ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Jordi !
© Jordi Vidal - ¡Gracias!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12th - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
October 12th, 2005 11:17 PM
time is on my side Mystery song??? It's probably a song that hasn't been played on the tour yet. There's been some speculation it could be Carol.
[Edited by time is on my side]
October 12th, 2005 11:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG It worked. Maggie got me to stay on line until the end!! It's been fun as always my good friends. Thanks LJ.... Until our next Cyber Party.......
October 12th, 2005 11:18 PM
LadyJane Mystery is Paint It Black.....nice.

LJ.
October 12th, 2005 11:21 PM
Martha Thanks so much for posting the set for us Lady Jane. Don't you have to get up early in the morning? Girl, you are a trooper, just like Mick!

:-)

Looking forward to reading the reviews and seeing more great photos.

Love to all,
Martha
October 12th, 2005 11:26 PM
LadyJane No need to thank me......but I do appreciate it.

I'm loving this..........LOVING this.....to think that I could reconnect with MY band in a new and improved way 32 (yikes) years after "finding" them.........it's all about sharing it.........with you guys/gals.

thanks to YOU.

LJ.
October 12th, 2005 11:29 PM
Riffhard Great job again LJ! Thanx to Shidoobee as always! Good show tonight!

Riffy
October 12th, 2005 11:42 PM
Martha LJ my dear sister, I anoint you "Queen" of Rocks Off (can I do that ?)! Hear Hear!

MM
October 12th, 2005 11:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey eXiLe oN 2nD sT please remember that the one who starts these threads must edit the first post with the setlist.
October 13th, 2005 01:20 AM
corgi37 Not a bad set. Hope they rocked the joint down. Was this a arena or stadium gig?

And i just gotta say. What is with Keith? Doesnt he want to do any other songs? Why pick "The Worst" all the time? He must think its really special. I cant stand it. It's a bloody dirge. "You got the Silver" would be amazing!

Either way, obviously, he's gonna do a album of "American Standards" as a solo project. And his mini set is a warm up to that. Yep, i can picture it.
October 13th, 2005 08:29 AM
Steel Wheels Brothers and Sisters:

What a great show last night. I'm still dazed from it.

Some random, unedited thoughts:

To be this close to the Stones was amazing. I was front row for B-stage. I was close enough that Mick threw his water on me. Awesome! Dreams do come true. This was one of my dreams - front row for the ROLLING STONES. It came true last night and it couldn't have been better.

I was able to look into their eyes. That's how close I was. I didn't know if I should scream, dance, sing, or cry.

Brown Sugar, a tune I could do without in favor of a rare tune, sounded spot on. Keef buckled down and played the song. Not one bad note.

Infamy was another standout. Keef ripped off bit fat solos as if the entire tour depended on it.

Back of My Hand - I can now tell my grandkids that I saw the world's greatest blues band laying it down. Keith sat on Charlie's riser before getting up and playing some tasty blues riffs.

These men are children of the blues. Make no mistake!

Keith's daughter was spotted when the bstage moved back. She's cute and hot, and she was dancing around, dancing to her Dad's rock band.

Nice.

October 13th, 2005 08:31 AM
Steel Wheels I also think they jammed on "Wish I Never Met You" during the reprise of Night Time.

October 13th, 2005 10:26 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Hey eXiLe oN 2nD sT please remember that the one who starts these threads must edit the first post with the setlist.

will do from now on... didnt know that, since I won't be going to anymore shows till january... ill do a couple a long the way...
October 13th, 2005 10:29 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT good show last night, I think Monday's setlist was better, not by much though. They played much more crisp then Monday with hardly any mistakes. Bitch was nice to see in he 4 spot, SSC would have blew the roof off on the BStage... thats what I was hoping for! 7 differnt songs from Monday, WHO AIN'T SWITCHING IT UP!
October 13th, 2005 03:53 PM
ResidentMule had an amazing time last night. thought the setlist was great even if kinda boring on paper. definitly looked a lot better than Monday's even though I wasn't at that one, but I really don't like Rain Fall Down
October 13th, 2005 07:06 PM
Saint Sway just judging from the set lists... it looks like Mondays show was the "must see" of the 2 Philly nights
October 13th, 2005 07:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
had an amazing time last night. thought the setlist was great even if kinda boring on paper. definitly looked a lot better than Monday's even though I wasn't at that one, but I really don't like Rain Fall Down

Mule, IYHO, last Fridays Crowes show in Philly or Wed's Stones show?
October 13th, 2005 07:29 PM
Steel Wheels The Wednesday show was superior for a few reasons:

1. Back of my Hand followed by Midnight Rambler
2. Keith's daughter made her self visable
3. Mick poured water on me.

October 13th, 2005 09:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot It all started last week. A guy named Keefer, from over at Gasx3 was giving away 3 tix to the 10/12 Philly show. My pal Pdog tried to get one of them for me.

