ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Confirmed: Stones in Argentina, Chile and Brazil early 2005 Return to archive
10-20-03 12:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl From >Banquete de Prodioseros (Beggars Banquet) posted by Marcelo

Stones will tour southamerica for sure, it's already booked but not scheduled, dates could be in October 2004 or February - March 2005 to promote their upcoming new album.

Diario Clar�n 20/10/03

12:30 | PARA PRESENTAR SU NUEVO DISCO
Los Rolling Stones vendr�an a la Argentina el a�o pr�ximo

Los Rolling Stones, la m�tica banda brit�nica de rock, visitar�an por tercera vez la Argentina el a�o pr�ximo para realizar una serie de shows. La gira, que a�n se est� organizando, tambi�n se extender�a por Chile y Brasil.

El empresario Daniel Grinbank, quien fue el responsable de las dos visitas anteriores del grupo a la Argentina, explic� que se reuni� con ellos en Madrid y acord� que vengan �en octubre de 2004" o "febrero o marzo de 2005".

El grupo encabezado por Mick Jagger y Keith Richards, que ya cumpli� 40 a�os en el rock, vendr�a Sudam�rica para presentar su �ltimo disco, una compilaci�n de grandes �xitos.

En febrero de 1995, la banda londinense visit� por primera Buenos Aires con la gira mundial "Voodo Longe". En ese entonces, los Rolling Stones dieron cinco recitales en el estadio River Plate y luego, se presentaron en Brasil.

Tres a�os m�s tarde, en 1998, el grupo volvi� a la Argentina, donde tienen una gran cantidad de seguidores, para lanzar su �lbum "Bridges to Babylon".

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-20-03 12:57 PM
jb Then presumably they will hit the States again prior to that?
10-20-03 12:58 PM
Soldatti I saw the info too.
They will release a NEW ALBUM next year according to Grinbank (the Argentinean producer). The new album info was confirmed by the Stones, he said.
10-20-03 01:13 PM
nankerphelge MUST GO TO RIO....
10-20-03 01:15 PM
steel driving hammer Bakie Don't Stop!

This is almost too good.

O'Sullivan's Language Translation from Voodoo's post -

The Rolling Stones, the mythical British band of rock, would visit by third time Argentina the next year to make a series of shows. The tour, that still is being organized, also would extend by Chile and Brazil. The industralist Daniel Grinbank, who was the person in charge of the two visits previous from the group to Argentina, explained that he met with them in Madrid and decided that they come?en October of 2004"or" February or March of 2005 ". The group headed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, who already turned 40 years in the rock, would come South America to present/display its last disc, a compilation of great successes. In February of 1995, the London band visited by first Buenos Aires with the world-wide tour "Voodo Longe". In that then, the Rolling Stones gave five recitales in the stage River Plate and soon, they appeared in Brazil. Three years later, in 1998, the group returned to Argentina, where they have a great amount of followers, to send to its album "Bridges to Babylon".
10-20-03 01:40 PM
T&A according to the translated version - there's no new album emerging, though. It refers to 40 Licks, IMO, when it says "compilation of great successes."
10-20-03 02:19 PM
Joey

I say , " screw any possible surgery !!!!!!!!!! "

Stones to tour states spring / summer ' 04 .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ. the Y !

" The States crave more Stones Ronnie "

The Jacky !

10-20-03 05:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Whooo whooo!

Get well soon, Surgery Stone!

-tSYX --- Mojo risin'...
10-20-03 05:37 PM
Gazza theres been talk of a new studio album ready for release in early 2004 - maybe it'll be delayed to tie in with this tour and give them more time to (realistically) put out a good one

but this is great..I'm still doubtful about a tour in the first half of 2004 but this would make more sense..and its long overdue for the fans in Latin America
10-20-03 09:45 PM
CousinCocaine Sounds good, - but I'm very doubtful about that !
If you read exactly there's no talk of a NEW record and it would be useless and not to handle moneywise just playin some gigs in S. America for promotin a new studio record.
(First after 6_7 years!)
On the other hand big new shows in US and Europe in 04 would be too soon after Licks tour.
And - the record has to be recorded first !
So - all very doubtful.
If I learned one thing in over 30 years Stones madness never believe in those early rumours !
Well, we'll see . .
CC
10-20-03 10:06 PM
Madafaka YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
The best new in the year!
Thanks God, thanks boys, thanks everybody!
If you can, visit Buenos Aires. You'll never forget that shows here.
Cheers!

