ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boulogne Billancourt during the recording of Emotional Rescue - summer 1979
Merci Le Club des Stones et tous nos bons amis en France!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "From the Other Side of the Glass" exhibit by Eddie Kramer - Oct 4 - Rolling Stones pix inside Return to archive
10-01-01 10:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl �From the Other Side of the Glass� is a collection of rarely seen photographs taken by the legendary producer Eddie Kramer. Kramer produced and engineered for some of the biggest names in music history. The Museum will exhibit nearly fifty of Kramer�s photographs that capture such artists as the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Santana and Jimi Hendrix.

"From the Other Side of the Glass" exhibit opening
The exhibit�s opening party will feature entertainment from Jim Fox and Dale Peters of the James Gang, Kenny Olson and Jimmy Bones from Kid Rock, Huck Johns and Michael Stanley. These musicians will play a selection of songs from the recordings that Kramer produced and engineered, such as music from Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones and Traffic.
Price: $10, FREE, reserve space by 9/28 by calling 888.588.ROCK ext. 3(members)
6:00 p.m.

10-06-01 07:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
Great shots!

Click the image for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-06-01 08:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Olympic Studios, London, 1967

10-06-01 08:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Jimi Hendrix Hanging Out With The Rolling Stones, Madison Square Garden 1969

On the occasion of Jimi's birthday he visited the Stones at their Madison Square Garden concert. He kindly asked me to tag along. That's Charlie Watts on the right.

Mick Taylor, Jimi Hendrix, Mick Jagger and Ian Stewart

Keith Richards rehearsing on a National Steel Dobro backstage at Madison Square Garden, NYC, 1969

10-06-01 09:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Jimmy Miller

Eddie Kramer

10-07-01 01:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A better version of two of the above

10-07-01 03:13 PM
Robert Schneeweiss Incredible photos.

10-07-01 04:15 PM
Miss U. Thx, Voodoo; those are really fantastic photos, love the ones of Jimi too ; I wonder what they talked about backstage!
10-07-01 09:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That day was Jimi Hendrix' birthday, in fact his last one. He was backstage before and after the concert. During this day, some incidents influenced the lyrics of two great songs

Mick Jagger was the inspiration to the Jimi Hendrix song Dolly Dagger. It has a line in the song that says "She drinks her blood from a jagged edge."

Durring Jimi's birthday party on November 27, 1969, Mick accidentally pricked his finger. When he asked for a bandaid, Devon Wilson (Jimi's girl) rushed to him and told him that wouldn't be necessary. In full view of Jimi, she sucked the blood from his finger.

Also recently, Shaun sent us this: "On the Jimi Hendrix section of your site. You should mention that Jimi sort of "stole" Devon, Mick's girlfriend away. The song Dolly Dagger says, "She drinks the blood from a jagged edge, better watch out baby, here comes your master" And refers to her during the lead saying, "Come on Devon and gimme some of that heaven." If ya dig deep enough, you'll see that Jagger dug Devon."

And talking about Jimi and the Stones, he also pointed this, of course it is back in 1967-1968 "Now from the Stone's "You can't always get what you want", he refers to Jimi: "I went down to the Chelsea drugstore To get your prescription filled I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy And man, did he look pretty ill We decided that we would have a soda My favorite flavor, cherry red I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy And he said one word to me, and that was "dead" I said to him {Refrain} But if you try sometimes, you just might find... You get what you need I saw her today at the reception In her glass was a bleeding man She was practiced at the art of deception Well I could tell by her bloodstained hands" This was his personal shot back at Hendrix."

For more about Jimi Hendrix and The Rolling Stones, visit our site dedicated to Jimi, some additional notes as well as some photos including the above and some color pix of Keith and Jimi will be there soon, so click the image and enjoy!

10-08-01 12:45 PM
Robert Schneeweiss That's pretty wild VoodooCIW. I didn't know that the Stones and Hendrix knew each other so well (my favourite all-time band and guitarist respectively).

Rob

P.S. It's no surprise Mick Taylor played so well on Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out, particularly that Love in Vain solo. He obviously had someone in the crowd worth impressing.
10-08-01 06:01 PM
The Eggman The Jimi/Stones tale is still kinda myth though

(100th POST)

ya me

10-08-01 11:32 PM
Robert Schneeweiss Since I first got into the Stones, I never thought much of the tune 'You Can't Always Get What You Want'. But the song sounds sharp with that Hendrix link. "Standing in line with my friend Jimi" - that's a cool person to be hanging with less the drugs.
10-09-01 08:35 AM
robbluedog 'You can't always get what you want' was recorded by the Stones in late 1968. It also features in the 'Rock'n'roll Circus' film, which was shot Dec '68.

So how could it be that the finger/blood sucking event that happened in November '69 influenced a Jagger song written and recorded in 1968?
10-09-01 10:23 AM
Robert Schneeweiss I don't have the issue date on Dolly Dagger, but perhaps it was put out in '69. Obviously the Hendrix referral in YCAGWYW is not a consequence of that particular event.
10-09-01 11:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If you read my original post you will find this "he also pointed this, of course it is back in 1967-1968 " so i'm not talking about the incident in 1969.

Now I'm editing this post and you'll find the legend "edited by" below, and as you can see my post above is not edited as it has not the legend.

What is wrong in my post is that I wrote "During this day, some incidents influenced the lyrics of two great songs", and I admit it, THAT'S MY MISTAKE, that day was only for Dolly Dagger, and for the YCAGWYW lyrics I'm not sure at all, we received that message and I have heard about the lyrics are for Jimi Hendrix but the lyrics text is for "Jimmy" not "Jimi"

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-09-01 06:02 PM
Robert Schneeweiss I've never seen the documented lyrics for the tune, so I wasn't aware that it was Jimmy as opposed to Jimi within YCAGWYW. It's too bad though, as the supposed Hendrix referral changed my mind about the tune in a positive way (I used to skip it when listening to Let it Bleed).
10-19-01 10:06 PM
Tommy Cool photos but too expensive, can't afford them.
10-20-01 03:25 AM
Prodigal Son "Dolly Dagger" may have been written in 1969, but was recorded in 1970. I heard that song just now on my new Hendrix CD. It was his last studio sessions that produced that song in fact.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.