ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Jordi !
© Jordi Vidal - ¡Gracias!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GET YER YA YA'S OUT on DVD?? Return to archive
October 20th, 2005 09:25 PM
FPM C10

Release date: Oct 17

What is THIS? Anybody have it yet?
October 20th, 2005 09:28 PM
FPM C10 er...looks suspect.

Reviews

Synopsis
Tracklist includes: 'Time Is On My Side', 'Ruby Tuesday', 'Paint It Black', 'Satisfaction', 'Love In Vain', 'Midnight Rambler', 'Jumpin Jack Flash', 'Honky Tonk Women', 'Sympathy For The Devil' and 'Have You Seen Your Mother Baby'.

Yeah, nothin' like that '69 version of Have You Seen Your Mother Baby.

Best track on Ya Yas except for Ruby Tuesday. Mick Taylor SHREDS in that.
October 20th, 2005 09:51 PM
Riffhard I blame Karl Rove!

Kidding aside,I wonder exactly what this DVD is all about. There is definatly footage from those Garden shows via the Maysles brothers,but the ad is a tad confusing. If it is the complete Ya Ya's album plus extras that would be well worth the price,but like you,I find it to be a little dubious.

Riffy
October 20th, 2005 10:07 PM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I blame Karl Rove!

Kidding aside,I wonder exactly what this DVD is all about. There is definatly footage from those Garden shows via the Maysles brothers,but the ad is a tad confusing. If it is the complete Ya Ya's album plus extras that would be well worth the price,but like you,I find it to be a little dubious.

Riffy

Riffy. I have spent about 22k so far...not including bar tabs ....You are one dude I want to treat...sorry we were in the parking lot or you would have been treated like royalty....I have bought everyone I have met many rounds..and I think 2-3 people recipricated..LOL..One nice lady got me a chicken sandwich in Atlanta as I was so intoxicated I think she feared blood alcohol poisoning..MSG 06 you shall be greeted and treated too many drinks!!!
October 20th, 2005 10:18 PM
Riffhard Josh you are a saint among men! Thank you for your kind offer. Giants was fun,but MSG will be the REAL DEAL! I look forward to it and have already taken the whole week off of work jsut to ensure that I don't miss it. Now all I need to do is procure tickets,but that WILL happen come hell or high water.

I tried to treat you with a Shidoobee braclet,but alas you had beat me to the punch and had already bought some for yourself and no doubt others in the parking lot.

Looking forward to the re-greet in NYC come Jan. Josh!

Riffy
October 20th, 2005 10:58 PM
FPM C10 Oooh, oooh...me too!

Hey, back to that DVD...isn't the picture of Mick on the cover of it from '76?

I don't think he wore the accordion sleeves at MSG in '69. That's strictly a cock dance ensemble.
October 20th, 2005 11:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Oooh, oooh...me too!

Hey, back to that DVD...isn't the picture of Mick on the cover of it from '76?

I don't think he wore the accordion sleeves at MSG in '69. That's strictly a cock dance ensemble.

Yeah that wardrobe was most certainly from the US '75-Euro '76 tours. Cockdance is writtin all over it. Same tour that he wore the fucking palm fronds on his head. Not to mention the over-the-top eyeliner.

Riffy
October 21st, 2005 12:14 AM
The Porkchop Express Ya-Ya's is so overrated

Ladies & Gents destroys it
October 21st, 2005 12:46 AM
gorda So, is there a Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out DVD?

I want it!

Is it a boot?

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out is my favorite Rolling Stones' album, it's the one that I listen to the most!
October 21st, 2005 04:18 AM
The Porkchop Express
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Tracklist includes: 'Time Is On My Side', 'Ruby Tuesday', 'Paint It Black', 'Satisfaction', 'Love In Vain', 'Midnight Rambler', 'Jumpin Jack Flash', 'Honky Tonk Women', 'Sympathy For The Devil' and 'Have You Seen Your Mother Baby'.

other than Rambler, JJF, Sympathy, Satisfaction and HTW, were any of the Jones era songs included in set lists on the '69 tour?
October 21st, 2005 06:34 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
The Porkchop Express wrote:
Ya-Ya's is so overrated

Ladies & Gents destroys it

Bullshit. Ladies and Gents destroys many things, but Ya Ya's is not one of them.

