ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JANKEES!!! I told ya, Chowdah Heads !!! Return to archive
10-17-03 12:44 AM
littleredrooster You've been SCROD !!!!!

No Marlin Soup for you!

THE -UH- UH - UH JANKEES WIN !!!!!

The CURSE is ALIVE AND WELL !!!!

JANKEES !!!!!!!
10-17-03 01:22 AM
Maxmeister The Yankees showed what it takes to win the big one. No team can do it all the time, but their record always speaks volumes. They found a way to keep from using their major weakness[middle relief] and "cowboyed up" when it counted the most.
As a life long Yankee and baseball fanatic this day is one of the all time highlghts. To beat the Red Sox in the 7th game of an absolutely awesome championship series is almost more important than the World Series.
Now what? It's going to be veeeerrry interesting. The Yanks have used up their pitching staff which may be hard to overcome. Add in the hangover of this brutal 7 game series with the Sox and life just might be more interesting than I'd like. It is going to be tough. But then again, being in this postion is a hell of a lot better than crying on the plane back to beantown.

Yes indeed, it really was time to "cowboy up", Ronnie!!!

Rick
10-17-03 07:25 AM
nankerphelge As the season wound down I was actually rooting for the Sox to get the wildcard with the hope that the greatest rivalry in sports would again be the ALCS.

I got my wish!

Then, I hoped that it wouldn't be a sweep. As a life-long Yankees fan, I believed that the Sox were fielding their best team in years and that the Yankees pitching was a bit long in the tooth. I really wanted Boston to believe that they could win it! And they did.

But in the end, just when Boston was preparing Fenway for the series, I wanted the Yankees to send Pedro & Co. home to contemplate how they once again lost to the Yanks!

Still don't believe in curses?

[Edited by nankerphelge]
10-17-03 07:43 AM
Maxlugar Maxmeister is right, as long as they beat the Red Sox that's all that matters.

That just was the World Series as far as I'm concerned.

And Nanky, you too nailed it. It was so great they had hope and that it was taken away. That is so much better than a sweep.

I love that they had painted the World Series logo on the field at Fenway!

The only question is if Boston will be another Jonestown this morning.

MACKY BOONE!
10-17-03 08:59 AM
steel driving hammer Meanwhile Yankee Stadium is already preparing the Hot Dogs.

10-17-03 09:07 AM
scope My daugther goes to school in Boston. I was on the phone with her after the win and she went to the window and said to me 'Do you hear that?' I said I didn't hear a thing. She said ME NEITHER!!! All she could see were a bunch of dejected people coming out of the bars walking down the street with their heads down. Aw, too bad Boston.
I think HBO should add a little bit of this to their CUrse Of th Bambino piece they were showing last month.
Aaron F%$#ing Boone!!!!!!!!
10-17-03 10:29 AM
Maxlugar Your daughter is cool Scope.

Say, Scopey, are you coming to the Subterranean Tavern at Case de Maxy fall jamboree hodown extravaganza this Novemeber? Tele, Blue (That's Glencar nowadays) Sir Moonie and Sir Friggin' Stonesalot are confirmed.

Of course you are!

MACKY!
10-17-03 10:43 AM
Joey " Say, Scopey, are you coming to the Subterranean Tavern at Case de Maxy fall jamboree hodown extravaganza this Novemeber? Tele, Blue (That's Glencar nowadays) Sir Moonie and Sir Friggin' Stonesalot are confirmed. "

What about Pal Joey ?!?!?!?!

Why wasn't I notified about this ?!?!?!?! Where is my invite ?!?!?! Why ?!?!?!?!

Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?!

The Jacky !

10-17-03 11:03 AM
scope
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Your daughter is cool Scope.

Say, Scopey, are you coming to the Subterranean Tavern at Case de Maxy fall jamboree hodown extravaganza this Novemeber? Tele, Blue (That's Glencar nowadays) Sir Moonie and Sir Friggin' Stonesalot are confirmed.

Of course you are!

MACKY!

How could I say no to that lineup. Pass on the details and I'll cancel anything else that the wife has planned!
10-17-03 11:09 AM
nankerphelge Yeah, I'd like the details for that lil' shindig too!!

