ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Jordi !
© Jordi Vidal - ¡Gracias!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Negrita Return to archive
October 20th, 2005 05:47 PM
speedfreakjive Another music related query I'm afraid. Just wondering if Ronnie got a writing credit for Hey Negrita? I've only got it as a WMA file so don't know the credit. It sure sounds like its Ronnie playing the funky riff.
October 20th, 2005 06:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I've only got it as a WMA file so don't know the credit.

Black And Blue is a great record.

you should pony up and buy it
October 20th, 2005 06:05 PM
ListenToTheLion No credits for Ronnie.
October 20th, 2005 06:15 PM
speedfreakjive yep, have been thnkin' of it. I've got Hey Negrita, Hand Of Fate and Cherry Oh Baby. I thought it was supposed to be their 70's nadir? But Hand Of Fate, a tune.
October 20th, 2005 06:22 PM
CraigP The video for Hey, Negrita is disturbing. Mick looks like a homo and dance like one esp. the "cockdance" at the end.
October 20th, 2005 06:42 PM
moy
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
No credits for Ronnie.

credits are "jagger richards but add "Inspired by ron wood" as melody is "inspired by billy preston"

October 20th, 2005 06:44 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
moy wrote:

credits are "jagger richards but add "Inspired by ron wood" as melody is "inspired by billy preston"

Jagger/Richards really are harsh on Ronnie and Mick Taylor, ruthless even.
October 20th, 2005 06:46 PM
moy some more from the great site "time is on our side" http://www.timeisonourside.com

TrackTalk

That number came about from Keith and I in a hotel, you know... idea swaps. And it eventually came around to, What was that one you were working on, Woody? So I thought, Oh, great, here's my chance. I immediately made up this riff.
- Ron Wood, 1982

All of us, independently and together, were into reggae, and it was also a mood of the time. I had this particular lick that I took into the studio and the others said, What are we going to start with? and I said, I've got this song. Charlie was sitting behind his kit, so he was already into it and then Keith and Mick both got into the motion of it. That was Hey Negrita, which came together very easily. The key to getting a song across in this band is never to try and write all the words. If you've got the rhythm, you're lucky! Let Mick write the words and then you're in with a chance.
- Ron Wood, 2003

Hey Negrita. It's a compliment. I mean, it's not a put down. I mean, what's the problem, the Hey part? No, I think hey will get past. What, you think colored people won't like it? Well... only the most sensitive ones. It's about South Americans, that's just what you say, you know? You say, hey negrita... one negri... negrota... you say to a lady one, a lady negress... hey negrita! In fact, it's been done, been said to my old lady (Bianca de Macias), you see?
- Mick Jagg
October 20th, 2005 06:52 PM
speedfreakjive Thanks for that. Its typical that even though Wood clearly came up with the riff, its still Jagger/Richards, even though Keith just plays a few chords on it. Thought that it was funny what Jagger said ; "My old lady's been called that"...
October 20th, 2005 07:14 PM
moy ronnie makes a very nice live version check the dvd "far east man"

October 20th, 2005 07:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
yep, have been thnkin' of it. I've got Hey Negrita, Hand Of Fate and Cherry Oh Baby. I thought it was supposed to be their 70's nadir? But Hand Of Fate, a tune.

Hand Of Fate rocks fecking hard.

Negrita, Crazy Mama, Hot Stuff, Hand Of Fate, Memory Motel. All excellent. Top notch Stones songs right there.

buy it, download it, steal it, whatever just get it.
October 20th, 2005 07:25 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
moy wrote:
ronnie makes a very nice live version check the dvd "far east man"

When was this made? Does it contain any Faces, cos I hate them, can't stand Rod Stewart.
October 20th, 2005 07:31 PM
Soldatti I love Black and Blue, it's so fresh and funny.
October 20th, 2005 07:40 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
When was this made? Does it contain any Faces, cos I hate them, can't stand Rod Stewart.

You don't own Black & Blue and you hate the Faces. Dude, you're missing out! What kind of Stones fan are you?
October 20th, 2005 07:43 PM
moy
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

don't worry no rod or faces there but some relatives and friends, it was recorded in 2001 at sheperds bush empire in london with son jesse daughte leah, in-law vinnie and some others, guests include andrea corr (on the DVD) and slash

October 20th, 2005 08:05 PM
texile love that groove on negrita - riff reminds of a War song....
October 20th, 2005 09:45 PM
exile If your going to buy one Stones record buy Black and Blue. It was one of the first Stones album I ever bought.

great record. still one of my favs
October 21st, 2005 02:40 AM
JuanTCB Speedfreakjive -

Nice shot of The Chief in your avatar!

Yep.
October 21st, 2005 04:50 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I love Black and Blue, it's so fresh and funny.

Thanks.
October 21st, 2005 05:46 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
Speedfreakjive -

Nice shot of The Chief in your avatar!

Yep.

Thanks
October 21st, 2005 09:21 AM
stonesmik
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Thanks for that. Its typical that even though Wood clearly came up with the riff, its still Jagger/Richards, even though Keith just plays a few chords on it. Thought that it was funny what Jagger said ; "My old lady's been called that"...

Actually Ronnie came up with "It's only rock'n'roll" too but he gave it to Mick Jagger somehow in exchange for "I can feel the fire". It was kinda his entry ticket to the Rolling Stones. He showed he was a nice guy who didn't want part of the cake. He just loved to hang around with the Stones. Ronnie is the ultimate fan of the Rolling Stones.
October 21st, 2005 02:58 PM
ListenToTheLion Great song, great album!
October 21st, 2005 06:59 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
exile wrote:
If your going to buy one Stones record buy Black and Blue. It was one of the first Stones album I ever bought.

great record. still one of my favs

If you're going to buy one stones record buy Exile.
It was the first Stones album I ever bought.

excellent record. still my favourite
October 21st, 2005 07:04 PM
Ronnie Richards Black & Blue is uneven, but Hot Stuff and Hand of Fate kick ass.
Good thing about B&B (as with the 76 tour) is the nasty decadent vibe
October 23rd, 2005 10:45 AM
speedfreakjive I just got a Live Version of Hey Negrita on the 1976 Knebworth Concert. Its pretty good, Ronnie's playing is excellent.
October 23rd, 2005 10:49 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
CraigP wrote:
The video for Hey, Negrita is disturbing. Mick looks like a homo and dance like one esp. the "cockdance" at the end.

and that bothers you why?

October 23rd, 2005 12:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Lyrics in Spanish or "Spanglish" have been transribed wrong because of Mick's pronunciation.

Black and Blue came with lyrics here, and watching several website this is almost the same in all. Here's a translation from the Black and Blue original album lyrics instert:

"Come si chiama" = ¿Cómo se llama? ==> What's your name?

"Mueva las carreras" = Mueve las caderas ==> Shake your hips.

"Just a momentita" = Just a momentito ==> Just a little moment (In Spanish should be "Sólo un momentito")

BTW, Conchita is a first name, a short for Concepción, so it's the name of the negrita

October 23rd, 2005 01:45 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

and that bothers you why?

Good question.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)