a year of NO
"concentrated exercise", etc., and I think it just caught-up
to me!!! lol....... :P If you have any
suggestions on how I can lose about 20-odd pounds pretty
quickly, please let me know, ok.?!?!?! I
would still like to be able to have my usual tall, non-fat
latte a day, though, but I'm hoping I can still lose this
fucking weight!!!

Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
October 13th, 2004 03:15 AM
gypsy Oh God. I know that feeling. Where you have to get up in the middle of the night to empty your bladder, and your buns hurt so bad, you can barely sit on the toilet. But then, it's a good thing...because "you know it's working...it HAS to be working." Seriously though. And you look in the mirror, and you think that with all the pain you're in, you should have Buns of fucking Steel...but you don't...you have to keep on doing it.
I bought one of those Yoga balls...the giant ones...and it is so awesome. You press your back against it on the wall...and that way, when you do squats, you don't hurt your back...and it targets only the glutes and legs. It is really awesome. We do that at my gym in "Ball-ates" class. We also do some really gay stuff where you're humping the ball...and I can't help but laugh my ass off--thank God my girl friends are with me...and they laugh too. It's just very dorky-looking...and one instructor gets REALLY into it...so much so, that you kind of feel like you just molested this rubber ball. We call it "Hump the Ball Night." But it is really effective. I got lucky, and found my ball (hee hee) with a resistance band, video, exercise poster, etc...for only $4.00 at Wal-Mart in the clearance section. If you don't have one--get one! There are so many ab and butt workouts you can do with those.
October 13th, 2004 05:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
How many crazy people will go to see a movie available from years on all the posible formats? The Stones are alive still, if you want to see Mick or Keith they are there. The Beatles were out for 34 years and 2 od 4 members are dead. They are legends and the people always will have the band on his memory and heart.
Bad marketing? The only bad marketing was release Forty Licks the week after that Elvis (another death legend) but bad marketing with $300 gross, 6 million copies sold of Forty Licks and another 2 million copies sold of the back catalog, all on 18 months? I don't think so...

And BTW the Stones were always more popular on the States than on his country, they are #5 on the US all time artists and only #8 on UK, they had 26 consecutives US Top 10 albums between 1964 and 1980, more US Top 10 albums than anyone and they always get more high positions on the US lists of all time (best albums, best influences...) that on England where I remember see Mick at #51 on the NME list of all time singers...

uh, Soldatti - my post to Josh was a 'parody' of the crap he usually parrots at some perceived slight by the UK press or fans. At least the Americans got the joke. Never mind.
[Edited by Gazza]
October 13th, 2004 05:24 AM
egon So who here was at the real thing?????
October 13th, 2004 05:02 PM
KeepRigid I was there with everyone. I tried calling both gypsy and MarthaMyDear, but gyp was at ball night and I don't believe martha has a phone, as it turns out.

They showed a 'making of' the Alfie soundtrack, clips from the dvd, and a short film entitled, "KeepRigid Swallows A Puzzle Piece".

A local radio station gave me a copy of the dvd, but I wasn't near an internet to let everyone know how much better I was than them. And now, well now, it's too late to gloat.
October 13th, 2004 05:11 PM
voodoopug i was there in chicago at the showing...good times had by all
October 13th, 2004 07:49 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
uh, Soldatti - my post to Josh was a 'parody' of the crap he usually parrots at some perceived slight by the UK press or fans. At least the Americans got the joke. Never mind.

At least my information not is fake...
October 14th, 2004 05:59 PM
Joey
quote:
Phog wrote:
I went to the KC showing and walked away with all the same shit that Martha did. As seems to be the trend, it was a pretty low turnout. 20-30 people, I guess. Absolutely nothing in the way of advertisment. If I hadn't seen it on this board I would never have known about it. Poor planning, but it was fun anyway.

Phog .............................

I went to the " Lava Room " at 38th & Broadway this past August and got the phone number of one hot babe who seemed to be a " regular " there as she wasn't wearing any shoes whilst she mingled about the place ( she practically knew eveyone ) .

........thinking of calling her next time I'm in K.C.

Do I stand a " Chance in Hell " ?!?! ( YOU know what I mean -- Oh , YOU know !!! )

D. J. JJJJJJJJazzy Joe !

October 14th, 2004 07:01 PM
glencar Go for it, Big Guy!
October 14th, 2004 10:07 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Joey wrote:

I went to the " Lava Room " at 38th & Broadway this past August and got the phone number of one hot babe who seemed to be a " regular " there as she wasn't wearing any shoes whilst she mingled about the place ( she practically knew eveyone ) .

........thinking of calling her next time I'm in K.C.

Do I stand a " Chance in Hell " ?!?! ( YOU know what I mean -- Oh , YOU know !!! )

I know that story!
October 14th, 2004 10:15 PM
Phog Joey,

If I were you I'd bypass KC altogether next time. Head east to Columbia, MO and drop in to the Hong Kong Spa. Word is that you can leave there with a "happy ending".

Honestly, I've never been to the Lava room. But, hell, barefoot chicks in bars turn me on!!! Go forth.
October 16th, 2004 12:24 PM
Martha I met someone after the show who lurks here and who I would like to connect with if you are reading this thread. If you want to connect with me please e-mail me at [email protected]

Stones do rule you know!
October 17th, 2004 06:08 PM
lindazerr Dear Josh,
I read your statement about 99% or whatever of Americans hate
the Rolling Stones, if anyone believes that then they should come
to St Louis or any town in the US and see for themselves how
HARD is t o get a ticket after the Rolling Stones tickets SELL OUT
within an HOUR! They are supposed to tour again next year,
I still hope they are, so if anyone happens to think there are
millions of empty seats at a Rolling Stones concert you must be
going to a tribute band and NOT THE REAL THING!!

Just look at that HBO concert in Madison Square Garden the last
time, were there any empty seats there that anyone could see?
I saw thousands and t housands of people.
October 17th, 2004 08:01 PM
Phog lindazerr,

Don't take what Josh says to heart. He knows his shit and was at the HBO show (and the one before it, I think). Josh is Florida's #1 Stones fan!! No one hates an empty seat like our Josh.
October 19th, 2004 04:33 PM
Joey
" If I were you I'd bypass KC altogether next time. "

!!!!

" Head east to Columbia, MO and drop in to the Hong Kong Spa. Word is that you can leave there with a "happy ending". "

" Honestly, I've never been to the Lava room. But, hell, barefoot chicks in bars turn me on!!! Go forth. "

Page: 1 2