ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA - 4th November 2005
© and thanks Fernando Aceves (premier today)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Faces to reform for two shows next year... Return to archive
18th October 2007 03:27 PM
LoveinVainRonnie According to Smiler (Rod's official Fan Club) this was posted Oct.16th 2007:
Faces to reform?

According to reports originating in America, the Faces will be playing live shows in the US and the UK next year...

posted by John Gray

According to reports originating in America, the Faces will be playing live shows in the US and the UK next year, more than three decades since they parted company!

Rod together with Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones, plus a yet to be named bass player, are said to be putting together an itinerary, with an official announcement due in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, release of the group’s four studio albums (First Step, Long Player, A Nod Is As Good As A Wink… To A Blind Horse, and Ooh La La) featuring previously unheard bonus tracks, has been delayed to next year - maybe a sign that they are being held back to coincide with some live shows.

If this is true, it will be a miracle...I take it with a grain of salt, until the day of the show or an official announcement.

[Edited by LoveinVainRonnie]
18th October 2007 03:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LoveinVainRonnie wrote:

Rod together with Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones, plus a yet to be named bass player, are said to be putting together an itinerary, with an official announcement due in the coming weeks.

KILLER FUCKIN NEWS!!!!!!!!

unless the bassist turns out to be Rod's kid
18th October 2007 03:35 PM
Some Guy I feel your pain...
18th October 2007 03:45 PM
steel driving hammer Hit Me Ronnie!!!

He's been out there since he sobered eh?

Time to get up get out!

He should make a record w/ Keith n' Charlie, no Mick.
18th October 2007 04:10 PM
Throwaway Fuck, I'd love to see them tour the US, even if a 2008 tour would mean playin arenas instead of clubs like the good ol' days.
18th October 2007 04:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I feel your pain...

look down and wave to Spud as you soar to the rim
18th October 2007 04:34 PM
Nellcote
When Mac confirms, this will happen.
18th October 2007 04:40 PM
sammy davis jr. It's really too late to make this anything exciting to me....they'll be as bad as.....the Stones.
18th October 2007 04:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
It's really too late to make this anything exciting to me....they'll be as bad as.....the Stones.

true.

but at least its not songs that I've heard live a hundred times
18th October 2007 04:44 PM
mojoman no tetsu? i ain't goin!!!
18th October 2007 04:45 PM
yellerstang I hope they don't go with Darryl Jones and ruin it.
18th October 2007 04:49 PM
mojoman
quote:
yellerstang wrote:
I hope they don't go with Darryl Jones and ruin it.

or micheal anthony.
18th October 2007 04:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:

or micheal anthony.

his hot sauce is selling off the shelves.... they'll be lucky just to pipe in his background vocals
18th October 2007 05:06 PM
BILL PERKS WHOSE GONNA PLAY GUITAR WHILST RONNIE WAVES AND POSES
18th October 2007 05:11 PM
pdog i wish i cared.
18th October 2007 05:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHOSE GONNA PLAY GUITAR WHILST RONNIE WAVES AND POSES

not to worry Perks... just slap a bright yellow jacket on him and pipe in some pre-recorded synths over the PA system and watch all the morons go ape shit over it
18th October 2007 06:47 PM
glencar will it be only 2 shows?
18th October 2007 06:50 PM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
will it be only 2 shows?

I sure the hell hope not glenny, 'cause Pammy's gonna hafta sell her ass to get to one of 'em!

18th October 2007 06:53 PM
guitarman53 Ronnie is staying sober, he's doing really good, get him together with his old drinking band, I got to wonder.
18th October 2007 07:29 PM
Saint Sway gonna be bigger than...

18th October 2007 10:46 PM
guitarman53 What is Rod going to wear? compared to the 70's in the Faces, a David Bowie Suit?? is he going do a Frank Sinatra song too.
[Edited by guitarman53]
18th October 2007 11:14 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
What is Rod going to wear? compared to the 70's in the Faces, a David Bowie Suit?? is he going do a Frank Sinatra song too.
[Edited by guitarman53]

LOL, I don't think he could fit into those tight pants and fitted jackets anymore...As for Sinatra he did record "Everytime we say goodbye" in 1974...So who knows...
He'd prolly wear this:

Or this :

No ok, he'd prolly wear this:

19th October 2007 12:29 AM
mojoman
quote:
LoveinVainRonnie wrote:

LOL, I don't think he could fit into those tight pants and fitted jackets anymore...As for Sinatra he did record "Everytime we say goodbye" in 1974...So who knows...
He'd prolly wear this:

Or this :

No ok, he'd prolly wear this:

roth is jealous
19th October 2007 02:15 AM
muncy23
quote:
yellerstang wrote:
I hope they don't go with Darryl Jones and ruin it.

What in the sam fuck is that supposed to mean? You are ignorant fella!!
19th October 2007 03:39 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

KILLER FUCKIN NEWS!!!!!!!!

unless the bassist turns out to be Rod's kid

I want to play with them, where can I send my request??
19th October 2007 04:10 AM
guitarman53
quote:
mojoman wrote:

roth is jealous

If he wears that, every Scottish clan will be in shame.
19th October 2007 07:17 AM
Jeep According to a french Rod Stewart message board (quoting Rod interview in a german newspaper), The Faces US Tour is scheduled to begin next january.

On the same message board, Bill Wyman is rumoured to hold the bass during this tour (USA, then UK, Netherlands, Germany and Belgium sometimes in 2008).
19th October 2007 07:35 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jeep wrote:
According to a french Rod Stewart message board (quoting Rod interview in a german newspaper), The Faces US Tour is scheduled to begin next january.

On the same message board, Bill Wyman is rumoured to hold the bass during this tour (USA, then UK, Netherlands, Germany and Belgium sometimes in 2008).

fucking best rumour of the year Jeep!!
19th October 2007 09:37 AM
gimmekeef Ronnie on tour Jan till March...then re-group in April with Stones?.....hmmmmmmm...developing...Wyman on bass would kick ass...hope it happens...buttttttttt.....???...Rod/Ronnie rumors always seem to be just that..rumors
19th October 2007 10:25 AM
mojoman
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

If he wears that, every Scottish clan will be in shame.

if roth wore that braveheart would chop his head off onstage
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)