ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Jordi !
© Jordi Vidal - ¡Gracias!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones "Shocked" in Pittsburgh 1966? Return to archive
October 22nd, 2005 01:23 AM
Highwire Rob I just started a new job assignment outside of Pittsburgh this week and met a guy, Dave, now in his fifties who saw the Stones at the Civic Arena in 1966. The Standells & the McCoys opened--but here's the interesting part that I knew I had to share on RO: Dave said that when Brian Jones was at the mic. to begin the first song there was a loud crack from the sound equipment and Brian fell to the floor as if shocked. The audience witnessed him being carried off stage where he was revived after a short break.

Has anyone heard more about this? I suggested to Dave that maybe Jones was just overcome with the usual substance indulgence, but Dave said clearly and audibly there was some electrical snafu that laid him out. Man, Brian did have a few lives in him! I Googled but all I came up with was the following--it looks like the band was tired out from the double city performance that day--perhaps exhausted, Brian just collapsed in to his mic., hence the cracking sound from the soundsystem.

quote:
June 25, 1966 - The crowd was smaller (6,214) and the Stones' darker "Aftermath" tour wasn't as well received, with the band focusing on "downer" material like "Paint it, Black" and "Lady Jane." The band, according to Goodrich, may have been worn out from playing Cleveland earlier in the afternoon. Opening acts were the Standells and the McCoys.

Dave Goodrich.
post-gazette.com
October 22nd, 2005 08:18 AM
Moonisup That was Keith I think,

Rik
October 22nd, 2005 10:55 AM
JuanTCB Keith got shocked in Sacramento, I think, Dec. '65. Gered Mankowitz captured it all on film.

Didn't Bill get fried at at TV studio somewhere in Scandanavia in the mid-'60s, as well?

It probably happened to Brian in Pittsburgh, too.

Didn't Keith Relf of the Yardbirds sizzle to death by playing a live electric guitar in a bathtub?
October 22nd, 2005 11:11 AM
gorda
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
Keith got shocked in Sacramento, I think, Dec. '65. Gered Mankowitz captured it all on film.

I want to see it!

I know this is not supposed to be funny! But, . . . Ha! Ha! Ha!

I guess that explains the hair!

Oh! Keith, honey, you are a trip! I'm glad you are okay!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)