ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stone Magazine Offers Exclusive New Details About GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy Return to archive
18th October 2006 08:20 PM
ebmp http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60519

In the new issue of Rolling Stone (web site) hitting stands this Friday (Oct. 20), writer Brian Hiatt reveals what he's discovered about the long-awaited GUNS N' ROSES album "Chinese Democracy". The article begins with this elusive quote from GN'R manager Merck Mercuriadis, in which he essentially retreads stuff we already know: "The album will come out this year. There are ten Tuesdays left before January — it will come out on one of them."

Following GUNS' headlining gig in San Bernadino, California, on September 23, GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose threw a party at his mansion and played the full album in his poolroom for visitors, including his friend Sebastian Bach, former singer of SKID ROW. "It was mind-blowing," says Bach, who is opening for GUNS N' ROSES on their upcoming North American arena tour. "It's a very cool album — it's badass with killer screams, killer guitar riffs, but it's got a totally modern sound. The word for it is 'grand.' It’s fucking epic. He's reinvented himself yet again."

The album includes some tracks that have been played live or leaked onto the Internet, including the poppy "Better" and the hard-hitting "I.R.S." "There's this one song called 'Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean," says Bach. "I cannot get it out of my head."

Veteran engineer Andy Wallace, who mixed NIRVANA's "Nevermind", is working on the project, according to a source close to the band. "We're absolutely delighted with the mixes," the source told Rolling Stone.

On October 24, the band will kick off its North American tour in Miami. Two dates — November 10 in New York and November 20 in Halifax, Nova Scotia — are already sold out, according to Mercuriadis. Additional U.S. dates will be added in early 2007, and the band will return to the States in the summer as well, he says.

Though a source told Rolling Stone that the album is due November 21, Mercuriadis declined to confirm this. "I don't know that we will announce a release date," he says. "You just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there."
18th October 2006 09:36 PM
Soldatti The joke of the century.
18th October 2006 09:42 PM
mechanimals I'm looking forward to it. Axl is a great frontman. Offstage he may be a moron, but he puts on a good show.
18th October 2006 09:52 PM
pdog Taking a risk and seeing Axl's version of G&R totally changed my perspective. I had contempt, but decided to investigate and realized how ignorant I was...
I'm going to buy this album if it ever comes out, just b/c I need to make ammends for all the shit talking I did about Axl's new G&R.
18th October 2006 09:55 PM
mrhipfl the real question is, will it get released in China?????!!
18th October 2006 10:14 PM
ebmp Despite everything, I love this new incarnation. It will never be the same as the old band, but I just take it for what it is, and it's really good. The new songs are awesome, and this album is gonna be a huge succes. Axl is very talented and has not shown yet everything he's capable of
18th October 2006 10:46 PM
gotdablouse Certainly knows how to write a memorable song, unlike these hangers on Slash, Duff and Izzy who haven't written anything of interest in the 10 albums they released between them since they got canned in 93/94. Gilby's 94 album was pretty good though, but he doesn't really count.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
18th October 2006 10:54 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Certainly knows how to write a memorable song, unlike these hangers on Slash, Duff and Izzy who haven't written anything of interest in the 10 albums they released between them since they got canned in 93/94. Gilby's 94 album was pretty good though, but he doesn't really count.
[Edited by gotdablouse]

All of Izzy's albums have been fine rock releases.
19th October 2006 12:20 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

amen bra
19th October 2006 03:05 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

True!
20th October 2006 12:04 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

AGREED!!!
20th October 2006 07:43 PM
Schleisher Has Izzy put out anything since Like A Dog from a few years ago?
20th October 2006 09:47 PM
mojoman it should be called chinese white
20th October 2006 10:02 PM
pdog You mean china white? like heroin? Cool!
20th October 2006 10:04 PM
lotsajizz i wanna go cop...

20th October 2006 10:05 PM
pdog Somebody called me on the phone, said hey-hey is Pdog homw, you wanna take a walk, you wanna go cop, you wanna go get some chinesse cock?
LOL!
I said cock!
20th October 2006 10:43 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
You mean china white? like heroin? Cool!

dancin with mr brownstone
20th October 2006 10:45 PM
mojoman
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
i wanna go cop...

LOL!!!

chasing the dragon?
20th October 2006 10:46 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:

dancin with mr brownstone

That is about mexican tar heroin, not to be confused with China white or Persian heroin.
20th October 2006 10:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

That is about mexican tar heroin, not to be confused with China white or Persian heroin.

i'm dazed and confused
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)