ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whatīs that 81 show in which Keiths tries to kill the invader? Hampton? Return to archive
21st October 2006 12:04 AM
Bruno I just saw in brazilian MTV some seconds of Brown Sugar from that show (I presume itīs the same show for Keithīs clothes), amazing sound, so much better that LSTNT version... is that the famous Hampton show?

Info about date and venue, please. The show was broadcasted?

P.S: "tries to kill" the invader was to call your attention.
21st October 2006 12:12 AM
M.O.W.A.T. This was the Hampton Pay per View which was broadcast on Keith's birthday (Dec. 18/1981 --- before his set, Mick and the band toasted him with drinks --- Keith just drank out of the bottle). Excellent boot exists with the last bit of George Thorogood's set before the stones hit the stage.
21st October 2006 01:18 AM
GotToRollMe Hampton Coliseum
Hampton, Virginia, USA
December 18, 1981

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
21st October 2006 02:55 AM
marko I will seed the cd of it later on,i only have the swingin
pig version.i think VGP`S is a bit more complete.
21st October 2006 10:14 AM
lotsajizz It was an HBO pay-per-view 12/18/81--Keith's birthday--Hampton VA...we had a steak fry amongst a few of us high school seniors who had gone to the Hartford show in November (5 of us) and Mick was dead on when he toasted the TV audience and its activities a few songs into the show!!!
21st October 2006 10:31 AM
Chuck I was right up front; but I couldn't see Keith square off with the guy because of all the balloons!!

21st October 2006 11:48 AM
tumbling dice
Along with Ladies & gents, Hampton was the best concert ever filmed in rock story. I bought it from e-bay.Itīs safe to buy there.AMAZING!!
21st October 2006 01:24 PM
lotsajizz respectfully disagree...an average show from their poorest tour...they were much better in Hartford the month previous, or in New Jersey.....
21st October 2006 02:08 PM
WattsAtScotts This was a great performance, great night all around with George Thorogood opening, a highlight of the 81' tour
21st October 2006 02:44 PM
Bruno
Many thanks to everybody but a last favor: could somebody post the setlist?
21st October 2006 03:02 PM
GotToRollMe 01. Intro
02. Under My Thumb
03. When The Whip Comes Down
04. Let's Spend The Night Together
05. Shattered
06. Neighbours
07. Black Limousine
08. Just My Imagination
09. Twenty Flight Rock
10. Going To A Go-Go
11. Let Me Go
12. Time Is On My Side
13. Beast Of Burden
14. Waiting On A Friend
15. Let It Bleed
16. You Can't Always Get What You Want
17. Happy Birthday, Dear Keith
18. Little T&A
19. Tumbling Dice
20. She's So Cold
21. Hang Fire
21. Miss You
23. Honky Tonk Woman
24. Brown Sugar
25. Start Me Up
26. Jumping Jack Flash
27. Satisfaction

21st October 2006 03:03 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
01. Intro
02. Under My Thumb
03. When The Whip Comes Down
04. Let's Spend The Night Together
05. Shattered
06. Neighbours
07. Black Limousine
08. Just My Imagination
09. Twenty Flight Rock
10. Going To A Go-Go
11. Let Me Go
12. Time Is On My Side
13. Beast Of Burden
14. Waiting On A Friend
15. Let It Bleed
16. You Can't Always Get What You Want
17. Happy Birthday, Dear Keith
18. Little T&A
19. Tumbling Dice
20. She's So Cold
21. Hang Fire
21. Miss You
23. Honky Tonk Woman
24. Brown Sugar
25. Start Me Up
26. Jumping Jack Flash
27. Satisfaction

What would you give, if they played that many songs today!
21st October 2006 03:24 PM
Chuck "respectfully disagree...an average show from their poorest tour...they were much better in Hartford the month previous, or in New Jersey....."

I have to agree with this---I've never understood all the hype surrounding this show.

I thought the playing was sloppy overall; particularly YCAGWYW, which went on FOR-FUCKING-EVER!

I can remember wishing MT would show up so I'd get my money's worth. Little did I know---he DID play at the 2nd KC show a few days prior.
21st October 2006 03:57 PM
lotsajizz good observation Chuck...both KC shows are MUCH better than Hampton

21st October 2006 04:42 PM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"respectfully disagree...an average show from their poorest tour...they were much better in Hartford the month previous, or in New Jersey....."

I have to agree with this---I've never understood all the hype surrounding this show.

Same here. Hampton is an average (at best) performance and I donīt get the 1981 tour hype at all. I wouldnīt say it was their worst tour ever but itīs definitely overrated. Highly overrated. Colossally overrated.
[Edited by TornAndFrayed]
21st October 2006 05:48 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
TornAndFrayed wrote:

Same here. Hampton is an average (at best) performance and I donīt get the 1981 tour hype at all. I wouldnīt say it was their worst tour ever but itīs definitely overrated. Highly overrated. Colossally overrated.
[Edited by TornAndFrayed]

Overrated but fun (clothes, stage,Ronnie) and fuckin rocking tour..raw guitars, great drums/bass work..But if you prefer the Vegas style of 2006 no pb
21st October 2006 06:18 PM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
But if you prefer the Vegas style of 2006 no pb

Hardly... 1981 is still better than the overblown Vegas crap which started in 1989 and hopefully ends after the current tour is finished.
Donīt get me wrong, I like 1981, I just think itīs overrated and disagree with those who hold it up as the greatest tour of all time.
22nd October 2006 08:50 AM
tumbling dice
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"respectfully disagree...an average show from their poorest tour...they were much better in Hartford the month previous, or in New Jersey....."

I thought the playing was sloppy overall; particularly YCAGWYW, which went on FOR-FUCKING-EVER!

I can remember wishing MT would show up so I'd get my money's worth. Little did I know---he DID play at the 2nd KC show a few days prior.

In my humble opinion,it was not their poorest tour.I got Paris and knewborth 76 on DVD and with few exceptions it was bored and the gay dance of Mick and Billy Preston was sad. I will agree with you about 72 or even 69 both were great but 81 was cool and i love the sloppy version of YCAGWYW ,about Hartford i never heard the boot but everybody like it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)