ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Palais des Sports, Paris September 22, 1970
by Dick Waterman From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Love You Live, Rolling Stones: Fanfare from the Common Fan" Return to archive
10-17-02 07:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl "Love You Live, Rolling Stones: Fanfare from the Common Fan" is hot off the presses and you are about to be immortalized in Rolling Stones history!

Your Stones story and photos have been published in the long-awaited Rolling Stones tribute book written by the fans. You will be sent a copy as soon as they are ready, so please e-mail me your address.

"Love You Live, Rolling Stones: Fanfare from the Common Fan" will be ready for exclusive distribution by month's end at $35 each through the Website: www.LoveYouLiveRollingStones.com.

This beautiful coffee table book features a collection of stories and photos by fans on the road with the Rolling Stones for four decades. The book is presented from their fans' perspective and features hundreds of never-before-published photos of the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band in the World.

"Love You Live, Rolling Stones: Fanfare From the Common Fan" contains stories from fans from around the world who wrote about Rolling Stones memories at some of the most important events in the history of Rock 'n Roll, including: the crowd record-breaking concert in Hyde Park, the infamous Altamont Concert; the BBC special "Rock 'n' Roll Circus"; and the precedent-setting club concert, El Mocambo.

"Love You Live, Rolling Stones: Fanfare from the Common Fan" takes it's name from a popular live Rolling Stones double album released in 1977 and was mostly recorded during their Tour of the Americas in 1975. At the beginning of each concert on this tour an excerpt from Aaron Copland's "Fanfare for the Common Man" was played as an overture.

Editor Marilou Regan and Hans Oosterbaan have been collecting photos and stories for the book for nearly three years. There are over 600 photos in the book.

Most of the photos in "Love You Live, Rolling Stones; Fanfare from the Common Fan" have never before been published. Fans have shared their personal photo collections for the book. Some well-known professional Stones photographers, including Kevin Mazur, Dave Hogan, Bob Gruen, Phyllis Lattner, Bob Mussell, Fernando Aceves, and Thom Hoffman, have also contributed never-before-published photos to "Love You Live". And Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood has contributed a collectible artwork.

There are approximately 80 stories in "Love You Live" submitted by fans from 20 different countries. Each story contains a historic perspective of the era and the mood of the country it represents. The stories are anecdotal and personal and filled with adventures from the 40 years the Rolling Stones have been touring.

"Love You Live, Rolling Stones; Fanfare from the Common Fan" is full color, has 256 pages and measures 9 x 12. It is the only tribute book dedicated to the Stones by their fans.

~ Thanks for your help and contribution!
Love You and Licks Live, Marilou Regan
10-17-02 09:49 PM
Maxlugar This is a book just on fans?

I hope my glorious appearance on the WB ch. 11 made it before press time.

I am wonderfull!

CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKIN'...DA DA DA-DA DA DA!!!
10-17-02 09:54 PM
parmeda LMFAO!!!!

Ah, Maxy....this is why I like you so much.

I hope you made it in that book, too...

10-17-02 10:14 PM
stonemon You can find Stoneman & his "Stonesmobile" in all his hog headed, corn feed glory in this wonderful book.
10-19-02 05:17 PM
Child of the Moon You should all buy this book, because... ta-da! I'll be in there!

Well, I will...
10-19-02 05:27 PM
Moonisup hmmm isen't she from the dutch fanclub Stones people?? I've seen here name in there!!
10-20-02 04:32 PM
CHIEFMOON Hey Voodoo, looks like we got the same email.
My input is 20 photographs and a story.
10-22-02 05:45 AM
CHIEFMOON The front and back covers.

10-22-02 04:49 PM
MC KEEF I WANT TO ORDER THIS BOOK!!!! LOOKS VERY COOL........
WHERE DO I SIGN UP......
10-22-02 06:24 PM
Miss U. How come I never heard about this book when it was in the making/taking submissions??? Damn!
10-22-02 06:49 PM
Stonesdoug I saw the book this week-end and it is great--there's about 900 pictures in it, many of them taken by fans and never seen before-plus Stonesman's car is in it...
10-23-02 12:37 PM
Martha Thanks for the head's up on this one everyone. Can't wait to see it.

I know what I'm gonna be asking Santa Claus for this Christmas!

Maxy..you are one funny C-10 MF!

Hi Stonesdoug! It was so nice to meet you at the Columbus show Sunday

.....so where did you see the book?????

In Cowtown???