ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just a matter of time Return to archive
10-22-03 09:56 AM
nankerphelge before our heros do the same:

---------
Elton to go wild in Las Vegas

Sir Elton John has signed up to perform 75 shows at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, over the next three years in a deal reportedly worth more than $50 million (£30 million).

And he is promising the sequins will fly again when he kicks off the dates in February. "I cannot do this show anywhere else in the world," Sir Elton said. "It's back to costume changes and Velcro." The 56-year-old will perform shows at The Colosseum at Caesars five times a week for five weeks a year.

He and officials for the Las Vegas hotel would not confirm contract details. "Let's just say, I'm very well paid," the entertainer said, as he announced the deal, promising an extravaganza filled with an eclectic mix of songs and costumes.

The show's production designer, photographer David LaChappelle, added: "The wild and wacky days are here again."

Grammy-winner Sir Elton dismissed reports about throat problems. He said he cancelled a recent event because of a minor medical procedure and burst out singing: "My voice is fine."

Tickets for the performances will be priced at $250, $175 and $100.

According to Caesars Palace's president, Mark Juliano, the show is expected to generate $61 million (£36.5 million) in ticket sales. The 4,100-seat Colosseum was built for Celine Dion and her extravaganza, A New Day.

It has also hosted performances by Mariah Carey and Gloria Estefan.

Sir Elton will perform his show, The Red Piano, when Dion is on holiday from her three-year, $100 million (£60 million) contract.

10-22-03 09:59 AM
Joey
Excellent Howard Carter like find Nanky !

This Dance is for you :

Skee !
10-22-03 10:24 AM
sirmoonie Who is this Howard Carter person? Did he ever party with Keith Moon backstage? Was he a fan of pomegranites?
10-22-03 10:29 AM
Joey " Was he a fan of pomegranites? "

Actually , Howard Carter was Keith Moon's Butler in the early ' 70's .

Skee !
10-22-03 10:39 AM
sirmoonie Not. Get it together Joseph. Dougal was Keith Moon's Butler in the 70s. He was Moonie's only butler.

The long suffering Dougal. Where is he now? Cheers wherever you are Dougal.
10-22-03 10:42 AM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Who is this Howard Carter person? Did he ever party with Keith Moon backstage? Was he a fan of pomegranites?

Wasn't Howard Carter a headmaster at Howe Military Academy for a time. He left under a cloud of scandal

Something about "fraternization" with the cadets in an
unprofessional manner
10-22-03 11:07 AM
Joey " The long suffering Dougal. Where is he now? Cheers wherever you are Dougal. "

Dougal Butler wrote the Best Seller " Full Moon " that is now being made into a major motion picture with Ethan Hawk in the lead role of Moon .

P.S. Moonie , Martha ran into Pino Pallidino at the Rock Hall of Fame yesterday --- True Story !!! I guess she chatted with him for a bit . Isn't that so cool ?

The luck that woman has .................Unbelievable !

Word !

J.

10-22-03 11:17 AM
sirmoonie You mean MarthaMyDear??? She's awesome!

You know, Billy Carter RIP, had a beer named after him. Ole Billy didn't amount too much in life, in fact, virtually nothing at all, but he did have a beer named after him.

I wonder how many of YOU have a beer named after you. I suggest you think about that before your next post.

10-22-03 11:25 AM
nankerphelge I don't have a beer named after me YET!

But I will be lobbying Newcastle to change its name to Nanky's Lunchbox Ale!!!

Speaking of which....
Factory Girl How many of you are named after a Beer?

How many of you wish you were a beer??
jb Elton needs the money..he just auctioned off a lot off his possessions and obvioulsy this Vegas gig gives him a guaranteed 50 million....God, I hope the Stones don't end up there.
10-22-03 11:31 AM
Joey " You mean MarthaMyDear??? She's awesome! "

No , Martha .

I guess Pino is playing Bass with Simon & Garfunkel on their tour this fall / winter .

Skee !

10-22-03 11:35 AM
sirmoonie FG, if you were beer, I'd pour you in a trough and lap you up.

I have no idea what that means, but its sounds....vaguely erotic? No? Mongo!

Poor Nankie's Elton John-Vegas post - its been hijacked!!! Jacked high, gimme some pie, in da sky, superfly!!!

"Superfly me and call me Curtis, Ronald!"
10-22-03 11:39 AM
Joey " Poor Nankie's Elton John-Vegas post - its been hijacked!!! Jacked high, gimme some pie, in da sky, superfly!!! "

NOW it is :

Judy Blume
Michael Chabon
Shelby Foote
Shelly Hack
Woody Allen
Bruce Feiler
Thomas Freidman
Elie Wiesel
Jeff Greenfield
David Halberstam
Mitch Albom

-- Thank You !

KINS !

10-22-03 11:46 AM
sirmoonie You gotta renew your jew lists, Joey. Like this:

Richard Roundtree
Maurice Lucas
Curly Neal
Donald DeFreeze
Nat Moore
Lew Alcindor
Huey Newton
Jim Kiick (that is funny on so many levels!)
Mercury Morris
Whoever Ahmad Rashad was before he became Ahmad Rashad
The Average White Band
Boogaloo Jones
10-22-03 12:27 PM
Factory Girl Hey sirmoonie, all those spankings have gone to your head.

If you were a beer, I would savor the big foamy head.
10-22-03 03:00 PM
Joey

I got a Speedbump named after me .

Actually , my goal in life is to have an actual city named after the Jacky ........sort of like " Ho Chi Minh City " .

Wait !!!!! ...............I know ! ............." Jacky City " !!!!!!!

YES !!!!! I like it ( young Joey says in his best Richard Nixon voice ) ........ I ,.. ah ...... , yah !!! ........I like the idea !!!!

Jacky City ----Where the nights ... are bright .....and joy is complete ......Keep me squeeze on Jacky Street !

Gimme a J ! J !
Gimme a A ! A !
Gimme a C ! C !
Gimme a K ! K !
Gimme a Y ! Y !

What's that spell ? Jacky !

Yeeeeaaaah , Jaaaaacky !

Bunnykins
10-22-03 10:30 PM
BILL PERKS ARTIE FUFKIN
JOE MAGRANE
PETE SAMPRAS
PRINCE RUPERT
DURIEL HARRIS
BOB KUECHENBERG
JC WATTS
JOE KLEINE
ADAM ZOLOT
ADRIAN ZMED
RABBI SCHMOOLIE
TORI WELLES
10-22-03 11:09 PM
gypsy I pretend that Bartles & Jaymes is named after me...cuz my name is Jayme. That's the closest I'll ever get to an alcoholic beverage being named after me.