ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Palais des Sports, Paris September 22, 1970
by Dick Waterman From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: i'm okay with things as they are Return to archive
10-24-02 01:48 PM
T&A CYHMK is taking the place of OOC - similar kind of "centerpiece" song with jams. So, I don't expect them to drag out OOC unless it's at the expense of CYHMK, which would be a darned shame. Although SOM worked well live, it seems evident to me that the song became a bore to the band. Musically, it's not particularly challenging and I think the Stones took it about as far as they could. It's also interesting to note it's lack of inclusion on 40 Licks, which also potentially suggests how it rates in the band's eye.

Down the line, expect one or two of the new songs to get some live airings, particularly Losing My Touch, which is the "sleeper" on the album. I would almost guarantee Keith will include it in his slow-song rotation slot before this tour is up.
10-24-02 02:50 PM
jb Great post!
[Edited by jb]