Max.-
10-21-03 08:10 AM
Flashpoint WOW!, great news, can't wait....
They should open the tour in Southamerica, shouldn't they?...we all southamericans would have waited so long if they came in 2005
10-21-03 09:10 AM
sirfito Great news! Excellent! A new album!
I'll be waiting for more info...
Cheers,
Fito
10-21-03 01:45 PM
FPM C10 This is good news, of course. And MAN, I've always wanted to see one of those South American gigs - you can tell by the videos I've seen that the crowds go absolutely INSANE for the entire show. Like EVERYBODY taking their shirts off and whirling them over their heads. Yee haw!

BUT the article does NOT promise a new album.

"The group ...would come South America to present/display its last disc, a compilation of great successes. "

I believe that would be Forty Licks.

Hey, they can tour to promote Four Flicks for all I care. They don't NEED an excuse for me.
10-21-03 01:48 PM
jb My gut feeling is no tour in 04....Charlie ruined it for all of North and South America b/c of his refusal to continue to tour....
10-21-03 03:34 PM
Boomy
quote:
jb wrote:
My gut feeling is no tour in 04....Charlie ruined it for all of North and South America b/c of his refusal to continue to tour....

Time to ask Phil Collins to join in

"I don't care any moh-oo-woh"
10-21-03 03:41 PM
Joey " Hey, they can tour to promote Four Flicks for all I care. They don't NEED an excuse for me. "

Man you said it .............................

They can tour to promote the following for all I care :

Charlie's left nut !
Patti Hansen reaching menopause !
Any of the kids losing their Virginity !
Sobriety ( see Ronnie ) !
Mick being a Father AGAIN !
Justin Timberlake banging Cameron Diaz
Stevie Nicks liking Puss Puss !

I don't care , it is all the same to me ..................just tour the states next year , PLEASE !!!!!!

And now , with your kind permission , I would like to " Dance " for all of you :

The Jacky !

10-21-03 04:12 PM
Gazza JB : My gut feeling is no tour in 04....Charlie ruined it for all of North and South America b/c of his refusal to continue to tour....

theres more to it than just Charlie
10-21-03 04:15 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Let's all go and stay at Voo's.
10-21-03 04:17 PM
Monkey Woman Now I need an excuse to go to South America
10-21-03 04:23 PM
steel driving hammer Ah si! Me casa es su casa!
10-21-03 09:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl According to the always reliable Soldatti, the date was confirmed by a radio station (Cadena 100) and a TV Channel ( Telef�) for February 2005
10-21-03 11:41 PM
Jaxx from my lips to their ears. what did i say to you on friday night?
10-22-03 06:13 AM
caro Feb. 2005 is in a long time. Would it make any sense to promote, in 2005, an album that was released in 2002? Doesn't that, by any means, make a new album more probable? (smile!)
10-22-03 12:05 PM
Gazza yes..and there will be one by then
10-22-03 12:09 PM
Joey

The Stones probably want to avoid touring at the same time as U2 or THE WHO !

......both are planning mammoth Summer / Fall Tours of the states next year and the money only goes so far .

Word ! G !

The Jacky !
10-22-03 12:38 PM
jb Gazza, have you confirmed the date of the surgery and will the tour depend on the results?
[Edited by jb]
10-22-03 12:46 PM
Jumping Jack The Who and the Stones on the same ticket? Could my heart take it? Would they finally have to turn up the guitars?