ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Palais des Sports, Paris September 22, 1970
by Dick Waterman From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey, who's that blond guy in the header pic? Return to archive
10-23-02 08:30 AM
dkmonroe Just kidding. Nice to see Brian again!
10-23-02 02:29 PM
Miss U. Yes indeed!
10-23-02 03:32 PM
Child of the Moon I really dig this header pic. Looks like he's having the time of his life, be it under the influence of the music he's creating, the drugs he's on, or perhaps both. Long live Brian Jones.
10-23-02 04:07 PM
Mickjagger1963 He kinda looks like Kurt Cobain there
10-23-02 04:26 PM
dkmonroe Kurt Cobain? Don't insult Brian!

Yeah, maybe if KC had bathed and combed his hair once in a while, he might look like our Mr. Shampoo.

Now, rendering Cobain's name as initials gives me another stupid, irrelevant thought - what if the KC in the Sunshine Band had been Kurt Cobain? Kurt Cobain and the Sunshine Band!

Now THAT'S comedy!
10-23-02 05:14 PM
Mickjagger1963 Im not a big fan of Kurt, but i think he was talented, I wasnt trying to insult brian! haha
10-23-02 06:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man Anyone here heard the new/old Nirvana song? Its pretty averege. Its going to be on their very averege "Best Of" Collection. I lkie the video though.

I always remember something Kurt said in an interview in 1991

"I thought drugs were cool because of the whole Keith Richards thing"

Oh Keith, what have you done?

Alex
10-23-02 08:42 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Oh Keith, what have you done?

When Kurt Cobain died, Keith delivered the most fitting epiphet for him, when everyone else was making him into a rock martyr.

"The kid couldn't take it."

And that's not like "He couldn't take it and that makes him weak" or anything - Keith felt sorry for the guy - he really couldn't take the stresses of life. Keith used heroin to get away, Brian died getting away, he saw Taylor and Ronnie both get wrecked during their time with the Stones. He was just an average guy, who happened to bring us out of the mire of 80s bubble-gum crap/pop (and unfortunately leave the work unfinished and make us languish in 90s self-loathing trash) - and as a result, the media jumped on him and he just was some guy who wasn't cut out to live that way.

Poor guy. And poor Brian as well.

-tSYX.
"You'll never make thirty, man."
-Keith Richards
"I know."
-Brian Jones
10-23-02 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the reference header