ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Palais des Sports, Paris September 22, 1970
by Dick Waterman From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Columbus Show Return to archive
10-22-02 10:35 PM
greenpete I just attended the show in Columbus and am still recovering from the experience. I'm 44 and I've been a fan of the Stones since "Satisfaction" was a hit all those years ago. However, this was my first time seeing them live. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I can't say enough about what an incredible show this was. Forget what that jackass from the Cincinnati Enquirer said (he's jealous 'cause the Stones skipped over Cincinnati). This was one HELLUVA show. I've seen upwards of 50-60 concerts, including Springsteen, Dylan, Grateful Dead, Genesis, Tull, jazz, blues, you name it. This was the best of them all. Nanker was right, the opening numbers established an incredible energy level which carried the band through almost 2 1/2 hrs. of music. "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" is one of my all-time faves, and I couldn't believe how faithfully they recreated it live. "No Expectations" was awesome, as was "Love Train," "Street Fightin' Man," but the real barnburner was "Satisfaction." I swear, the arena felt like it was lifting off the ground. I literally had goosepimples. The "B-Set" was another highlight...I kept thinking, "How long can these guys continue at this level??!!!" I had my binoculars on Bobby Keys' back during his sax solo for "Brown Sugar," and I could imagine being up against that little stage, getting "blown away!"

Another cool thing, we were able to trade our original $50, upper level, back-corner-of-stage tickets for seats on the first level, edge of stage!! Evidently the arena had a surplus of reserve seats they couldn't sell. Unbelievable luck.

I took my 12-year-old with me, so he can pass on something to his grandkids one day. Unfortunately, although he loved the show, 12-year-olds get tired easily, so we had to leave just as the encore was kicking off. I can just imagine what "Rambler" and "JJF" were like. Regardless, it was a night to remember. I think I'll retire after this one!

(One question: anyone know where "You Got Me Rockin'" came from? Is that the old rocker, or a Stones original? Thanks.)

10-23-02 12:19 AM
Martha (One question: anyone know where "You Got Me Rockin'" came from? Is that the old rocker, or a Stones original? Thanks.)

Welcome to Rocks Off!

It came from the great album...Sticky Fingers.

I almost died when they tore into it at the Detroit show it was so clear and pristine...flawlessly executed.

I concur with your take on the Columbus show and am glad you had such a great time...that is how anyone should feel after seeing the Rolling fuckin' Stones!

I'm sorry you missed the encore Midnight and JJF tore the roof off the joint!
10-23-02 12:27 AM
ThrillFreakUncleSam You Got Me Rockin is on Voodoo Lounge, not Fingers