ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Love the shroomy header! Return to archive
10-17-03 09:59 AM
nankerphelge My favorite all-time drug!

Of course I don't do them much anymore.
But man it was fun to sizzle the cells with them thangs!

10-17-03 10:31 AM
sirmoonie ...and you've just had some kind of mushroom...

There it is Nankius.

I say for November 11th Stones Group Love dealie, we all gits buck ass nekkid AND goes fungicidal!
10-17-03 10:35 AM
Joey " fungicidal! "

ALWAYS say " Fungicidal " to the Jacky !

The Jacky !

10-17-03 10:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes Nanky, mushrooms are the best, especially fresh, and then Peyote (natural and fresh after a waka-jawaka routine) and then LSD but they are for occasional use and for special people, not for all, not for all

And for a daily use there ain't nothing like a good chiba, colas de borrego de la lima-lim�n de Michoac�n

It's Friday Nanky, why don�t "Mushrooms and beer for lunch" :today

10-17-03 11:07 AM
nankerphelge Mushrooms and beer for lunch!!

I couldn't do it. Last time I mixed mushrooms and beer, I sawed a doorknob off my old college room door in the middle of the night to drag my ex-roomy off'n his girlfriend and downstairs for beer with me!!

Actually, that isn't correct. A couple years ago I had mushrooms and beer before me and a couple of friends went into DC for a concert. I got all giggly on the subway, and decided I couldn't handle the crowds at a show, so I jumped in a cab and drove across the 14th Street Bridge back to Virginia hanging out the passenger side window and screaming at the top of my lungs for the cab driver to drive faster!!

Generally, I need to be way out in the middle of some field, away from the general population!

10-17-03 02:25 PM
Miss U. I've never done shrooms.

I do like the header though!!
10-17-03 04:07 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Generally, I need to be way out in the middle of some field, away from the general population!

Y'know, I gave up hallucinogens a loooooong time ago, but always said I would do some 'shrooms under the right circumstances ("away from the general population", as you say)- I had in mind a select group of friends, a favorite spot in the woods near a gently burbling waterfall as sunlight danced on the clear water - HOWEVER, as is often the case, the best laid plans of monkeys and men often go astray, and we ended up eating them while drunk in a biker bar, and after the bar shut down, driving around stealing christmas ornaments from a nearby small town (they had these things made out of 4" PVC pipe that went over their parking meters and turned them into big candy canes, and we NEEDED to have one, even though it meant we couldn't roll the windows up because it was too big to fit in my car.) When we finally gave up our nocturnal crime spree, we dragged the giant candy cane into my friend's house, and then discovered that he had left a cigarette smoldering in the back seat and set the car on fire.

And the great thing - it was all so hilarious that none of it mattered! My jaw hurt from grinning for a week, and the only loss was my back seat smelled charred for awhile (girlfriend totalled it soon enough anyway) and that the police made my friend give the candy cane back when they noticed it decorating his porch.

Even this last hurrah took place a few decades ago, and I probably wouldn't do them again...but who knows?

10-17-03 04:28 PM
Joey " Y'know, I gave up hallucinogens a loooooong time ago, but always said I would do some 'shrooms under the right circumstances ("away from the general population", as you say)- I had in mind a select group of friends, a favorite spot in the woods near a gently burbling waterfall as sunlight danced on the clear water ...................."

Fleabit ( Warren , Walter , John Denver , Paul W. ) .............. I thought you did 'shrooms in Cleveland at the Renaissance Hotel ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Developing ..................................like a pleasurable rash that gets under your skin and STAYS there .

The Jacky !
10-17-03 06:54 PM
catwoman What is everyone's favorite drug song? One of mine is "Waiting for the Man" Lou Reed
10-17-03 06:59 PM
moy white rabbit by jefferson airplane

[Edited by moy]
10-17-03 07:12 PM
Funky Punk Woman "Dancing Barefoot" by Patti Smith
"Sister Ray" and "Heroin" by The Velvet Underground
"I wanna be sedated" by Ramones

Love the header too
10-17-03 07:26 PM
glencar I did shrooms years ago on the way to Big Sur. Sublime. Them were the days.
10-17-03 07:46 PM
nankerphelge I did shroomies once and went to a concert by the band Cheater in western New York back in 1983 or so. During the show there was a bomb threat and I remember the intensity of being in a large group of people while thinking that a bomb could go off at any second.

I thought going to the bathroom would help chill me out, but the urinal was breathing!! That did me in!

I also recall being concerned by a purple metallic Nissan pickup truck and a late-night incident at the local Unimart involving one of those pre-packaged sandwhiches and some Hellman's mayonaise packets. The details are fuzzy but I remember eating some of the plastic around the sandwhich and it wasn't all that bad. Later I developed lesions and the spiders attacked.

I'm fine now...

10-18-03 11:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the lovely, cool and shroomy header

�� Esos Champi�ones que me hiciste de comer !!
� 1967 by mR. mIcHAel cOoPeR
10-18-03 02:06 PM
glencar I had my shrooms with some XTC. It was a very, very pleasant experience. Everything seemed so clear.
10-18-03 02:14 PM
nankerphelge That shit scares me!

I know a few people that have taken it a bit.
I wouldn't say they were deep in, but they've done enuf.
And I think it fried some important circuitry!!

Shrooms are funky enuf -- the inside of my haid sounded like a bag of Jiffy Pop in the microwave!!
That's why I don't do them anymore.

10-18-03 02:27 PM
gypsy I tried "X" two years ago...and had a really bad trip...got sweaty and nauseated. I was so scared that I would OD, and end up in the hospital at which I worked. That summer, I saw a LOT of young girls OD on it in said hospital. It's nothing I would try again.
10-18-03 02:28 PM
glencar I only did it the one time. I had a great experience but I've always been a bit leery when doing anything like that.
10-18-03 02:31 PM
nankerphelge There was a guy on Keno's board a few years ago that talked about how he loved to huff gasoline.

At first I thought it was a joke -- you know, like Joey screwing around. But as time went on, I really think the guy was for real and doing far too many inhalants.

WTF?
Just roll one and grab a beer!
10-18-03 02:35 PM
glencar When I worked at a restaurant 20 years ago, some co-workers were doing whippets from the whipped creams aerosol containers. I never got high from it myself but I found out later it was somewhat dangerous.
10-18-03 02:37 PM
nankerphelge Well they are a fucking rip for about 20 seconds.
But it is over almost immediately.
Sorta like jb!!!
10-18-03 02:38 PM
glencar Only he lasts for half that time...
10-18-03 04:28 PM
CS
quote:
catwoman wrote:
What is everyone's favorite drug song? One of mine is "Waiting for the Man" Lou Reed

"Legalize it" and "Bush Doctor" by Peter Tosh (Bush Doctor with Keith Richards on guitar)
10-18-03 04:40 PM
Jen D great photo - some of the boys at school used to sneak out of the back of the playing field into a field that alegedly had magic mushroms growing in it, overheard them one of them talking to a mate claiming he'd hulcinated a giant rabbit during the maths lesson.

Acording to Mojo the beach boys used to get high on the gas in squirty cream cans. Some of the guys on art course at college used to get high on fixative - they'd spray it into a jar and sniff the fumes.

got semi accidently high on that and spray mount once (combination of mounting photography work in a room with issuficiant venterlation and a corridoor full of fumes from everbody spraying their charcoal drawings) - wasn't fun.

Thanks to spinamp this thread has a suitable paranoid/psycotic soundtrack of 2000 light years from home and Pink Floyd's Time.