ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boulogne Billancourt during the recording of Emotional Rescue - summer 1979
Merci Le Club des Stones et tous nos bons amis en France!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aluminum Poo Return to archive
10-12-01 12:33 PM
quackenbush I love the Rolling Stones. But let's face it, a number
of their official releases are not worth the aluminum they
are pressed on: Jamming with Edward, Still Life and Undercover. These discs should be deleted and replaced with
work that is worthy of the Rolling Stones' fans esteem. Vaults, filled with decades of studio noodlelings and concert recordings just waiting to be released, are bursting at the seams.

Whenever I visit IORR, I salivate over scads of officially unreleased material that the Stones overlooked. The
Glimmer Twins should look into putting out some of the
unreleased stuff between the official studio releases. They
can make it happen.

Here are two song requests:

Highway Childe
Hamburger to Go (Listed under a few different titles)
10-12-01 12:45 PM
The Eggman Jamming With Edward happens to be one of personal favs of the Stones, it goes back to their roots once again

As for bootlegs, give em 10 years and you'll get shitloads of them
i can wait
10-12-01 01:30 PM
quackenbush No, Jamming with Edward is Poo. The Rolling Stones personal
preferences notwithstanding.

Besides, who wants a RS record on which Keith does not appear?
10-12-01 02:30 PM
Mikey Oh, Jamming with Edward is "poo"? I happen to love it as well, but I didn't know how wrong I was. Thank you so much for bringing us into the light. Please let us know about any other opinions that we fans have that are "poo", quickly! Applying your logic, the original studio version of "Saint of Me" must be "poo" as well, for Keith does not perform on that particular track. Damn, I love that song too!
10-12-01 02:43 PM
quackenbush Saint of Me is excellent, as is the album its on. Unlike
Jamming with Edward, Keith plays on much of the album.

If you want to subject yourself to the extreme torture that
is Jamming with Edward, be my guest.
10-12-01 03:42 PM
Gazza Jamming with Edward ISNT a "Stones" album and wasnt released or advertised as such...when it was released,it was issued at a budget price to draw attention to the fact that it wasnt a bonafide Stones release but a jam session. The fact that its on Rolling Stones Records doesnt make it a Rolling Stones album

It was meant to be a Stones recording session,but Keith didnt turn up (partly due to some animosity between himself and Ry Cooder)
10-13-01 01:23 AM
The Eggman Or Keith was just fucked outta his head

Jamming with Ed was a great mirrow image of the Stones,

Sorry i love Keith , but i woulda taken THE GREATEST SLIDE GUITAR PLAYER (Ry Cooder) over Keith anyday

he did such good soundtracks like the movie JOHNNY HANDSOME (GOOD MOVIE)
10-13-01 01:24 AM
The Eggman Hey u mentioned HIGHWAY CHILDE (sounds alot like material from JAMMING WITH EDWARD)
10-15-01 07:41 AM
robbluedog 'Jamming with Edward' has some really good touches. I think it's fun. I bought it in about '75 for the original going price which was a budget $3.99. It was never advertised as a Stones record and was clearly a release of outtakes.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.