ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Titles of the two new songs on DVD: Well Well, Extreme Western Grip Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-28-03 06:14 PM
Soldatti The new songs will be:
- Well Well
- Extreme Western Grip

look for more on:
http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/news.htm
09-28-03 06:25 PM
Moonisup haha, I can't read THAT! That's french hahah, I just hope you are right!
Where will the songs be on??

Rik
09-28-03 06:48 PM
Monkey Woman This is a promo image for the Four Flicks DVD set:

Basically, the text says that it's a 4 DVD set in digipack form and that it will be released on Nov. 10 worldwide.

DVD 1 contains 2 documentaries: "Tip Of The Tongue" (May to August 2002, from recording in Suresnes near Paris to the Toronto rehearsals) and "Licks Around The World" (the Licks Tour). The other DVDs cover the shows in Madison Square Garden (New York, 18 Jan. 2003), Twickenham Rugby Ground (London, 24 Aug. 2003) and the Olympia Theater (Paris, 11 July 2003). The three shows are NOT complete (see tracklisting). Bonus material include six live songs from Wiltern Theater (Los Angeles, CA, USA, 4 Nov. 2002) Cikus Krone (Munich, Germany, 8 June 2003), plus two songs recorded at the Guillaume Tell studio in France, in 2002.

09-28-03 06:51 PM
Monkey Woman The Four Flicks DVD set, part 2: tracklisting.

DVD 1
- "Tip Of The tongue"
- "Licks Around The World"

DVD 2
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, USA
18 January 2003
1. Street Fighting Man
2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Don't Stop
4. Monkey Man
5. Angie
6. Let It Bleed
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Thru And Thru
9. Happy
10. You Got Me Rocking
11. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
12. Honky Tonk Women (w/Sheryl Crow)
13. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
14. It's Only Rock'n Roll (B-stage)
15. When The Whip Comes Down (B-stage)
16. Brown Sugar (B-stage)
17. Sympathy For The Devil

DVD 3
Stade de Twickenham, London, UK
24 August 2003
1. Brown Sugar
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Rocks Off
4. Wild Horses
5. You Can't Always Get What You Want
6. Paint It Black
7. Tumbling Dice
8. Slipping Away
9. Sympathy For The Devil
10. Star Star (B-stage)
11. I Just Want To Make Love To You (B-stage)
12. Street Fighting Man (B-stage)
13. Gimme Shelter
14. Honky Tonk Women
15. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
16. Jumpin' Jack Flash

DVD 4
Olympia Theater, Paris, France
11 July 2003
1. Start Me Up
2. Live With Me
3. Neighbours
4. Hand Of Fate
5. No Expectations
6. Worried About You
7. Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
8. Stray Cat Blues
9. Dance part 1
10. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
11. That's How Strong My Love Is
12. Going To A Go Go
13. The Nearness Of You
14. Before They Make Me Run
15. Love Train
16. Respectable
17. Honky Tonk Women
18. Brown Sugar
19. Jumpin' Jack Flash
09-28-03 06:57 PM
Monkey Woman Part 3: More details (I guess from some press release).

More than 50 songs:
- The hits: (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, Jumpin' Jack Flash, �
- The never recorded classic covers: The Nearness Of You, Rock Me Baby, Love Train, �
- Never played live: Monkey Man, Rocks Off, When The Wip Comes Down, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker), Worried About You, Hand Of Fate � [make that rarely played live for the most part)
- The guests: Sheryl Crow, Solomon Burke, Angus et Malcolm Young (AC/DC).

Options:
- Select-a-stone : on some tracks, chose your point of view and see the show while following only Mick, Keith, Ron or Charlie.
- Audio commentary : the Stones talk about their songs.
- Backstage pass : see what happens behind the scene.

Sound:
Dolby 5.1 surround and PCM stereo.

Bonus: or The Bootleg part:
Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 4 Nov. 2002
- Beast Of Burden
- You Don't Have To Mean It
- Rock Me Baby
- Bitch
Cirkus Krone, Munich, Allemagne, 8 juin 2003
- Can't Turn You Loose
Studio Guillaume Tell, Suresnes, France, from 13 May to 8 June 2002
- Well Well
- Extreme Western Grip
09-28-03 07:05 PM
Some Guy Man I hope this is true. I am in a better mood already.
09-28-03 07:20 PM
Gazza Sounds great. I'm not bothered about it not being "complete" shows,its a small gripe when you consider what we ARE getting. Whats missing appears to be for the most part "big hits" that are featured on the other discs

Keith completely screwed up the first two verses of "Happy" at twickenham which would probably explain its omission. "Dont stop" and "Start me up" are the other missing tracks

three songs are missing from Olympia. Without listening to my CD of it,maybe they screwed those up too...? The missing tracks are : IORR, Tumbling Dice and Rip this Joint.

