ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Martha! Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-16-03 11:52 AM
Joey " I to apologize for being a day late. All my best to one of the nicest person I've had the pleasure to meet in cyber-space. Someday it shall be in person! "

Scopey ?!?!?!

SCOPEY ?!?!?!

Is that really you ?!?!?! Where in the Hell have you been man ?!?!?! This board has REALLY missed your consummate posting skills and you sure as Hell knew how to post with a Minty Freshness that many of us only dream about .

Welcome Home My Brother !!!!!!!!!

The Jacky !

10-16-03 12:58 PM
Martha Holy Crap! What a great gift...(besides the new Bowie CD "Reality" from my "sister)".....this is the best! Thank you all from the bottom of my Stones lovin' heart!!!!

I wore my coveted Rolling Stones concert shirt from the February 6th 2003 show (where I won tickets) at the Staples Center for the first time yesterday ...to feel close to my Stones. I miss them.

I LOVE the joke Nanky..you have such a way with stories. It would not be the same around here without you. PLEASE>>>>Never leave us!!!

Pammy you are so sweet to post this thread...you really made my day!!!!! Sorry your Cubs lost last night. :-(

Joey..where the HELL is my DOPE???

Nellcote...I love you...you know I'm a "wicked pissa" kinda gal! Go Red Sox!!!

Stonesy...my back is hurting ..can you make a quickie rn over this way and rub my lower back instead of my feet?

This is not a cheap attempt at getting you into my bedroom!!!

jb..........:-)

Factory Girl...thanks for the light..."music is the light in the darkness that never goes away"!

Voodoo...a sloppy wet kiss is flying across cyber-space coming right at your face....from Martha.......smackos!
I love you too!!!!

Sirfito and Irina...it is a pleasure to know you both...thanks for the wishes and for all your great posts and photos!

L&A LOVE the graphic..it is so cute! :-) (
Moonisup...you always make me laugh with you fun posts, I'm so glad you are in the RO Family! Thank you!

Boomy....:-) You are too sweet!

Lazy Bones...I've got a surprise I'm baking up for you...coming soon....(wink)...and a nod. :-) Thanks for toasting me! Cheers back at ya'!

TomL...it was such a pleasure meeting you in Columbus last October 20th...what great night that was. White Stripe and the STONES!!!! Yes, by all means....let's do that again!!!!

Ladyjane I love your posts and I thank you for the b-day wishes. I look forwad to getting to know you better. My husband is from Buffalo so maybe we can meet one of these days and share our Stones stories!

Scopey...I hope we do meet and someday soon! You make me blush with your kind words! Which lets me know I ain't that damn old ...yet! LOL Thanks!

magicwoman..thank you thank you thank you!

Egon...thanks so much and by the way, I love your avatar!

Honky Tonk Man...thank you so much for the b-day wishes! I dig you!

Gypsy..you know I LOVE you girl...you know who to post right along with the best of 'em..always hilarious, thoughtful and entertaining. If only I possessed such quick wit!

glencar...it is me Martha...sometimes referred to as Martha Mellencamp or Martha Cougar-Mellencamp.....not to be confused with my twin sister separated at birth (and by several years...poor Mother)....Martha My Dear!!!! ...craaaaaaacking up!!!! And yes..we are BOTH lovely, thank you for saying so...LOL craaaaaaaacking up again! ROTFLOL....aiiieeeeeee!

Jaxx.....you ROCK! I hope we get the chance to meet when I finally make it out your way to visit my "Sis". I'm so glad to have gotten to know you better these past several months. That has been a blessing to me. I love you! So glad you are on the mend!

FPM C-10...I lost your private e-mail addy or you would have heard from me 1-2-1 by now. I dig the crap right outta ya'...and want to ge to know you better by this time next year! PM me! Because...hey....I love you too! :-) You da' coolest!!!

ROOSTAH>>>>>You stand out in the crow(d) my friend and I admire your vast Stones experiences. Those posts of yours are exceptional. I cannot wait to read them once I see that great avatar of yours coming up on my screen. And then you got to meet the great Charlie WAtts...HOLY CRAP!!! I am in awe!

So...about the Yankees...will they win tonight?????? Will you have something to crow about? Or will Nellcote be dancing in the streets? LOL

Gazza...Thanks so much....you know I think the world of you too! :-)

Can you Please answer this question for me? Is Bob Dylan an alcoholic????? A friend of mine wrote me a long e-mail yesterday about the photography issue (she is a photographer of Rock and Rollers) regarding Bob and stated that (in her opinion)he is an alcoholic. I've never heard a word about him in this regard until yesterday. I am confused. Can you set the record straight for me? Thanks!

Joey...for god's sake I NEED something to be placed in my underware drawer post haste! Get on it little buddy!!!

Love to you all I hope I didn't leave anyone out! You've made my day more than you know!

My love, warm hugs and continual ROCK and Roll 24/7!

Martha.......Mellencamp

p.s. please excuse the typos..I know I didn't catch them all. sigh....
10-16-03 01:08 PM
Martha Of course I missed someone...darn it!

mac_daddy..it's been a real pleasure to trade with you and I appreciate the b-day wishes. Thank you so much.