Nice avatar, though!

Other Jones era '69 songs: I'm Free, Under My Thumb, Carol, etc.

This looks like a "documentary" about the making of Ya-Ya's, probably along the lines of those VH1 "classic albums" dealiwhops but, you know, cheaper.

Inspirational disclaimer: To ensure editorial control, the film is totally unauthorized and has not been authorized or approved by past or present members or management of the band.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
October 21st, 2005 07:51 AM
Lord Homosex I read somewhere that all this DVD is is a bunch of still photos to the music.
October 21st, 2005 12:44 PM
The Porkchop Express
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Bullshit. Ladies and Gents destroys many things, but Ya Ya's is not one of them.

no way...Taylor was so much better by the '72 tour, plus they had Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Nick Price et al and a superior set list

JJF - the crappiest version ever; why didn't they put on the version from the film? that one kicks ass....the one on the album sounds like a cover band
Carol - meh, boring
Stray Cat Blues - way too slow, no Nicky Hopkins, no Rocky, boring
Love in Vain - awesome
Midnight Rambler - awesome
Sympathy - lame, lame, lame....where's the distortion? it sounds like a funk jam...too slow, sounds like a cover band
Live With Me - lame ass song....only good part about it was Keys' sax solo
Little Queenie - meh, boring
HTW - sounds great, was never crazy about the chorus though
SFM - sounds great as well

I was always perplexed though that they didn't use the version of JJF from the film, as well as why they didn't include Prodigal Son and Satisfaction (film version was dope),
October 21st, 2005 02:57 PM
ListenToTheLion I prefer Love You Live...
October 21st, 2005 03:42 PM
FPM C10
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
I prefer Love You Live...

FEH!
October 21st, 2005 06:12 PM
Staffan
quote:
The Porkchop Express wrote:

no way...Taylor was so much better by the '72 tour, plus they had Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Nick Price et al and a superior set list

The Stones sound just as fine with no one backing them up. Ya ya's is a prime example of that. Taylor had more time in the limelight in '72, but I don't think he was that much better, really. In fact, I love the 1969-style interplay between Taylor and Keith.

quote:

JJF - the crappiest version ever; why didn't they put on the version from the film? that one kicks ass....the one on the album sounds like a cover band
Carol - meh, boring
Stray Cat Blues - way too slow, no Nicky Hopkins, no Rocky, boring
Love in Vain - awesome
Midnight Rambler - awesome
Sympathy - lame, lame, lame....where's the distortion? it sounds like a funk jam...too slow, sounds like a cover band
Live With Me - lame ass song....only good part about it was Keys' sax solo
Little Queenie - meh, boring
HTW - sounds great, was never crazy about the chorus though
SFM - sounds great as well

I respect your opinions, but when you say that Sympathy is lame, I just can't take you seriously. That ranks among the Stones best live recordings ever. You maybe belong to the kind of people that believe that distortion equals rock'n'roll. Listen to old recordings of blues people, or even old Stones recordings. There's hardly no distortion (the only distortion comes from the musicians playing so damn HARD!), but man, that ROCKS! That's the whole deal about Sympathy on Ya ya's. If you really think that the Richards-Taylor solo on Sympathy sounds like a cover-band, well, then I'm fucking speechless.

