ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Jordi !
© Jordi Vidal - ¡Gracias!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: St. Pete Times Forum - Tampa, FL - October 19th - Setlist, pictures & Reviews! Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 19th, 2005 08:52 PM
deuce 1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock And Roll
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Dead Flowers
8. Bitch
9. Night Time
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Oh No Not You Again
14. You Got Me Rocking
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Out Of Control
17. Sympathy For The Devil
18. Brown Sugar
19. Jumping Jack Flash
20. Satisfaction

Thanks to Shidoobee

[Edited by deuce]
[Edited by deuce]
October 19th, 2005 09:48 PM
LadyJane Good job, deuce!!

I'm so tired tonight......but who can go to bed knowing somewhere the Stones are dazzling yet another lucky audience.

LJ.
October 19th, 2005 09:49 PM
deuce Yeah, I was getting kind of worried when I saw that the RO Chicks hadnt arrived at the party yet
October 19th, 2005 09:51 PM
corgi37 Tampa. I imagine the crowd would be sexy. Sun tanned bikini babes and all that.

Of course, thats if anyone under 40 years of age goes!

hahahahhhaa - er - ha.
October 19th, 2005 09:51 PM
LadyJane Well...if'n I do say so myself...there cannot BE a good party without a couple of RO chicks in da house.

LJ.
October 19th, 2005 10:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG O.K. I'm here!! ( Hate to admit I am hooked on Lost!!!)
I love Dead Flowers!!!
October 19th, 2005 10:04 PM
PartyDoll MEG Glad to see we have a new poster, right LJ!!!?
October 19th, 2005 10:08 PM
LadyJane Hi MEG!!!

Yes it is...who is gonna "do this" when they hit the west coast??????

Hope Lisa gets the spotlight back tonight on Nightime. She deserves it.

LJ.
October 19th, 2005 10:20 PM
Riffhard I have it on very good authority that Keith's set will include two rarely performed tunes. Namely-"The Worst",and "Infamy". Remember you heard it here first! I've got connections baby!

Riffy
October 19th, 2005 10:22 PM
PartyDoll MEG West coast?- Damn, I forgot about the time zones. This RO Chick will be counting sheep and havin' sweet Mick dreams. I am afraid I will be of little use for setlists!!!
October 19th, 2005 10:26 PM
LadyJane knowing me....I'll go to sleep and bolt out of a deep sleep to check the Board at 2 a.m.

Hi Riffy!! Good connections.........lmao. Our Keef is not budging on his setlist. Damn shame......

LJ.
October 19th, 2005 10:33 PM
Riffhard Oh he'll change it up LJ. I'm certain of it. I predict the date for said change will be January 18th,and then again on January 20th!

Yes,just in time for {{{{{{{The Summit of the Century}}}}}} Keef's set will include a plethora of diverse songs. He will not repeat any songs during {{{{{{The Summit of the Century}}}}}}!!!!

Remember I've got major connections! As you have just witnessed tonight! You heard it here first.

Riffy
October 19th, 2005 10:36 PM
deuce Sorry guys, I gotta run...

Hopefully someone will be able to finish this up.
October 19th, 2005 10:37 PM
PartyDoll MEG Howdy Riffy!! NYC?- SUMMIT- I don't think I'll even care what songs Keith plays!!!
October 19th, 2005 10:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks Deuce!!

(I think we all know the final songs)

Can't spell!!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
October 19th, 2005 10:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Howdy Riffy!! NYC?- SUMMIT- I don't think I'll even care what songs Keith plays!!!

Meg?!? Are you?!?! Are you really?!?! Are you really planning on attending {{{{{{The Summit of the Century}}}}}}?!?!?!?

Outstanding!

Hey,ya got any extra tickys? My connections suck!

Riffy
October 19th, 2005 10:46 PM
PartyDoll MEG Me lucky to get the one I got, Baby!! I am sure it will all work out for you and we will party together in January!!
October 19th, 2005 10:57 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Me lucky to get the one I got, Baby!! I am sure it will all work out for you and we will party together in January!!

Oh yes Meggy! It'll work out. It always works out. I've got my feelers out and I'm certain that I will be attending {{{{{{The Summit of the Century}}}}}}!!!!

The hardest part is the waiting. (with thanks to Tom Petty)

Riffy
October 19th, 2005 11:04 PM
LadyJane NYC will be magical.

Sadly, this is probably my least fav set list thus far. IMHO, of course.

1. Start Me Up
2. IORR
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back of My Hand
7. Dead Flowers
8. Bitch
9. Night Time
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Oh No Not You Again
14. You Got Me Rocking
15. Honky Tonk Woman
16. Sympathy
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumping Jack Flash
October 19th, 2005 11:07 PM
Riffhard Yeah I hear ya LJ rather blase,but at least Keith did The Worst and Infamy. Which,by the way,I predicted he would.

C'mon January!! Hurry up!

Riffy
October 19th, 2005 11:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yeah I hear ya LJ rather blase,but at least Keith did The Worst and Infamy. Which,by the way,I predicted he would.

C'mon January!! Hurry up!

Riffy

1. Start Me Up
2. IORR
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back of My Hand
7. Dead Flowers
8. Bitch
9. Night Time
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Oh No Not You Again
14. You Got Me Rocking
15. Honky Tonk Woman
16. Out of Control
17. Sympathy
18. Brown Sugar
19. Jumping Jack Flash
20. Satisfaction

set complete
only 20 songs
Many thanks to Rstones2550!!!!!