Four songs are missing from the MSG show : Start me up, Tumbling Dice, Gimme Shelter and JJF

(personally I'd have preferred Gimme Shelter from the arena shows as that programmed intro they used in the stadiums was horrible,but you cant have everything)

Bonus footage and documentaries sound fantastic. Cant wait.
09-28-03 11:24 PM
sandrew OK, my tongue is officially wagging.
09-28-03 11:46 PM
steel driving hammer I'll beleive it when it's in the stores right on the shelf.
09-29-03 01:58 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
three songs are missing from Olympia. Without listening to my CD of it,maybe they screwed those up too...? The missing tracks are : IORR, Tumbling Dice and Rip this Joint.

Hmm, funny. They fucked up 2 songs bigtime at the Olympia: Hand of fate and No expectations; both are on the disc, so I guess the use the Vredenburg versions in stead.
09-29-03 03:33 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The new songs will be:
- Well Well
- Extreme Western Grip

look for more on:
http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/news.htm

Unless I'm mistaken, there's actually less on that site, they just mention two tracks recorded at Guillaume Tell in 2002.

Is it me or do these sound like "outtake titles" ;-)
09-29-03 09:08 AM
Moonisup olympia??

EDIT_EDit EDITED!
09-29-03 09:20 AM
Monkey Woman Gotdablouse, to access the page whith the tracklist info, you have to click on the red link Four Flicks. This is the URL for the complete info (in French, of course, but I translated it on my previous posts):

http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/news_dvd_4flicks_cadre.htm
09-29-03 09:39 AM
egon so this will hit the stores on the november the 10th.

that's 1....2....3.... 10...... 30.....

41 sleepless nights!!!???

the good news is that it's my birthday in november
09-29-03 10:12 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy You know what really sucks?

I'm going to get nothing but this and the new Let It Be for my birthday and Christmas.

And I'll probably buy both of those the day they come out.

In other news, new trax... slaver...

-tSYX --- Everybody, needs somebody...
09-29-03 10:53 AM
padre
quote:
egon wrote:
the good news is that it's my birthday in november

Me too! Sounds like the right month to have birthday this year.
09-29-03 11:02 AM
egon
quote:
padre wrote:

Me too! Sounds like the right month to have birthday this year.

no shit, when?

me 17th.
09-29-03 11:23 AM
KeepRigid So did Ronnie name this set, or Keith?

[Edited by KeepRigid]
09-29-03 06:11 PM
Some Guy Me too Nov. 17th, its my birfday, I want the new Stones!!
09-29-03 06:16 PM
Dan It doesn't seem so much that they are omitting songs with mistakes, just songs that were repeated at all 3 shows.
09-29-03 08:57 PM
Daethgod its coming Stones heads !

09-29-03 09:08 PM
Flashpoint This sounds almost perfect.....can not wait, but i hope that the tracklistings are not definitive since Brown Sugar it's on the 3 shows...just take it off in one DVD and add another one...maybe LOVING CUP!!!!!..
Did anyone notice this?
no Loving cup?.....Jaggeeeeeeeerrr!!!!!
But fortunately all the other gems are on them
Nearness,Can't Turn You Loose, Worried......
09-29-03 10:02 PM
Steel Wheels I could do without the MSG show, as I already own it.

More rarities, behind the scenes, interviews, and club stuff please.
09-29-03 11:08 PM
corgi37 Who needs sex when you get this sort thing! At last, i can see what the stadium stage looks like. I'm dying to see Sympathy in the big set up. But, is THIS the doco that Michael Apted was directing? If not, what the hell happened to that? Anyway, if i read the disc 1 description corrcectly, then the doco follows them around the world. Maybe us fine old Aussies will get on there. Hooray!
09-29-03 11:39 PM
Mr T there was one song that's been missing from their officially released live material that didn't look like it was gonna make the cut, but I'm happy to see BITCH will be on there in the bonus material.

plus CYHMK , Stray Cat, Worried About You, Hand Of Fate - what more could you ask for
[Edited by Mr T]
09-30-03 02:02 AM
BillyBoll The only other one I'd be looking for would be "Aint to Proud to Beg" after a cracking performance at the Astoria. But it looks friggin' great apart from that.
09-30-03 08:48 AM
goatshead Great news! The DVD looks official and the entire 4-disc package will be selling for only $29.99 in the US as it is listed in BestBuy.com. I personally wish they included Rip This Joint, Loving Cup, and She Smiled Sweetly, but I can't really complain as we're basically getting a triple live album with so many awesome songs like Star Star, Heartbreaker, THSMLI, Worried About You, Neighbors, etc. We never would have gotten anything close to this if they had done their typical 14-song live CD. Bring on November 11, baby!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1334525&skuId=5938596&type=product
[Edited by goatshead]
09-30-03 02:02 PM
goatshead I did a little calculating. Based on the setlists from the BestBuy website, there are 49 different live songs and 2 new studio tracks. The only songs being repeated are (surprise, surprise) Brown Sugar (3 appearances), JJF, Street Fighting Man, You Got Me Rocking, Sympathy, HTW and Satisfaction.
09-30-03 05:57 PM
Mr T "The only other one I'd be looking for would be "Aint to Proud to Beg" after a cracking performance at the Astoria. But it looks friggin' great apart from that."

damn - you had to name that one - now I'm mad it didn't make the cut
10-03-03 11:18 AM
quackenbush I'm just happy Like a Rolling Stone isn't in the set.
Page: 1 2