ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA - 4th November 2005
© and thanks Fernando Aceves (premier today)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CLAPTON BEGGED JAGGER TO LEAVE HIS GIRL ALONE Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th October 2007 08:35 AM
moy CLAPTON BEGGED JAGGER TO LEAVE HIS GIRL ALONE

ERIC CLAPTON begged MICK JAGGER not to seduce his Italian model girlfriend in the late 1980s - because he knew the beauty wouldn't be able to resist the ROLLING STONE's charms.

Clapton makes the revelation in his new book Eric Clapton: The Autobiography, referring to his lost ex simply as Carla. He recalls how he took his girlfriend to see the Stones in concert and then introduced her to the band backstage.

Upon seeing the then-21-year-old model's reaction when Jagger entered the room, Clapton approached his friend and said, "Please Mick, not this one. I think I'm in love." Jagger obviously took no notice of the guitar great's pleas as he later went on to date Carla Bruni - the object of Clapton's affections. The guitarist adds, "I knew Carla would appeal to his eye. For all my pleadings, it was only a matter of days before they started a clandestine affair.

"After Carla had stood me up a couple of times, I got a call from the girl who had introduced us, telling me Carla was seeing Mick and it was serious. "The obsession gripped me for the rest of that year, and took some grisly turns when I found myself guesting with the Stones on a couple of shows, knowing she was lurking in the background." In the new book, the guitarist reveals that wasn't the first time he and Jagger were love rivals: "In the past he had made several unsuccessful passes at (my former wife) Pattie (Boyd)."

11/10/2007 01:36

11th October 2007 08:37 AM
FotiniD
quote:
moy wrote:
"In the past he had made several unsuccessful passes at (my former wife) Pattie (Boyd)."

Well, for Pattie Boyd at least, he should have known what a bitch karma is! What goes around, comes around.
11th October 2007 09:28 AM
Mel Belli Here's more from the book:

"The deception involved in her affair with Jagger drove a deep wedge between me and him, and for a while I found it hard to think of him without malice. Later on, of course, I quietly felt both gratitude and compassion toward him, first for delivering me from certain doom, and second for apparently suffering such prolonged agony in her service."

Funny!
11th October 2007 11:07 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
moy wrote:
In the new book, the guitarist reveals that wasn't the first time he and Jagger were love rivals: "In the past he had made several unsuccessful passes at (my former wife) Pattie (Boyd)."

meanwhile Woody shagged her.
11th October 2007 12:36 PM
glencar Seriously? Woody & Patti?
11th October 2007 12:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Seriously? Woody & Patti?

yup! its in his new book.
11th October 2007 12:44 PM
glencar His new book is already out?
11th October 2007 12:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
His new book is already out?

not till the end of the month
11th October 2007 01:11 PM
the good What a prick Mick is.
11th October 2007 01:12 PM
gypsy It's also in Pattie's book, Wonderful Tonight, which I just finished reading a couple of weeks ago.
She says, like Keith is always saying, that Woody sure knows how to cheer a person up.

Anyways, Clapton shouldn't have been so angry at Mick. As I recall, George Harrison was pretty damn cool toward Clapton, considering how Clapton blatantly pursued Pattie whilst she was married to George.
[Edited by gypsy]
11th October 2007 01:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gypsy wrote:
She says, like Keith is always saying, that Woody sure knows how to cheer a person up.

pdog is the Ron Wood of this board
11th October 2007 02:02 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

pdog is the Ron Wood of this board

You're the Chuck Leavell of this board. Only without the talent.
11th October 2007 02:09 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Its been serialised in UK's Mail newspaper. I wouldn't normally be interested in his stuff but it is good stuff so far!
11th October 2007 02:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
What goes around, comes around.

Yep, I've met alot of ladies like that.
11th October 2007 02:29 PM
oldkr wow seems eric was just a door way to hotter men- poor eric. He is the kent smith of rock n roll womanizing.

OLDKR
11th October 2007 02:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Thats Ok. I can live with that Courtney.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
11th October 2007 06:07 PM
rocker i dont like clapton's music that much, but that's pretty shitty
11th October 2007 06:10 PM
Joey " ...i dont like clapton's music that much "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11th October 2007 06:11 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Gyps .

You are on FIRE !!!!!

Hell , That is Brazen Head Postin'

Top Notch !!! ... TOP NOTCH !!!!!

'kins.
11th October 2007 06:23 PM
mojoman
quote:
rocker wrote:
i dont like clapton's music that much, but that's pretty shitty

i'm leaving the board.........
11th October 2007 06:24 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

i'm leaving the board.........

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11th October 2007 07:24 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

not till the end of the month

It came out this week, I believe.
11th October 2007 10:54 PM
the good
quote:
gypsy wrote:
It's also in Pattie's book, Wonderful Tonight, which I just finished reading a couple of weeks ago.

Anyways, Clapton shouldn't have been so angry at Mick. As I recall, George Harrison was pretty damn cool toward Clapton, considering how Clapton blatantly pursued Pattie whilst she was married to George.
[Edited by gypsy]

good point.
11th October 2007 11:36 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
gypsy wrote:

THAT'S POSTIN, BABY!
12th October 2007 09:46 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THAT'S POSTIN, BABY!

Damn Straight !!!!

You Go Perks !!!!
12th October 2007 01:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

It came out this week, I believe.

Yeah. saw it in the shops here yesterday
12th October 2007 01:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THAT'S POSTIN, BABY!

Perks..........................!!!!!!!
17th October 2007 08:31 PM
gorda Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Introducing Micky to a model is like . . . taking gorda to a buffet restaurant!

Sad but true!
18th October 2007 10:29 AM
Bruno LOL
19th October 2007 10:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >"Please Mick, not this one. I think I'm in love." <

That's like waving red in front of a bull.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)