ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan Delivered Tonight Return to archive
17th October 2006 02:52 AM
pdog What a great show! I'm pretty sure I got a contact high too. Talk about smokey... holy shit!
I went down there hoping to score a cheapy. I bought a ticket for tomorrow nights show, but realized I had plans to see an old friend, so tonight was the night. As luck would have it, I took the ticket with me. I actually found a dude with an extra willing to trade it for Tuesdays show.
Dylan was awesome. It's only my 3rd Dyalan show, and the 1st were he didn't play a guitar.

1. Lenny Bruce
2. Rollin' And Tumblin'
3. Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
4. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
6. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
7. Desolation Row
8. Tangled Up In Blue
9. Highway 61 Revisited
10. When The Deal Goes Down
11. Watching The River Flow
12. Workingman's Blues #2
13. Summer Days

(encore)
14. Thunder On The Mountain
15. Like A Rolling Stone

16. All Along The Watchtower

[Edited by pdog]
17th October 2006 04:45 AM
jostorm Lucky you! And what a fantastic setlist!!! I think I would have come in my pants hearing Workingman's Blues #2, I love that song best from MT....

17th October 2006 04:47 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
pdog wrote:
What a great show! I'm pretty sure I got a contact high too. Talk about smokey... holy shit!
I went down there hoping to score a cheapy. I bought a ticket for tomorrow nights show, but realized I had plans to see an old friend, so tonight was the night. As luck would have it, I took the ticket with me. I actually found a dude with an extra willing to trade it for Tuesdays show.
Dylan was awesome. It's only my 3rd Dyalan show, and the 1st were he didn't play a guitar.

1. Lenny Bruce
2. Rollin' And Tumblin'
3. Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
4. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
6. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
7. Desolation Row
8. Tangled Up In Blue
9. Highway 61 Revisited
10. When The Deal Goes Down
11. Watching The River Flow
12. Workingman's Blues #2
13. Summer Days

(encore)
14. Thunder On The Mountain
15. Like A Rolling Stone

16. All Along The Watchtower

[Edited by pdog]

Yikes, he did Senor? I always found that to be one of the few highlights of the bizarre, Elvis-in-Vegas like Street Legal from '78. And he did Lenny Bruce? One of my picks for worst Dylan song ever (feat. on Shot of Love-1981). However, knowing Bob he likely transformed it into a decent song live. Remember this guy can turn shit into gold. But any of his bad tunes can be salvaged if he tries; Like the 80s disco "When the Night Comes Falling From the Sky" compared to the up-tempo Heartbreakers rocker from the Bootleg Series.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
17th October 2006 07:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Lucky you! And what a fantastic setlist!!! I think I would have come in my pants hearing Workingman's Blues #2, I love that song best from MT....

I'd better make sure I get you a ticket for his shows here next spring, then.....
17th October 2006 07:34 AM
Bitch pdog are you saying Dylan didn't play guitar for the entire show? great setlist btw
17th October 2006 08:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
pdog are you saying Dylan didn't play guitar for the entire show? great setlist btw

apart from a couple of songs at a California show a couple of years back when his keyboard amp wasnt working and he switched to guitar, he has stuck exclusively to keyboards (& harmonica) for about four years now.
17th October 2006 08:40 AM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

Yikes, he did Senor? I always found that to be one of the few highlights of the bizarre, Elvis-in-Vegas like Street Legal from '78. And he did Lenny Bruce? One of my picks for worst Dylan song ever

Street Legal is a wild, wild, gorgeous album. Packed in a strange disguise. It's shattering!
Lenny Bruce is beautiful, though the studio version can't compeat to many of the live versions.
17th October 2006 08:42 AM
jostorm Gazza: yes, that would be lovely!!! I officially declare you my very personal and top-of-the-range "Dylan tickets concierge"!!! (jb can now eat his circumcised heart out!)

PS: I promise to leave the gum at home...
17th October 2006 09:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:

Street Legal is a wild, wild, gorgeous album. Packed in a strange disguise. It's shattering!
Lenny Bruce is beautiful, though the studio version can't compeat to many of the live versions.

all true. You are wise beyond your years, my Viking friend....
17th October 2006 09:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Gazza: yes, that would be lovely!!! I officially declare you my very personal and top-of-the-range "Dylan tickets concierge"!!! (jb can now eat his circumcised heart out!)

