ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Jordi !
© Jordi Vidal - ¡Gracias!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why are the Stones Recording a Video for "Rain Fall Down?" Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 19th, 2005 01:38 PM
jcdesq Oct 13: Rain Fall Down video to be recorded in Atlanta
Swedish video producer Jonas Åkerlund will be recording "performance" scenes to the new Rolling Stones video "Rain Fall Down" in Atlanta tomorrow Friday, as the Stones are in Atlanta for the show in the city the day after. Then he will finish the video in a studio in Los Angeles. See Swedish Expressen.

This is a serious question. The song is pretty bad, not radio friendly and pretty much a "throwaway" (another horrible Jagger tune).

This video will never be seen on the MTV and will not help the Stones sell anymore albums (A Bigger Bang has dropped off the face of the earth in any markets where this video will be shown).

Is the only reason this video was made is so the Stones could use the production costs as a write-off? They are going to get killed with taxes, so I guess this is a good way to save some cash. Maybe they had it written into their contract with Virgin that they had to make a certain amount of videos. Can anyone give a legitimate reason that money, film and manpower were wasted on such a folly?

In other news, the person who posts under the name "Pdog" is annoying and not very intelligent. His posts are ordinary at best. I think he is the guy who is obsessed with pugs. How embarrassing. It is almost as pathetic as writing crazy posts on a Rolling Stones message board. I would imaging that he is fat too. Which brings up an interesting question: How the hell is Mick Taylor fat? Where is he getting the money for all the food?
October 19th, 2005 01:44 PM
nankerphelge YOUR posts are the ones that are annoying and unintelligent. Why don't you leave and do everyone a huge favor.

I'm sure you'll have a brilliant comeback, but please, save your breath -- you'll need it for your date tonight!
October 19th, 2005 01:45 PM
voodoopug You shall not be greeted as you are uninformed. As I have said many times before, you are out of your league and would be best staying in the kiddie pool as you will drown down here with the sharks.

pdog is a fine person, and he must be as him and I got off to a horrible start and have now grown great respect for each other. He has gone out of his way to send me a couple of cds for no reason other than to be kind and I owe him a public thank you.

I also would like to publicly thank Joey.

October 19th, 2005 01:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
YOUR posts are the ones that are annoying and unintelligent. Why don't you leave and do everyone a huge favor.

I'm sure you'll have a brilliant comeback, but please, save your breath -- you'll need it for your date tonight!

you are a good man and shall always stay on my greet list. Come to Memphis or CHicago this tour...first round is on me!
October 19th, 2005 01:49 PM
nankerphelge Actually, I am surprised that i am not on your "have drunk with" list as there is a photo of you from Boston with me standing there drinking with you.

But in your defense, you were working the room, and I am but one of the masses that you met!
October 19th, 2005 01:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Actually, I am surprised that i am not on your "have drunk with" list as there is a photo of you from Boston with me standing there drinking with you.

But in your defense, you were working the room, and I am but one of the masses that you met!

This horrible oversight has been corrected! As you may recall, i was putting down the IPA's at record pace and my memory was hazy at best. It is tough to be "on" all the time as I am expected to give folks lasting memories of my greetings and room workings!
October 19th, 2005 02:37 PM
pdog You're not a good poster. Actually your posts kinda suck, but you try and I'll give you credit for imagination when it comes to things about sex and fesces. No one will answer your question b/c no one likes you. Attacking me and Pug for no reason and expecting an answer to your question is basically retarded, but that goes without saying, right?
The people working on the video aren't nearly as humiliated as we are here, sharing this space with you.

Edition by admin: QUoted message deleted, Pdog reply left intact
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
October 19th, 2005 02:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jcdesq wrote:

I WANT ANSWERS TO THE REASON THE STONES ARE FILMING A VIDEO FOR "RAIN FALL DOWN." Does anyone know? Do you think the people working on the video shoot were embarrassed that they were spending time on this ridiculous task?

I have a theory. See if you can follow.

about 40 yrs ago, Jagger made a deal with the devil.

since then, he's been reaping in the rewards of said deal.

but as he is now entering his golden age and coming to grips with his mortality, he is frightened about paying off his end of the deal. And rather than make ammends he is trying his best to sabotage the Stones legacy in order to default the deal.

think about it.

how else can you explain filming videos and choosing the 2 lamest songs as singles - SOL & Rain Fall Down?? Plus, the whole Soap Opera thing.... and Sweet NeoCon... Goddess... it all adds up and wreaks of intentional career sabotage.
October 19th, 2005 02:39 PM
Nellcote You want answers, how does it feel to want?
October 19th, 2005 02:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Listen jcdesq if you don't have arguments to discuss please at least avoid personal attacks and insults. I deleted your message and edited one with the same message quoted.

