ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chuck Leavell and his fabulous Rolling Stones! Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-21-03 10:25 AM
T&A Damn straight, Chris T! The Chuck-bashing is getting very old.

And - Beer - you don't think they need a musical director? Well, you're wrong...they do. does dylan? Yep - his name is Tony Garnier and he's been the MD for about 12 years now...Bob wouldn't even consider touring without him, I assure you. Met Tony after the Stones Orpheum gig last year (there was Peter Wolf Sleepless album release party that night - Tony plays bass on the album). Cool dude....
10-21-03 10:27 AM
beer Sources close to the band have said that Leavell and Jagger are planning to bring back the Billy Preston Cock Dance 0f 1975. Mick said he will only perform it if Chuck shaves off his beard. Ironically, the inventor of the cock dance, Billy Preston, is still performing this lewd act. But only in alleys with young mexican boys.
10-21-03 10:35 AM
beer
quote:
T&A wrote:

And - Beer - you don't think they need a musical director? Well, you're wrong...they do. does dylan? Yep - his name is Tony Garnier and he's been the MD for about 12 years now...Bob wouldn't even consider touring without him, I assure you. Met Tony after the Stones Orpheum gig last year (there was Peter Wolf Sleepless album release party that night - Tony plays bass on the album). Cool dude....

i heard that chuck has a pet gerbil that he takes everywhere with him, but no one has ever seen it.
10-21-03 10:44 AM
Joey " i heard that chuck has a pet gerbil that he takes everywhere with him, but no one has ever seen it. "

See Richard Gere

{ CA - RACK } !!!!!!!!!

Single Ronnie !

Jacky !

10-21-03 12:06 PM
Mikey Whether you think Chuck's role fits with what the Stones have to offer, or feel that the Stones at this point need a "music director" is really irrelevant.

My point in starting this thread is to point out my dismay that HE comes up with the setlist FIRST (straight quote from him on RS.com), THEN it goes to MJ/KR.

Everyone knows how meticulous Mick is concerning almost every aspect of their tour (stage design/lighting/t-shirts)and has been for 30 years. I would think that the setlist should be a high priority that MJ/KR can handle.

Also, I summed by saying that, in my opinion (which also seems to be the opinion of many here) Chuck's playing does not compliment their songs or playing style.

10-21-03 02:05 PM
T&A Well, Mikey - last time that responsibility was left for MJ/KR - (81 and before) - the setlists were basically static. So, if that's watcha want....

And, I don't recall anyone bitching about Chuck's playing style in '82 when he first played with the Stones. His style hasn't changed over the years (listen to the work he did with the Allmans in the early 70's - you'll hear much the same playing as you hear today)...so I submit once again that folks aren't really complaining about Chuck, per se, they are complaining about KR and RW (they just don't wanna admit it)....
[Edited by T&A]
Page: 1 2