ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Palais des Sports, Paris September 22, 1970
by Dick Waterman From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The new live classics are AWOL! Return to archive
10-24-02 12:46 PM
Maxlugar I may be wrong but I don't think Out Of Control or Saint of Me have been played this tour.

What gives?

These two songs were what I believed to be the best new live songs in years.

Why the aversion to playing them this time around?

OOC had a jam at the end that was pure Keith Richards rythm. It was a monster!

SOM had that great end of song audience participation.

Surely they could stick these songs in every now and then.......

Discuss.

MAXY!!!
10-24-02 01:25 PM
Moonisup I like the songs a lot! But this tour has a lot of really cool old stuff! Would you drop CYHMK for OOC ore SOM for IYCRM?? No, those songs are great and haven't been played a long time ore in the case of CYHMK never!! That is why they should not play this songs, ore swap them for HTW ore BS! but this tour I really wanna hear the dusted off gems!

Rik
10-24-02 01:39 PM
Nasty Habits Definitely Saint of Me for the arenas sometimes and OOC for a big stadium blowout.

They play You Got Me Rockin' all the time, and have dusted off Sad Sad Sad. And while the version of YGMR is the best I've ever heard, no doubt, it could certainly be sacrificed for a nice St.O.Me and people would still sing along and love it.

And at the stadiums OOC would work great in the space filled by Undercover of the Night or one of those "modern" tunes. UCotN is a great song that has never worked live anywhere near as well as OOC.

Bring 'em back, I say!

10-24-02 01:53 PM
scope Agreed that ST and OOC are definitely crowd pleasers and would love to hear them again, but the theme of the tour, 40 Licks, is gearing the thing to the past. They don't seem to be concerned with material as 'recent' as B2B. Not even sure if they rehearsed much from this album.

I would trade Undercover for OOC in a flash!
10-24-02 03:28 PM
Maxlugar That's what I meant Nasty and Scope. Just replace You Got Me Rockin or shit even Honky Tonk every now and then. These songs were highlights of the last tour. They deserve a night out!

10-24-02 07:06 PM
lucasd4 [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
I may be wrong but I don't think Out Of Control or Saint of Me have been played this tour.

What gives?

These two songs were what I believed to be the best new live songs in years.

Why the aversion to playing them this time around?

OOC had a jam at the end that was pure Keith Richards rythm. It was a monster!

SOM had that great end of song audience participation.

Surely they could stick these songs in every now and then.......

I'd like to hear both those songs again live, especially with Ronnie playing as well as he has been on this tour...OUC would rock even more than it did on the B2B and NO SECURITY tours...both songs were much better onstage than their studio versions

[Edited by lucasd4]
10-25-02 09:28 AM
FPM C10 I absolutely LOVED those songs live - they went WAY beyond the studio versions. The muted trumpet in OOC, the gospel ending of Saint. Man! Great stuff! Two big reasons I will ALWAYS defend the B2B album - there are a few Stones albums I can name that DON'T have songs strong enough to build a show around. However, the fact that these two songs were staples of the last TWO tours probably made them put them in mothballs.

There seem to be different classes of Stones songs - they wouldn't replace "YGMR" with "OOC", but they WOULD put it in "CYHMK"s coveted spot. And I wouldn't trade that one for anything.

I think they'll bring the B2B stuff back tour after the next one. 2007! See you there!