Let's wait for a nice comeback from you, take your time whatever is necessary but be sure it will be a friendly, nice and intelligent comeback

Light up or leave us alone
October 19th, 2005 02:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, Rain Fall Down is an xl-ent song, I love it is a delicious mixture of funk and reggae mixed in an exquisite rocking atmosphere and love the guitars. Is so stone, really stone!

I seleted that one when I introduce ABB on the radio with only 7 songs

Wait till you see the video and then give an opinion
October 19th, 2005 02:56 PM
egon well, imo it's not the best choise for a single.
but hey, i guess the stones know best.............
October 19th, 2005 03:02 PM
voodoopug I am anxiously awaiting the next "Pee Wee Herman" response. It truly amazes me how Darwinism lets me down on occassion.
October 19th, 2005 03:02 PM
jcdesq You will never see the video, because there is no forum for it. Maybe VH-1 classic at 3am.

By the way, when you chose "Rain Fall Down" as one of the 7 "best" songs off "A Bigger Bang," you chose poorly. Though that must have been like choosing the 7 best smelling turds out of my cat's litter pan. Remember, he makes many big browns and they all smell sickly sweet.
October 19th, 2005 03:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
BTW, Rain Fall Down is an xl-ent song, I love it is a delicious mixture of funk and reggae mixed in an exquisite rocking atmosphere and love the guitars. Is so stone, really stone!

I seleted that one when I introduce ABB on the radio with only 7 songs

Wait till you see the video and then give an opinion

WHile I would have rather seen LIND as the next single or Let me Down Real Slow.....I like RFD and particularly like that they are proud of their new music to the point of creating more promotional tools and presenting these songs in concert, albiet slowly.
October 19th, 2005 04:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
You will never see the video, because there is no forum for it. Maybe VH-1 classic at 3am.

By the way, when you chose "Rain Fall Down" as one of the 7 "best" songs off "A Bigger Bang," you chose poorly.

LOL I didn't select those 7 songs as the best but as the most representative of the album, if you need to select 7 you need to add variety. In terms of variety definitively RFD is one to be there as the other six I selected.

Poorly? well that's is your opinion ignoring the basis for selecting the tracks.

Now at least two in this thread are requesting you for a good comeback. If you think that was a good comeback, a friendly, nice, cool and intelligent please take a month off, probably later you will have something relevent to say.

quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Though that must have been like choosing the 7 best smelling turds out of my cat's litter pan. Remember, he makes many big browns and they all smell sickly sweet.

zzz zzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

October 19th, 2005 05:01 PM
voodoopug for the record Voodoo, I did warn him about jumping into the deep end with the sharks....the kiddie pool is much safer!

Good thing he didnt post this on a day when jb was at his computer.....he would have been eaten alive.

All Hail Joey!
October 19th, 2005 06:41 PM
jcdesq Why are all you guys geeking out on me so hard? Maybe if you knew some more about me, you all would not be so self-important. Here is my story:

My name is Slim JG and I was born in Miami. I'm 29 years old and many people think my style is bold. I'm frequently told that I'm unique and yes- you can hear it when I speak. It all started when I was fourteen, I was just an innocent human being. Then I started a rap group called, "The Rap Duo." For the next three years to follow, all I did was write rhymes that flow. After I graduated high school, "The Rap Duo" split up. It was all due to the fact that I had to leave to college to develop. I earned my BA in Criminology, with a minor in Psychology. After I finished college, I moved back to Miami. That's when I remembered my flows lyrically. However, I went and got my real estate license. Then my mind was filled with ambivalence. I must admit there is one thing that motivated me to record my songs. Plain and simple- there was a man in my life that didn't belong. You can hear by the sound of my raps, that I come real close to getting into severe scraps. This is why I now am writing and rappin' my lyrical rhymes. I want to vent about what happened to me over time.

