ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: how many clubs shows attended? Return to archive
10-19-03 11:09 AM
dogshit how many clubs shows attended?
hardrock/roseland/wiltern/hardrock/utrecht/astoria

[Edited by dogshit]
10-19-03 12:13 PM
erikjjf Three clubs.
Roseland, Cirkus Krone and Cirkus (Stockholm).

/Erik
10-19-03 12:16 PM
souldoggie Three club dates. Aragon Ballroom, The Joint, Circus Krone. I loved the one in Munich and I'm anxious to see the new DVD with the one track from it.
10-19-03 02:21 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat 3, Paris, Utrecht and London
10-19-03 06:27 PM
throbby Portchester (Live at the Ten Spot), Tower Theatre, Roseland.
10-19-03 06:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot Roseland
10-19-03 07:10 PM
glencar The Joint.
10-19-03 07:54 PM
Angiegirl Londen '99, Paris and Utrecht '02.
10-19-03 08:37 PM
kahoosier The Enmore
The Astoria

And it shows how subjective this best of worst of thing can be. The Enmore ia almost unversially praised, and other than opening with MR, I do not see it has an exciting club show set and while I loved it, it did not tkae me to Rock and Roll heaven. For me, the Astoria, which seemed to disappoint some, transported me to another world from the opening chords of JJF.
10-20-03 07:44 AM
keefriffhard Two for me, Olympia and Astoria.

I'd rate Olympia over Astoria.... don't know how much of that is down to the fact that Olympia came first.

Enjoyed the Astoria, but Olympia wins for a longer/better set and the crowd seemed more enthusiastic. I only have to look at the Start Me Up clip on bestbuy website to be reminded of that.

Didn't have the same feeling coming out of the Astoria as I did at the Olympia, but all the same, I'm glad I was there and these 2 shows stand out head and shoulders over any other gigs I've seen in my life.

Here's hoping there will be another tour and more club shows in the future.
10-20-03 11:14 AM
partner in crime 3 club shows: Wiltern / Olympia / Vredenburg.
Best one: Wiltern, hands down: great setlist, solomon burke,lots of nice looking girls ... Olympia disappointed me as I don't think that was one of their best nights; Vredenburg great location but I was expecting more from dutch audience: you're too cold, guys !!!
ciao
marco

10-20-03 11:26 AM
T&A Orpheum & Wiltern. Orpheum gets the nod due to the fact that there was no blueprint yet for the club shows - we were on pins/needles not knowing what to expect next. Wiltern was probably a better performance overall and I was much closer (hanging on the catwalk and getting to go on-stage with Solomon)...but the anticipation/excitement of Orpheum could not be surpassed...
10-20-03 11:59 AM
littleredrooster Aragon
Wiltern
The Joint
Vredenburg
Astoria

Each onr had its highlights, but Vredenburg was clearly #1!
With Aragon a close 2nd, and Astoria 3rd.