I can't miss that party!
10-17-03 11:16 AM
T&A The curses on the Bosox and Cubs should have been noted when they hired their respective knuckleheaded managers, thus dooming them to their fates...NO OTHER managers in baseball pull the stunts these two fools did in critical spots...
10-17-03 11:24 AM
Riffhard What a great post season for both the NL and the AL! Man,how great these series were. Two game sevens. Five outs away for the Cubbies and the Sox! Then the respective curses raise their little heads!

The difference between Cubs fans and Sox fans?

Cubs fans always say "Next year it'll be better."

Sox fans say "This year is gonna suck too!"

LMAO!!!

Riffhard

PS-What Macky,no invite for your YOTI friend? I'm verklempt! Amoung other things!
10-17-03 12:20 PM
littleredrooster The World Series IS over !
This preliminary round will overshadow the Fall Classic!

It will unseat the 'Super Bore' as the greatest anticlimax of sports championships!

Thanks Grady!
You helped prove that Pedro is the 'Hack of the Year'

I FELT the Boone home run coming.
Just as Weakfield was tossing in his practice butterflies, I had a flashback to the 1964 World Series........
The Cardinals 'tricky knuckleballer' Barney Schultz comes in to pitch to Mantle...........GONE!..Right Field Facade!!

SWEET!
Game 7 2003.......SWEETEST!

The Marlins will meet a similar fate!

Pinch me, Ronnie!!! And pass the Tartah Sawss !!!

JANKEES!!!
[Edited by littleredrooster]
10-17-03 04:29 PM
Prodigal Son Something about the letter B rings prominent here:
The BOSTON Red Sox four curse figureheads:
BABE (bambino)
BUCKY
BILL BUCKNER
BOONE
All kidding aside, this was a tremendous series and reaffirms that my love for baseball isn't in vain. But I doubt the Yankees will go without a WS win in a 5 year span EVER again. They're great and all, but it'd really test their mettle if they had to cut their payroll by $140 million, keeping only who they could and adding some homegrown talent. Then we'll see if they were good enough. But look at who they have developed. Players of a clutch nature that the Red Sox could use: Pettite, Rivera, Williams, Soriano, Jeter, Posada, Johnson (ok, he will be good eventually). I'd take that core over the Sox homegrown talent of Lowe, Williamson, Nixon, Garciaparra, can't think of many others for sure. Hhmm, the Sox needed some of that young blood that got the Marlins to the Series (Pierre, Castilo, Cabrera, Ramirez, Willis, Beckett are all under 26 I believe).
10-17-03 05:28 PM
glencar How tough must it be to be Bostonian these days? What an outstanding victory by our Jankees. I hate to gloat (so much) but this one was sweet. I hated that BS before the playoffs about how the Crubs & the Bosox were "destined" to face off. BS. There were more important teams in the mix, gals!
10-17-03 06:29 PM
littleredrooster The rich team argument again!
That is a headlne for the 'Picayune Intellengence'

Assemble the losers and maybe organize a golf tournement.

The Jankees started 'free agency', every baseball fan knows that!

I really don't care if they WIN the World Series, they are THERE!
Another chance to play for the championship, that suits me fine!

The Best Team Money Can Buy!
Not 'raised' but bought fully assembled and ready to roll!

And ROLL they WILL!

JANKEES !!!!
10-17-03 11:23 PM
Maxlugar Yeah that big payroll helped a lot from '79 to '95....

Face it, these Yanks of the last seven years are special.

My God what a team.

10-18-03 01:02 AM
Prodigal Son Yeah, that's true. Like I said, they developed their core of stars this time. George finally learned what it takes to not be a dumbass owner. Until the mid-90s, most Yankee fans hated his face but he has shown patience and poise with his roster in the last 10 years. He finally learned the right way to build a dynasty.
10-18-03 12:12 PM
Egbert A high payroll doesn't necessarily translate to a winning team. Take the NY Rangers, for example.
10-18-03 12:27 PM
JaggaRichards I still think Grady Little is really Forrest Gump's son:

"Life is like a box of Pedros-you don't know when to take him out!"

GO YANKEES!!!!!!
10-18-03 01:55 PM
glencar I'll never look at Pedro the same after what he did to poor OLD Don Zimmer. Zimmer faces are pasted all over work this week.
10-18-03 05:19 PM
Prodigal Son Yes, god the NY Rangers suck ass. Imagine putting a team like this together in baseball and have them miss the playoffs: Delgado, Pujols, Bonds, Thome, Javi Lopez, A-Rod, Chipper Jones for example.