October 19th, 2005 06:53 PM
pdog
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Why are all you guys geeking out on me so hard? Maybe if you knew some more about me, you all would not be so self-important. Here is my story:

My name is Slim JG and I was born in Miami. I'm 29 years old and many people think my style is bold. I'm frequently told that I'm unique and yes- you can hear it when I speak. It all started when I was fourteen, I was just an innocent human being. Then I started a rap group called, "The Rap Duo." For the next three years to follow, all I did was write rhymes that flow. After I graduated high school, "The Rap Duo" split up. It was all due to the fact that I had to leave to college to develop. I earned my BA in Criminology, with a minor in Psychology. After I finished college, I moved back to Miami. That's when I remembered my flows lyrically. However, I went and got my real estate license. Then my mind was filled with ambivalence. I must admit there is one thing that motivated me to record my songs. Plain and simple- there was a man in my life that didn't belong. You can hear by the sound of my raps, that I come real close to getting into severe scraps. This is why I now am writing and rappin' my lyrical rhymes. I want to vent about what happened to me over time.

Pathetic...
October 19th, 2005 06:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Why are all you guys geeking out on me so hard? Maybe if you knew some more about me, you all would not be so self-important. Here is my story:

LOL Slim, you can be the president of the USA or even Mick Jagger in disguise. The people here is judged by their posts, as simple as that
October 19th, 2005 06:59 PM
winter
quote:
jcdesq wrote:

To summarize, jcdesq ate paint chips as a child.

wintah
October 20th, 2005 01:34 PM
voodoopug wintah shall always be greeted with a warm handskake and will never be on the outside looking in while I work the room!
October 20th, 2005 01:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
wintah shall always be greeted with a warm handskake and will never be on the outside looking in while I work the room!

Bruce Geller
Bruce Kovner
Bruce Kulick
Bruce Paltrow
Bruce Perens
Bruce Ratner
Bruce Schneier
Bruce Sundlun
Bruce Vilanch
Bruce Wasserstein
Bruno Bettelheim
Bruno Kreisky
Bruno Schulz
Bruno Walter
Bryan Singer
Bryher
Buck Henry
Bud Abbott
Bud Selig
Budd Schulberg
Buddy Hackett
Buddy Myer
Buddy Rich
Budy Hackett
Bugsy Siegel
Burt Bacharach
Burt Balaban
Burton Baskin
Burton Lane
Burton Richter
Byron Janis
C.A.R Hoare
Cal Abrams
Calvin Klein
Cameron Kerry
Camille Dreyfus
Camille Pissarro
Camillo Berneri
Camryn Manheim
Capers Funnye Jr
Caprice Bourret
Carl Bernstein
Carl Djerassi
Carl Icahn
Carl Koller
Carl Laemmle
Carl Laemmle Jr
Carl Levin
Carl Rakosi
Carl Reiner
Carl Sagan
Carly Simon
Carol Gilligan
Carol Harris-Shapiro
Carol Kane
Carol Kaye
Carol Leifer
Carole Bayer Sager
Carole King
Carolyn Drake
Carolyn Jones
Carolyn Leigh
Carolyn Mervis
Carrie Brownstein
Carrie Fisher
Cary Grant
Casimir Funk
Casper Weinberger
Cass Elliot
Cecil B. DeMille
Cesar Milstein
Chaim Grade
Chaim Herzog
Chaim Michael Dov Weissmandl
Chaim Potok
Chaim Rumkowski
Chaim Soutine
Chaim Topol
Chaim Weizmann
Chandra Levy
Chantal Akerman
Charles Babbage
Charles Bernstein
Charles Birger
Charles Bronfman
Charles Denner
Charles Fefferman
Charles Ginsburg
Charles Goren
Charles Grodin
October 20th, 2005 02:56 PM
winter
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
wintah shall always be greeted with a warm handskake and will never be on the outside looking in while I work the room!

Much appreciated, any chance of you making it to the Beantown shows in Jan?

Wintah
October 20th, 2005 03:04 PM
glencar RFD is a great song & it even sounds good in concert. It's gota bit of a rap sound in it so maybe this guy's a tad jealous?

Insult deleted (deserved or not)
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
October 20th, 2005 03:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
winter wrote:

Much appreciated, any chance of you making it to the Beantown shows in Jan?

