ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA - 4th November 2005
© and thanks Fernando Aceves (premier today)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rugby world cup " France will WIN !!!" Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th October 2007 06:20 PM
riffkeither Goodbye "old Blacks"
France will win the word's rugby cup!! soon
6th October 2007 06:44 PM
fireontheplatter please fill me in.....who is in the finals....semi finals?
6th October 2007 07:11 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
please fill me in.....who is in the finals....semi finals?

England /France in semi final, tomorow Fidji/ South Africa and Argentina/ Scotland
6th October 2007 09:37 PM
Hannalee Neither New Zealand of Australia making the semi-finals... who'd have thunk it. I'm rooting for an England v Scotland final....
Or Fiji...
7th October 2007 10:12 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

England /France in semi final, tomorow Fidji/ South Africa and Argentina/ Scotland

go england go
7th October 2007 02:43 PM
fireontheplatter who won todays games?
7th October 2007 04:00 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
who won todays games?

South Africa. Argentina/Scotland are still playing.
7th October 2007 04:07 PM
MrPleasant In México we don't even know what rugby is. We're too busy building ladders for the upcoming Tijuana Wall.
7th October 2007 06:35 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
who won todays games?

South Africa. Argentina.
7th October 2007 06:47 PM
no night together So there are a few oval people here right? I am a player and commentator for the italian and swiss tv. nice to see that rugby and stones go together in this board like in my life.

in this interview I said I will give up playin the day keith stops rocking. quite far I guess.

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/mc_vid46703.shtml

I think boks, france and pumas are very close. gotta see who they field before tryin a prediction. I'd say france.
8th October 2007 06:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
no night together wrote:
So there are a few oval people here right? I am a player and commentator for the italian and swiss tv. nice to see that rugby and stones go together in this board like in my life.

in this interview I said I will give up playin the day keith stops rocking. quite far I guess.

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/mc_vid46703.shtml

I think boks, france and pumas are very close. gotta see who they field before tryin a prediction. I'd say france.

Hi Luca

France got a chance against our best ennemies, Pumas IMHO are the most dangerous team as they can beat everybody and got the best fighting spirit of the tournament.
I live in Montpellier where several first round games were played
8th October 2007 02:21 PM
no night together I agree Jumac, but what makes the difference in favour of southafrica is that they suffer less eventual injuries, they're more interchangeable and basic. pumas are rageous for not being in the six or 3 nations besides being technically very skilled and able to play a plan b or c or f.
don't write off england, a spectator of mine said that france is more jaggerish and poms are more keithish. . where you're from?
8th October 2007 05:38 PM
glencar I thought Ireland was a powerhouse in that sport?
9th October 2007 05:17 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought Ireland was a powerhouse in that sport?

No glencar Irelands best sport is "Synchronized Drinking"..
9th October 2007 06:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought Ireland was a powerhouse in that sport?

Until recently one of the better European teams, but a side thats past its best.
9th October 2007 08:00 PM
no night together Many pundits gave ireland as a favourite for the world cup but I wasn't of that idea, they got a powerful lineout and brilliant backs like o'driscoll, d'arcy and trimble, but (sorry gazza, I remember youre quite irish) their gameplan is quite predictable.
Rugby, Rock, rebellion.
Luca
13th October 2007 06:50 PM
Sir Jack Regan
quote:
riffkeither wrote:
Goodbye "old Blacks"

Jonny Wilkinson. 40 metre drop goal. 'Nuff said!

Commiserations riffkeither

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/7041317.stm
13th October 2007 07:17 PM
no night together yes, great pice of kick art, nut let's not forget the platform and the work of the old beefs in the forwards. great old stled and tactical rugby. based on riff and drums, no arrangements, no sythesisers.
14th October 2007 05:02 AM
egon "" rugby world cup " France will WIN !!! ""

I think we need a new plan...
14th October 2007 05:56 AM
stewed & Keefed Ashton targets historic final win

Ashton said the defeat to South Africa helped England
England coach Brian Ashton insists his side will not be content at reaching the World Cup final and will set their sights on creating history.
England beat France 14-9 in Saturday's semi-final and now have the chance to become the first country to win back-to-back World Cups.

"The players have come so far on a very difficult journey," said Ashton.

"I can't imagine they will be satisfied with reaching the final. They will want to create history."

England's achievement comes after being beaten 36-0 in the group stages by South Africa.

And Ashton cited that game as the turning point of his team's fortunes.

"The South Africa game came at right time because it gave us a massive kick up the backside and a wake-up call to make sure we got our act together," added Ashton.

"In many ways, that was the defining moment of the tournament for me."

Ashton cited the experience within the England camp as crucial to their success so far and hinted that their exploits had come as a bit of a surprise.

"We've got the players who know how to win a game," he said. "We have got the armoury within the side to get us in positions where we know we can win it.

"I think that was the big advantage we had over the French team."

"I'd be a liar If you'd have asked me that question five weeks ago - are you going to get to the World Cup final - I would have had to think deep and hard before I said yes.

I would definitely keep the same team (for the final)

"But then again hindsight is a wonderful thing. You pick a squad to do a job and this squad was specifically selected to defend the World Cup and that is exactly what they are doing.

"Now that they are in the position they are in it wouldn't surprise me if they completed the job."

Sir Clive Woodward was coach when England beat Australia to win the tournament four years ago and echoed Ashton's view about the experience being the key to their success this time around.

"When you are playing under pressure you want experience," he told 5Live's Sportsweek.

"That's what England have got and is one of the big secrets of this World Cup so far.

"I would definitely keep the same team (for the final). You have got a real momentum going now and whoever they play will be very worried about the England team."

14th October 2007 06:53 AM
Col Rugbys a game for people who can't play football.
14th October 2007 07:40 AM
dirtyden riffkeither you are a lousy tipster !!!! cmon the brits
14th October 2007 09:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
riffkeither wrote:
Goodbye "old Blacks"

2011?
14th October 2007 11:44 AM
albert England was the better team yesterday!!

gr,
Albert
Holland
14th October 2007 04:43 PM
riffkeither Thanks to your all comments
England is really a good team and i enjoy see them playing,
Great Team & Players!!

"Times wait for no one "
14th October 2007 05:18 PM
Back Street Girl The Final
England v South Africa
14th October 2007 05:34 PM
no night together I shouldn't talk, as a commentator I should be neutral, as an italian that plays for hungary I shouldn't have further preferences, but: may england win, may the land of stones, beatles, sherlock holmes, sex pistols and iron win. Through I am deeply afraid South Africa in much stronger.
Luca
14th October 2007 05:52 PM
Back Street Girl Do not worry,England will win
15th October 2007 03:53 AM
albert Forget it! De Springboks will win........

gr,
Albert
Holland
15th October 2007 08:29 AM
Jumacfly France did an awful game saturday night against a very solid English team. Guys were tired and shitted in their pants.

For the final, a predict a boring game between the strongest teams of the tournament.
Argentina was the surprise of the cup, they deserve the 3 th row and will probably crunch one more time the French B team.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)