Steelie...why are you Joey's baby? I Love the graphic..very pretty it made me smile..hell I'm still smilin' over that one! Thank you!!!! :-)

Hugs,
MM
10-16-03 01:47 PM
gypsy Yay! You seem so happy. Sounds like you're doing great...and had a great birthday as well. Thanks for the kind words, Martha. You'll always be one of my faves from this board.
10-16-03 02:18 PM
Joey " Joey..where the HELL is my DOPE??? "

It is on its way my Stonesian Queen ...........

It is some " Black Indigio " from the " Sensi Smile " coffe shop in Amsterdam .

YES !

" Tie Me Up and Call Me Suzi Ronnie "

The Jacky !
10-16-03 03:31 PM
glencar Martha Mellencamp! I like your rumble seat.
10-16-03 03:39 PM
Cardinal Fang HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTHA !!!

Sorry I missed you. (the story of my life)

Always remember, "Melody, it was her second name"

Thank's for being a friend too and having great taste in "What makes an excelent boyfriend", I didn't forget !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "M" !!!

Love, Jimmy
10-16-03 04:27 PM
LadyJane Martha..that was such a nice post!!

Isn't it great to have such wonderful Stonesian friends!!??

People now think I am totally absurb because of my devotion to the Stones and my "addiction" to this Board....I say..."You just don't get it and you never will."

WE are the lucky ones!!!

LadyJ.

If you're ever in Buffalo...you BETTER look me up!!!
10-16-03 04:27 PM
Gazza >Can you Please answer this question for me? Is Bob Dylan an alcoholic????? A friend of mine wrote me a long e-mail yesterday about the photography issue (she is a photographer of Rock and Rollers) regarding Bob and stated that (in her opinion)he is an alcoholic. I've never heard a word about him in this regard until yesterday. I am confused. Can you set the record straight for me? Thanks!

in the early 90s - almost certainly, but I havent even heard this as a rumour for many, many years so I wouldn't imagine thats the case these days. The consistency of his shows in the last eight or nine years or so would indicate otherwise.
10-16-03 04:31 PM
Nasty Habits I hope you had a great day, Martha! I wish I had been able to post yesterday! You are a spectacular, generous, warm, and open human being and it is my pleasure to have met you on Rocks Off! Thanks for the multitude of great CDs and killer on-line correspondence!
10-16-03 09:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Stonesy...my back is hurting ..can you make a quickie rn over this way and rub my lower back instead of my feet?

This is not a cheap attempt at getting you into my bedroom!!!<

Oh yeah, right. Like I never heard THAT before!

10-16-03 10:45 PM
TracyGene Happy belated Birthday Martha.Hope you had a great one.
10-17-03 11:17 AM
Riffhard A couple of days late and a few bootlegs short,but a very happy buuuurfffday all the same Martha my dear! Yeah jb I said that....see...look I'll say it again....Martha My Dear!

Hope your big day was as big as it could be!!

Riffhard
10-17-03 12:26 PM
Monkey Woman Happy belated birthday, Martha! Many happy returns! In
Keith's words, "You have the sun, the moon, the air to breathe and the Rolling Stones"...

(I can't think why I didn't notice this thread before...)
10-17-03 02:16 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:

FPM C-10...I lost your private e-mail addy or you would have heard from me 1-2-1 by now.

[email protected] - but don't tell anyone!

quote:

I dig the crap right outta ya'...

We'd better put some papers down then.

quote:

and want to get to know you better by this time next year!

What's happening this time next year? Stones tour? See ya then!
10-17-03 04:03 PM
Factory Girl Martha, you are a very special lady. Have a great day!!
10-17-03 04:22 PM
Joey

Happy Birthday Martha from

[ Edited by Jackykins ]
10-17-03 04:30 PM
Prodigal Son Whoa there, Martha shares a birthday with me. Yes, it's a b-day kind of day here at ROCKS OFF.
10-17-03 04:49 PM
sirmoonie Happy birthday, Martha!
10-17-03 05:03 PM
dealer squealing HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTHA MY DEAR
10-18-03 12:48 PM
Martha Well, thank you, thank you, thank you all for the wonderful kind b-day wishes. You've all made my whole damn week so much better. Really all of you are the best!

I'm wondering though........can I have a b-day once a month...all this love and affection does wonders for my self-esteem!
LOL

Hugs to all,
Martha (Not "My Dear" Martha My Dear is my RO twin sister) Mellencamp

:-)

10-18-03 05:36 PM
Pattie
Happy Birthday, a bit late I'm sorry!
10-19-03 01:07 PM
Martha Thanks Pattie that is so sweet of you.

Here's a good one that came up on my page-a-day calendar yesterday..I know you can all relate..lol
-------------------------------------------------------
RELATIONSHIPS WITH STONES

See if you can find someone who gives a hot rock massage and try it. If you can't find somone who does this kind of massage, maybe you should consider getting a regular massage anyway.

Saturday October 18, 2003
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HOT ROCKS! Oh yeah! I know I NEED a Hot Rocks massage..daily in fact! Where do I sign up????
10-19-03 11:34 PM
jaggergurl I am sorry my wishes for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY come late, Martha...you are such a sweet lady....I hope that your birthday was a wonderful as you are!
Page: 1 2