I rarely post here nowadays, but since I found your comment so naive, I just had to react.
October 21st, 2005 07:36 PM
Soldatti Ya-Ya's is the Stones best live album and one of the 5 best live albums ever.
October 21st, 2005 09:40 PM
The Porkchop Express
quote:
Staffan wrote:

The Stones sound just as fine with no one backing them up. Ya ya's is a prime example of that. Taylor had more time in the limelight in '72, but I don't think he was that much better, really. In fact, I love the 1969-style interplay between Taylor and Keith.

compare Taylor's soloing in '69 and then in '72 and '73....colossal difference. interplay between Keith and Mick? more like Taylor constantly playing lead and soloing over Keith

quote:
Staffan wrote:
I respect your opinions, but when you say that Sympathy is lame, I just can't take you seriously.

haw haw, okay champ!

quote:
Staffan wrote:
You maybe belong to the kind of people that believe that distortion equals rock'n'roll.

great assumption

quote:
Staffan wrote:
Listen to old recordings of blues people, or even old Stones recordings.

dude, seriously.....you're killing me. sorta embarrassing reading this. I've been playing blues guitar for a long time now, I'm a blues fanatic and I'm much more into the Jones era Stones than the cliche "golden period" which every one seems to go along with.

quote:
Staffan wrote:
I rarely post here nowadays, but since I found your comment so naive, I just had to react.

t.r.i.p.p.i.n.g.
[Edited by The Porkchop Express]
October 21st, 2005 11:31 PM
gorda
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
I read somewhere that all this DVD is is a bunch of still photos to the music.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

That's funny!

But, I guess who ever buys it, serves them right for buying unauthorized, unofficial material!
October 22nd, 2005 12:13 AM
voodoopug Brussells Affair is also unauthorized unofficial material. any fan who doesnt have this shall not recieve a hand shake or take part when i work the room in Memphis.
October 22nd, 2005 09:47 AM
corgi37 Ya-ya's is great. Live at Leeds great. But some of the cuts are ridiculous, like MR. For the life of me, i do not know why this cd hasnt been "upgraded", like Live at Leeds was a few years ago. It beggars belief why Satisfaction and Gimme Shelter are not on it. The 69 version of GS is the best...ever! The ending of Gimme Shelter, with the song playing, is just so amazingly doom ridden. ANd that killer bass line!!

If this is an unauthorised dvd, then expect no Stones songs, except Carol. The same deal was with that decade dvd set that came out around LICKS. No Stones songs were used, except covers.

And, another thing. Why wasnt EXILE included on that VH1 series of shows a few years ago? WHo's Next got a gong. Even fucking Phil Collins got a show! But not Exile????
That just infuriates me.
October 22nd, 2005 10:39 AM
gorda
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Ya-ya's is great. Live at Leeds great. But some of the cuts are ridiculous, like MR. For the life of me, i do not know why this cd hasnt been "upgraded", like Live at Leeds was a few years ago. It beggars belief why Satisfaction and Gimme Shelter are not on it. The 69 version of GS is the best...ever! The ending of Gimme Shelter, with the song playing, is just so amazingly doom ridden. ANd that killer bass line!!

I have the movie Gimmie Shelter and I love that version of Satisfaction. I especially love the part where Micky says, "And I need a good woman." The way he says need a good woman. The way he shakes his voice on the word need! He purposely does it! It's so sexy! I love it!

And, then the way he walks around the stage with that weird microphone and proclaims, "And I ain't going to give you no bull shit!"

Damn! Micky! You're just too sexy! Who were the lucky groupies that got him that night? I'm so jealous!

I was born too, too late.
October 22nd, 2005 11:40 AM
gorda Correction: Micky's voice trembles on the word woooooo-man!

I have to go back and check, I'm too lazy right now. I would have to go to my living room and connect my DVD to my TV. The DVD player on my computer only plays foreign DVDs, (I purposely have it set up like that, just so I can see the Hyde Park DVD which I bought in England.)
October 22nd, 2005 01:03 PM
The Porkchop Express
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
It beggars belief why Satisfaction and Gimme Shelter are not on it. The 69 version of GS is the best...ever! The ending of Gimme Shelter, with the song playing, is just so amazingly doom ridden. ANd that killer bass line!!

THANK YOU

Ya-Ya's would've been kick ass with these, along with the "Welcome to the Breakfast Show" JJF version
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)