ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: El Paso "There's a lot of tickets left. It would take me a while to count them" Return to archive
19th October 2006 03:42 PM
Dan http://www.lcsun-news.com/pulse/ci_4513037

Still Rolling: Tickets available for the area's biggest concert
By Jenn Kistler Sun-News reporter
Article Launched:10/19/2006 01:00:00 AM MDT
Click photo to enlargeRolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, left, and guitarist Keith Richards perform during... (AP photo)«1»
Las Crucens excited to see Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones and special guest Dave Matthews Band are going to rock El Paso at 6 p.m. Friday at the Sun Bowl Stadium and many Las Crucens are making the pilgrimage to see one of the world's greatest rock and roll bands.

"I figured it was one of the last opportunities to see The Rolling Stones play live and I also really enjoy the Dave Matthews Band," said Las Crucen Berrett Stratford, 24. "I'm going with two of my good friends and we're all looking forward to it."

The Stones, who last played the Sun Bowl 12 years ago, are expected to perform most of their greatest hits.

"I am excited about hearing a lot of The Rolling Stones' older songs, even songs from the '80s and early '90s," said Megan Hoadley, 23, of Las Cruces.

Many tickets remain on sale and concert goers have until 2 p.m. Friday to purchase tickets.

"There's a lot of tickets left. It would take me a while to count them," an employee at Ticketmaster said Wednesday.

He said The Rolling Stones have been selling out everywhere and he's not sure why there are so many tickets left for Friday's show.

Tickets cost $60, $95 and $160, not including service charges, and are available at all Ticketmaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
outlets. For information, call (915) 544-8444 or visit www.ticketmaster.com.

Stones' Ron Wood puts art on exhibit
Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood is best known for his fingerwork on the guitar, but he's fast becoming as well-known for another talent.

Wood is a professional artist and several of his paintings will be exhibited and sold during a reception today at La Norteña Downtown, 212 W. Overland St., in El Paso.

Ten original silk screen prints by Wood will be for sale. Wood's work consists mostly of paintings he's done of himself with his Stones' bandmates, as well as of other musicians he admires. He's done paintings of Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Elvis Presley.

The price of the art shown in El Paso will range from $2,500 to $7,000.

Entrance will be limited to the first 150 people who reserve a $50 ticket. However, Wood's artwork can be viewed for free from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday.

— The El Paso Times

FYI for concert-goers

No tailgating

The following items are not allowed inside the stadium: alcohol, food and beverages, pets, laser pointers, audio/video recorders, umbrellas, coolers/ice chests, signs/ banners, fireworks, cameras and stadium seats larger than 18" wide. There is also no smoking in the stadium.

Tickets available at the University Ticket Center at Mesa Street and Glory Road.

A parking map of the Sun Bowl Stadium is available at https://parking.utep.edu.

To get to the stadium from Las Cruces: Take Interstate 10 East toward El Paso and exit at Executive Center. Turn right on Mesa Street. Turn right on Sun Bowl Drive or continue on Mesa Street to Schuster Avenue.

Food inside the stadium ranges from $2.50 to $7. Concession stands accept cash only. There are two ATM machines inside the stadium.

If you go
Who: The Rolling Stones and the Dave Matthews Band

When: 6 p.m. Friday

Where: Sun Bowl Stadium in El Paso

How much: $60, $95 and $160, before service charges. Tickets available until 2 p.m. Friday.

Info: (915) 544-8444 or www.ticketmaster.com

19th October 2006 03:46 PM
glencar "I am excited about hearing a lot of The Rolling Stones' older songs, even songs from the '80s and early '90s," said Megan Hoadley, 23, of Las Cruces.

she a fool!
19th October 2006 03:49 PM
Joey " ...she a fool! "

[Edited by Joey]
19th October 2006 04:20 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
"I am excited about hearing a lot of The Rolling Stones' older songs, even songs from the '80s and early '90s," said Megan Hoadley, 23, of Las Cruces.

she a fool!

Good lord.
19th October 2006 04:48 PM
Nellcote _______________________________________
He said The Rolling Stones have been selling out everywhere and he's not sure why there are so many tickets left for Friday's show.

Could it be something that the population demographics in El Paso, not being what other large cities are?

JB, you comments?
19th October 2006 04:51 PM
Some Guy Bomb threats, war, unemployment rates?
19th October 2006 04:58 PM
Nellcote Country has issues, no?
19th October 2006 05:04 PM
glencar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Bomb threats, war, unemployment rates?

4.6% is historically low.
19th October 2006 05:45 PM
Bloozehound they'd probably sell alot more tickets there if they advertised themselves as the El Rolling Stonos
19th October 2006 05:56 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

So is a 16% approval for Congress!
19th October 2006 06:16 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

So is a 16% approval for Congress!

I smell a ' draft ' ......

....and you ?!

Joey Nixon ! ™
19th October 2006 06:18 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:

she a fool!

quite the fool but what the younger casual fan thinks
19th October 2006 06:22 PM
pdog the casual fan has always been what the setlists are about! The surprises to us, are the "what the fucks to them"!
Sad but true!
19th October 2006 06:57 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:

once your time is up (26 weeks), if you have no job you lose benefits and are no longer considered unemployed, nice!
19th October 2006 08:47 PM
Dan
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

once your time is up (26 weeks), if you have no job you lose benefits and are no longer considered unemployed, nice!

And meanwhile, the incarceration rate is at a historic high.
19th October 2006 11:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot No alcohol or smoking in the stadium, and no tailgating.

Yeah, sounds like just what the typical Stones fan is lookin' for.....
20th October 2006 01:21 PM
jb They have not been selling out anywhere.
20th October 2006 01:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

And meanwhile, the incarceration rate is at a historic high.

There are about 8-14% of the population that should also be incarcerated, but sadly, our understaffed/overcrowded prison system is not properly equiped to handle the necessary populations.
20th October 2006 01:47 PM
jb Good luck Pug!!!
20th October 2006 01:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
No alcohol or smoking in the stadium, and no tailgating.

Yeah, sounds like just what the typical Stones fan is lookin' for.....

As long as they don't ban muscle/joint ointments, fiber supplements, stool softeners, and Rogaine......the core fans (aside from us) shall be just fine with this decision. Cigarette smoke interferes with the results of blue hair dye!
20th October 2006 02:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

As long as they don't ban muscle/joint ointments, fiber supplements, stool softeners, and Rogaine......the core fans (aside from us) shall be just fine with this decision. Cigarette smoke interferes with the results of blue hair dye!

Fans are old.
20th October 2006 02:08 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
jb wrote:
They have not been selling out anywhere.

20th October 2006 03:00 PM
rasputin56 Did someone actually say they enjoyed the Dave Matthews Band?
20th October 2006 04:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
"There's a lot of tickets left. It would take me a while to count them," an employee at Ticketmaster said Wednesday.

bring in the tarps!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)