PS: I promise to leave the gum at home...

No problem. Bob and his UK promoters are traditionally very good to their fanbase here, in that they give those of us who subscribe to the various unofficial fanzines first shot at tickets. And with none of this £65 sign-up fee bullshit either.
17th October 2006 09:49 AM
Martha He OPENED with Lenny Bruce???????? Oh gawd.....I'm crazed.....ANYTHING can happen now!

Counting down to the 24th and 25th.......I'm gettin' a contact high just thinkin' about this.

pdog, thanks for the review. Sorry you can't make it for tonight's show though.

I'm all squiggly again.

;-)
17th October 2006 10:42 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
He OPENED with Lenny Bruce???????? Oh gawd.....I'm crazed.....ANYTHING can happen now!

Counting down to the 24th and 25th.......I'm gettin' a contact high just thinkin' about this.

pdog, thanks for the review. Sorry you can't make it for tonight's show though.

I'm all squiggly again.

;-)

I think he's opened with Lenny before. Don't recall exactly. Sir Galbraith can probably verify before my research concludes...
17th October 2006 10:49 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I think he's opened with Lenny before. Don't recall exactly. Sir Galbraith can probably verify before my research concludes...

...ok, maybe I'm wrong. Performed in August, twice in 2005 and once in 2000 but didn't open with it.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
17th October 2006 10:51 AM
PartyDoll MEG Pdog..

What a great setlist...Hope you enjoyed.
17th October 2006 11:25 AM
Lazy Bones 17 days and counting for my first show...
17th October 2006 11:26 AM
Factory Girl Can someone, anyone hook me up with Street Legal? I'll be eternally grateful.

Please PM me.
17th October 2006 11:30 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Can someone, anyone hook me up with Street Legal? I'll be eternally grateful.

Please PM me.

My only copy (still) is vinyl. I would, however, recommend you buy it. You will not be disappointed.
17th October 2006 11:36 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

My only copy (still) is vinyl. I would, however, recommend you buy it. You will not be disappointed.

I know I'll love it.

$$$ is "Too tight" now, hence the groveling.
17th October 2006 11:37 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
17 days and counting for my first show...

Got ya beat by one day Mr. Bones!!!
17th October 2006 11:38 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

I know I'll love it.

$$$ is "Too tight" now, hence the groveling.

I know where you're coming from. A test drive is usually 'desirable'. At my pace, you'll probably have a cd copy sooner than me.
17th October 2006 11:43 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

At my pace, you'll probably have a cd copy sooner than me.

Once I'm situated, I'll take care of you my friend.

Please PM your addy.
17th October 2006 11:48 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Got ya beat by one day Mr. Bones!!!

LOL. Detroit, eh?!

...my 2nd second show is in 21 days...
17th October 2006 12:12 PM
Saint Sway I love that Dylan is so confident in his new and more recent material that he would close the set with Workingman's Blues and Summer Days and then encore with Thunder On The Mountain!!

it certainly helps that his band is so great that they can take those songs and work them up and give them a closer type feel. They've basically gone and made Summer Days their triumphant JJF-style closer. They're so cool!
17th October 2006 12:19 PM
GotToRollMe Awesome setlist! Glad you got a great show, Pdog! I'm really looking forward to seeing him at the Meadowlands Arena on November 16th.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
17th October 2006 02:06 PM
the soul survivor How was Bob's voice?

The Soul Survivor
17th October 2006 03:41 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Still I am shocked. It's a good shocked though!

Lazy, I'm diggin' on all your pictures today.

:-)
17th October 2006 03:43 PM
Martha
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I love that Dylan is so confident in his new and more recent material that he would close the set with Workingman's Blues and Summer Days and then encore with Thunder On The Mountain!!

it certainly helps that his band is so great that they can take those songs and work them up and give them a closer type feel. They've basically gone and made Summer Days their triumphant JJF-style closer. They're so cool!

Have I told you lately that I love you! :-)

Now that's postin'!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)