But check this out....Keno intervened and told the guy to make sure that I did NOT get one of those tickets. He then went on to rip on me, and flat out make stuff up about me. He said I tried to get his site shut down...WTF? How the hell could I get someone's website shut down? It makes no sense. Whatever. I didn't get a ticket, and Pdog felt bad.

So on Tuesday night my Uncle John & I took Pdog to the North Star to see The Reigning Sound and the Detroit Cobras. We had a real good time. When I dropped Pdog at his hotel, we said, "See you in January!"...we didn't know it at the time, but we we're destined to meet again sooner than January.

Fast forward to 3:30pm yesterday. I'm getting some dinner together for when the wife gets home from work. My cell phone rings. I answer.

"Hello..." says me.

"Hey SS! It's me...what are you doing tonight? Do you gotta work?"

"Ummmm, no. I happen to be off tonight."

"Cool. Can you come to Philly? I got a front row ticket for you."

"Wait...what did you just say? You got a what for me?"

"Yeah, a front row ticket."

"Oh geez...yer killin' me. I was just in Philly last night. My wife is gonna have a fit. Look, I gotta call you back. I have my kid here, and my wife isn't home yet. I gotta run this past her first...but as soon as I get to talk to her, I'll call you."

"Cool."

I was right. The wife threw a fit...but she also knew that she had to let me go.

I crammed some food down my neck and flew out the door. Left in such haste that I forgot my punk rock jacket. I coulda used it too...it was cold & rainy. I got to Wachovia Center at about 7:30pm...I woulda been there sooner, but my car doesn't have wings.

My benefactor meet me at the door of the Red Bell Brewery, and in I go. My heart was racing. This was gonna be way better than what I had planned for the evening! LOL!

So I turn the corner into the pub...and there stands Pdog. He gets this huge shit eating grin. Weird how shit works out sometimes. Pdog then tells my benefactor the story about Keno and the free ticket. Again, ain't it funny how shit works out? Instead of sitting in the 200 level...I'm front row. Thanks Keno!!!

I can't do a proper review of the show. I was on sensory overload. There was too much to look at. Mick whizzing by like a dervish...Ronnie walking up and playing some dirty licks right in my face...Keith and Charlie playing off each other...whoa, there goes Mick again! I got to see my boys play Midnight Rambler RIGHT IN MY FACE! It was just too much. It was something like shellshock.

The only bad things about the evening were a guy I had just met got busted for taping. I tried to warn him, but it was too late...he got nabbed. The other thing was that some drunk chicks were crowding my benefactor. Normally, that wouldn't be a bad thing...but they were really obnoxious and getting in the way.

But that was it...everything else was just perfect. I had a great time...I got some stunning pictures. Wait til you see some of these pics...Throbby will be so proud! Gerardo...I just sent you a couple to get started. I sent the big high res images...feel free to resize them.

Oh yeah! How could I forget! I got to hang with the two coolest kids, Throbby & Luxy, again. They are both still stunningly good looking. What a great couple they are. As good as they look on the outside, they are even better on the inside where it counts. I always look forward to seeing them, even if they do make me look fat & ugly in the group pics!

I'm still sorta reeling from the whole deal and how it worked out. I guess I should chalk it up to good karma or something because god knows that I don't deserve to be this fortunate. To my benefactor, I give a heartfelt "Thank you." I've been down in the dumps from losing my Bro...you have no idea how much this helps to lift my spirits. I really appreciate it. It was a night I'll never forget.
October 13th, 2005 09:24 PM
Flairville Hi all! Just got back from Philly, saw both shows they were awesome. On my way back to England tomorrow and I'll do a proper report then. Got my ticket upgraded for free on Monday and had 5th row Keiths side on Wednesday!!
Met some awesome fans, 2 of whom drove me around Philly to save on cabs. More soon....
October 13th, 2005 09:33 PM
Steel Wheels I'm glad so many people enjoyed my home town!
October 13th, 2005 11:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks for the great review Sir!

