ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boulogne Billancourt during the recording of Emotional Rescue - summer 1979
Merci Le Club des Stones et tous nos bons amis en France!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lenny Kravitz Wanted To Get Mick Jagger Rocking On New Track Return to archive
10-16-01 02:10 AM
Jaxx Lenny Kravitz Wanted To Get Mick Jagger Rocking On New Track

(10/15/01, 5 p.m. ET) -- Fans have been getting their first taste of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger's upcoming solo album recently via "God Gave Me Everything," a track he co-wrote and performs with Lenny Kravitz. Kravitz, who also collaborated on Jagger's 1993 effort Wandering Spirit, tells LAUNCH that his idea was to give Jagger a chance to rock out on the album.

"It's a rockin' tune, and I wanted to hear him really upbeat again," Kravitz says. "It was great working with him--he's a genius. We work together well. It keeps me on my toes, 'cause it's, like, 'Hey, it's Mick Jagger.' I don't want to give him any crap, you know what I mean?"

In addition to Kravitz, Jagger's Goddess In The Doorway album features contributions from U2 singer Bono, the Who's Pete Townshend, Aerosmith's Joe Perry, Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas, and Wyclef Jean.

Jagger will perform at this weekend's benefit concerts--the Paul McCartney-led Concert For New York City at Madison Square Garden, which will air on VH1.

10-16-01 10:16 AM
Robert Schneeweiss I've yet to hear the recent Jagger/Kravitz collaboration GGME, but if the tune is half as good as the latest Kravitz single, it should be smooth.
10-17-01 07:37 PM
Bob Tamp I don't think Mick really needs Lenny to help him "rock out"
As Mr Riffhard once said " there is sometimes more to the roll than the rock" Get it Lenny

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.