ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joe Perry jams with Chuck Berry in St Louis! Return to archive
20th October 2006 01:07 PM
Dan
http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/751931/pid/10798

Aero Force One
October 19, 2006

Berry Is On Top!

Steven had a dinner date with the great Tennessean Al Gore and his wife Tipper last night and Joe Perry jammed with the great Chuck Berry. I am sure Steven will fill you in on what happened at Casa de Gore and I will let you know what happened at Blueberry Hill’s Duck Room.

KC and ribs go together like salt and pepper, Abbott and Costello, Martin and Lewis and Tyler and Perry. The night before the KC show we went to Joe’s favorite Rib joint in Kansas City called LC’S BBQ. The ribs and burnt ends were out of this world. The next day Joe was still jonesing for more ribs so I had asked our production assistant Ramey to send out to LC’s, The Filling Station, Arthur Bryant’s and Jack Stacks. On the way to the gig we stopped at Oklahoma Joe’s for some snacks for the ride out to Bonner Springs. There were more ribs backstage than at a sleep over at Kate Moss’s house.

The gig was awesome. On the way to the bus after the show there were a bunch of fireworks going off. Not bad either. I found out today that it was Tommy Lee setting off some of his stash.

Getting back to Chuck Berry! We arrived in St. Louis around 9:00pm and Chuck was set to go on around 10:00pm. We hung out with the owner and rock historian Joe Edwards before the show in his restaurant. He then led Joe and Billie down to the Duck Room were Chuck would be playing for 325 of his closet friends. They went back and hung out with Chuck and his son Butch and daughter Ingrid. Chuck was listening to the Cardinals game on a little boom box before he retreated to the bathroom to get dressed for the show. It’s Showtime! Joe gave Chuck a quick pat on the back and wished him good luck and went to his seats in the front row. About 3 songs in Butch called Joe up to jam on a couple of songs “Rock and Roll Music" and "Round and Round." It was a classic moment. Seeing Joe on stage playing with Chuck Berry was priceless.

I was wanting to give a shout out to Joe Edwards for making it a great week. Butch Berry for some kick ass rock and roll and great seats and our bus driver Mark Langley for getting us there.

See You on The Road!

John B.

20th October 2006 01:07 PM
jb embarrassing....
20th October 2006 02:43 PM
rasputin56 Tipper surely would've banned My Dingaling.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)