BTW, hey there people let me tell ya that Sir Stonesalot just sent me some pix to share with you, there's one of Keith that makes Kevin, Fernando and Ethan look like high school students, excelent!

Another is Lisa showing her exquisite ti... errr voice
October 14th, 2005 07:22 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The Wednesday show was superior for a few reasons:

hahahahahahahahahaha, that hadda be great... i might not have took a shower yet if that was me...
October 14th, 2005 07:23 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT ew, nevermind... although the water pipe in my house is crack and have no water pressure till tomorrow... thats no excuse, showers would have been taken!
October 14th, 2005 01:22 PM
poidog I was at this show in Philly - my first ever Stones concert at age 49, go figure - a strange thing happened and I wondered if it's happened before. I was with a group of family and friends in the rafters of the Wachovia Ctr. section 206 row 9, when a older gent wearing what looked like employee ID around his neck showed up with a stack of floor tickets and started handing them out. He almost got mobbed once people figured out what he was doing. Then about 15 minutes later he came back again and I asked him for a pair for me and my wife - these were section 102 row 7 - two sections from the stage and just above the floor - I can't imagine a better view from anywhere! So I asked the guy why he was doing this and he said "Jagger wants all the seats filled down there." He must've handed out nearly 50 tickets, I'm guessing. The guy next to me said "does this make any sense to you? I thought it was sold out?" So I'm wondering if there were expensive seats that didn't sell, or comp tickets that weren't used, or what? I'm not complaining, believe me, it was a stroke of pure luck! But I just wonder if anybody knows what was going on or the same thing happened to anybody else out there at other Stones concerts...
October 14th, 2005 01:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Thanks for the kind words Voodoo.

I got more for ya. Just gotta find the time to get them uploaded...I have dial up...it takes forever.
October 14th, 2005 03:31 PM
Steel Wheels It was awesome! That water came right down on top of me.
October 14th, 2005 06:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Voodoo.

I got more for ya. Just gotta find the time to get them uploaded...I have dial up...it takes forever.

I sent you this very simple instructions (read everyone if you want) to make the weight of the picture very small and maintain the same size and resolution

1.- Open it with "PAINT" available everywhere if you use PC (or similar software)

2.- Add a black point over a black surface (or simply add a point anywhere)

3.- Save it

Now see the size and resolution of the picture is the very same but the "weight" (bytes) is very small

With the current header or the Lisa picture I changed the size from more than 1MB to 158KB!!! and if you open both images in the same windows you wan't see any difference!

BTW, this one the first header on this Saint Stonesalot series

October 14th, 2005 07:06 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The Wednesday show was superior for a few reasons:

me too

being by the b-stage kicked ass. no reason to pay another $300 for better seats than that
October 15th, 2005 09:12 AM
Steel Wheels Mule,

You must have been right next to me!
October 15th, 2005 10:52 AM
Mickfan REPOST
At the risk of repeating myself

Mom on a Mission.

We had excellent seats Section 7 Row 1/First Row B stage.

Before we left the house my daughter wanted to make a sign for Ronnie. She told me she wanted it to say " Ronnie I'm your # 1 fan"

She was on my husbands shoulders and the second stage was in transit towards us. As it was heading Mick took notice of the sign. He started to laugh and was trying to get Ronnies attention. It was either a Isn't that the cutiest thing you ever saw laugh or One mate busting on another, Look thats the best you can do a 8 year old. I don't think Ronnie saw the sign at that time. Mick was trying to still get his attention. But you know it was a topic of conversation later either way.

As the stage approached to the platform it started to lower Ronnie looked up at the sign and smiled. During his performance he kept throwing her kisses and at one point came over leaned down and handed her a pick. It was pretty hard because there was a large gap between her and the stage even though it was first row. About a moment or so later Keith walked over bent accross and handed my son his pick. It was unbelievable. My kids were in heaven.

I would love more than anything, a picture of this moment. So please if anyone has one let me know.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)