VOODOOPUG: "Ranking Stones fans worldwide"

www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs "The Voodoo Pugs" Tribute to the Rolling Stones band in Chicago!
October 20th, 2005 05:51 AM
Gazza Down to 20 songs and just one encore now?

Uh-oh - a bad sign of things to come...
October 20th, 2005 06:03 AM
erikjjf [quote]Gazza wrote:
Down to 20 songs and just one encore now?

They did 20 songs Moncton, St Paul and Milwaukee.
One encore in Moncton, Milwaukee and Albany.
October 20th, 2005 06:24 AM
charlotte WTF??? 20-less than 2 hours??? this better change in 38 hours...
October 20th, 2005 08:42 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Posted on Thu, Oct. 20, 2005
Rolling Stones deliver dose of satisfaction
Legendary rockers' classic hits leave Tampa crowd on their feet
WADE TATANGELO
Herald Staff Writer

TAMPA - Yeah, they're almost old enough to collect Social Security. And most of their classic albums came out more than three decades ago. But the Rolling Stones proved Wednesday night at the St. Pete Times Forum to still be one of the most potent live acts in rock and roll.

Working from their mighty back catalog of hits, the Stones careened from raunchy rockers and outlaw country to jazzy soul and Delta blues. The show ignited with the predictable but highly effective opener, "Start Me Up," and sustained the air electric for most of the following two hours of the show.

During a smile-inducing version of "She's So Cold," videos from the Stones' past were displayed on the jumbo screen above the stage.

Meanwhile, Mick Jagger preened around like a hopped-up peacock. Minus the manly wrinkles, he appears and sounds as young today as he did during the Nixon administration.

Keith Richards, less so.

But rock's ravaged-looking swashbuckler still boasts meaner stage presence than most stars half his age. Ronnie Wood shouldered the bulk of the guitar work, but when Richards dipped into his solos, he unleashed a sly, loose assault - much to the crowd's delight.

The audience of 18,493 was mostly baby boomers, but there was a decent smattering born after the 1978 release of "Some Girls," the Stones' last truly great album.

The Stones' current tour takes its name from its new album, "A Bigger Bang," which is one of the strongest albums the band has released in years. Derivative yet delightful blasts like "Rough Justice" went over as well as the familiar fare.

When Jagger got on slide acoustic guitar for the Mississippi blues-style "Back of My Hand," also from "Bigger Bang," the energy in the arena deflated. Then again after being on their feet for a punishing opening salvo that lasted nearly 30 minutes, folks in the crowd probably appreciated the breather.

Serious Stones enthusiasts seeking hidden treasure, were rewarded with the too-nasty-for-Nashville country of "Dead Flowers," from the 1971 masterpiece, "Sticky Fingers."

The Stones mostly stuck to its hits from the 1960s and '70s. Aside from the new material, only a few latter-day songs made the set list. The best being the rowdy "You Got Me Rockin'," from "Voodoo Lounge," which came out in 1994.

The evening's lone cover song was "The Nighttime is the Right Time," a crowd-pleasing tribute to Ray Charles that featured video clips of the legend.

Of course, what worked the congregation into a frenzy were the Stones' anthems that have dominated classic rock radio for years. With the multitude in the palm of its hands, the band delivered a final carpet-bombing of "Sympathy for the Devil," "Brown Sugar," "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Satisfaction."

The Stones broke no new ground. They did nothing inventive. But like they have done for decades, they kept the customers satisfied.

English pop-soul singer Joss Stone opened the show and did little to get the party started. Other legs of this Stones tour featured opening acts such as Pearl Jam and Beck, performers better equipped to set the stage for the world's greatest rock-and-roll band.
October 20th, 2005 08:55 AM
Madafaka 20 songs? Why? Hum...
October 20th, 2005 09:37 AM
montana pic

October 20th, 2005 10:16 AM
voodoopug Talked to Josh this morning, he had quite a hangover: This was the setlist he gave me last night that he said he saw on the drum sheild:

Start Me Up
IORR
Shes So Cold
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back of My Hand
Mona
Dead Flowers
Night Time
The Worst
Infamy
Miss You
OH No Not You Again
You Got ME Rocking
HTW
Gimme Shelter
Out of Control
Sympathy
Brown Sugar
JJF
Satisfaction

he did say that the words were hard to read as his seats were not the best (6th row center). I did not want to get everyone up in a riot about Shelter and Mona, so I did not post his full list, just that he said he seen them on the setlist.

He also said that the crowd was dead and he was humiliated, but Dead Flowers was fantastic and a true highlight. Mick and Keith said to be getting along great!

he will be back online this afternoon and then may have to evacuate the state of FL for the next storm.

VOODOOPUG: "Ranking Stones fans worldwide"

www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs "The Voodoo Pugs" Tribute to the Rolling Stones band in Chicago!
October 20th, 2005 11:16 AM
winter Did they play MONA??????????????????????????????????????

wintah
October 20th, 2005 11:53 AM
voodoopug
quote:
winter wrote:
Did they play MONA??????????????????????????????????????

wintah

No, he confused Mona with Bitch (his view was distorted by the plexiglass) and I dont know where he got Gimme SHelter from...I suspect Jack Daniels told him.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)