Wintah

Sadly, i will not be traveling for a few months after the first of the year...gladly, it is due to the impending birth of our second child, currently referred to as the "Unnamed Fetus"
October 20th, 2005 04:06 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, i will not be traveling for a few months after the first of the year...gladly, it is due to the impending birth of our second child, currently referred to as the "Unnamed Fetus"

The player to be named later! We picked out our name already... How i managed to be able to get back to NYC in january is still a mystery. Then again the Anniversiary gift I just got my wife last week really halped!
October 20th, 2005 04:30 PM
Egbert
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Bruce Geller
Bruce Kovner
Bruce Kulick
Bruce Paltrow
Bruce Perens
Bruce Ratner
Bruce Schneier
Bruce Sundlun
Bruce Vilanch
Bruce Wasserstein
Bruno Bettelheim
Bruno Kreisky
Bruno Schulz
Bruno Walter
Bryan Singer
Bryher
Buck Henry
Bud Abbott
Bud Selig
Budd Schulberg
Buddy Hackett
Buddy Myer
Buddy Rich
Budy Hackett
Bugsy Siegel
Burt Bacharach
Burt Balaban
Burton Baskin
Burton Lane
Burton Richter
Byron Janis
C.A.R Hoare
Cal Abrams
Calvin Klein
Cameron Kerry
Camille Dreyfus
Camille Pissarro
Camillo Berneri
Camryn Manheim
Capers Funnye Jr
Caprice Bourret
Carl Bernstein
Carl Djerassi
Carl Icahn
Carl Koller
Carl Laemmle
Carl Laemmle Jr
Carl Levin
Carl Rakosi
Carl Reiner
Carl Sagan
Carly Simon
Carol Gilligan
Carol Harris-Shapiro
Carol Kane
Carol Kaye
Carol Leifer
Carole Bayer Sager
Carole King
Carolyn Drake
Carolyn Jones
Carolyn Leigh
Carolyn Mervis
Carrie Brownstein
Carrie Fisher
Cary Grant
Casimir Funk
Casper Weinberger
Cass Elliot
Cecil B. DeMille
Cesar Milstein
Chaim Grade
Chaim Herzog
Chaim Michael Dov Weissmandl
Chaim Potok
Chaim Rumkowski
Chaim Soutine
Chaim Topol
Chaim Weizmann
Chandra Levy
Chantal Akerman
Charles Babbage
Charles Bernstein
Charles Birger
Charles Bronfman
Charles Denner
Charles Fefferman
Charles Ginsburg
Charles Goren
Charles Grodin

Bruce Leebowitz
October 20th, 2005 04:36 PM
voodoopug Duly noted, many thanks!

Charles Guggenheim
Charles Herbert
Charles Kelman
Charles Krauthammer
Charles Lazarus
Charles Lubin
Charles Revson
Charles Reznikoff
Charles Schumer
Charles Strauss
Charles Strouse
Charles Weissmann
Charles Yanofsky
Charles-Valentin Alkan
Charley Goldman
Charlie Kaufman
Charlie Watts
Charlotte Buresova
Charlotte Rae
Chester Kallman
Chic Hecht
Chico Marx
Chris Barron
Chris Berman
Chris Kattan
Chris Klein
Chris Robinson
Chris Stein
Chris Van Allsburg
Chris Weitz
Christian B. Anfinsen
Christopher Baron
Christopher Columbus
Christopher Guest
Chuck Barris
Chuck Schumer
Cindy Margolis
Cindy Sherman
Claire Bloom
Clarice Lispector
Clark Howard
Claude Cohen-Tannoudji
Claude E. Shannon
Claude Lelouch
Claude Levi-Strauss
Clement Greenberg
Cliff Gorman
Clifford Odets
Clive Davis
Cloris Leachman
Cole Hauser
Connie Chung
Conrad Veidt
Corbin Bernsen
Corey Feldman
Corey Fischer
Corey Haim
Cornel Wilde
Courtney Love
Craig David
Craig Lucas
Cristian Castro
Cristie Kerr
Curly Howard
Curt Sachs
Cy Coleman
Cynthia Nixon
Cynthia Ozick
Cynthia Weil
Cyril M. Kornbluth
Dalia Rabikovich
Dan Abrams
Dan Bern
Dan Bernstein
Dan Bricklin
Dan Clowes
Dan Daniel
Dan Futterman
Dan Glickman
Dan Hedaya
Dan Lilker
Dan Slobin
Dan Stamper
Dana International
Dana Rosenblatt
Dani Levy
Daniel
Daniel Al-Kumisi
Daniel Barenboim
Daniel Bell
Daniel Boorstin
Daniel Clowes
Daniel Cohn-Bendit
Daniel Day-Lewis
Daniel De Leon
Daniel Ellsberg
Daniel Handler
Daniel Harrwitz
October 20th, 2005 04:41 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

The player to be named later! We picked out our name already... How i managed to be able to get back to NYC in january is still a mystery. Then again the Anniversiary gift I just got my wife last week really halped!

Macca tix?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)