ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Taylor-era Boots Grovel Return to archive
10-18-03 12:31 AM
jholcomb I'm a burnerless newbie looking for someone who can B & P the following Taylor-era boots:

"Liver Than You'll Ever Be,"
"Fort Worth Special"
"Welcome to New York"
"Philly Special."

Please let me know if you can help me with these. Thanks!
10-18-03 02:24 AM
marko You should also take Touring party.
10-18-03 10:24 AM
jholcomb I'd love to, if I can find someone who can help me. I'm burnerless and just starting to collect some Stones stuff. The Taylor era is my favorite (although I love them all)!
10-19-03 09:21 PM
throbby Hey jholcomb. PM me, I can help you get started.
10-21-03 01:39 PM
jb I would have to say the greatest taylor era boots for me are Phiily Special, Brussels, Europe 73, Happy Birthday Nicky, Sydney 73, Ladies and Gentlemen, Leed Lungs(although he is too shy on this one).....The only boots worth getting post MT are LA Friday and Handsome Girls...the rest are truly a let down...
10-21-03 01:52 PM
steel driving hammer Josh have you ever seen Mick Taylor in a club?

You could of easily taken time from work and enjoyed yourself at his shows.
10-21-03 01:59 PM
jb SDH, I saw Mick Taylor in the early 80's a club in downtown Ft.Lauderdale called 'The musicians exchange"....He was fantastic but I remember being disappoonted he did not play any Stones songs...he has not been to S. Fla in a very long time.
10-21-03 02:05 PM
Fiji Joe "he has not been to S. Fla in a very long time."

he must have kicked his drug habit

10-21-03 02:11 PM
steel driving hammer Your right Feeej!

Sometimes food can be very addicting.

{{{{CA-RACK}}}}}

Single Ronnie.
10-21-03 02:15 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
SDH, I saw Mick Taylor in the early 80's a club in downtown Ft.Lauderdale called 'The musicians exchange"....He was fantastic but I remember being disappoonted he did not play any Stones songs...he has not been to S. Fla in a very long time.

Josh, you should have caught his show at Alligator Alley back in October, 2000. The man was on fire! Pity you missed out.
10-21-03 02:17 PM
jb Apparently not Fiji-he allegedly very depressed and short on cash...it's amazing that the greatest musician the stones ever had , during their greatest era, has to suffer such a fate...why can't the rolling Stone corporation give him a couple of million-he deserves atleast that from the organization....In fact, everyone here should donate whatever they can to help Mick T...the poor guy has to play in thes hole in the wall clubs..it's really appalling...he was and is the sole reason for their greatness from 69 to 74....
Are you serious KR210!!! I completely missed that one...I about 2 exits from I-595 which would have taken me right into the Alley....Man that sucks...
[Edited by jb]
10-21-03 02:26 PM
Joey

Saw Mick Taylor in concert in Kansas City two summers ago ( Grand Emporium , August 17th , 2001 ) and he was outstanding .

The S.O.B. never came back out for an encore though so I ......................................................

[ This post has been Edited by the ]