ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Songs composed by Jagger-Richards WITH others in a Non-Stones record Return to archive
16th October 2006 07:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is “High Roller” the only song composed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and others that appears in a non-stones record?

For those who are not familiar with this, “High Roller” was composed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Leslie West, Corky Laing and Sandra Palmer and appears in Leslie’s “The Great Fatsby”

Are there more?
16th October 2006 09:35 AM
souldoggie The 1964 single that I have by Bobby Jameson on London Records (USA) "All I Want Is My Baby" is credited to Oldham/Richards. The B-side is "Each And Every Day Of The Year" Jagger/Richard.
16th October 2006 09:54 AM
Mel Belli The Gene Pitney song ... "That Girl Belongs to Yesterday"?
16th October 2006 10:02 AM
Tom
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
The Gene Pitney song ... "That Girl Belongs to Yesterday"?

From songfacts.com

Gene Pitney, who was already an international star, got to know The Rolling Stones through their manager Andrew Loog Oldham. Meanwhile, The Rolling Stones had only just started their recording career and so far had only released covers of R&B & Blues numbers. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards had barely begun writing at all, but when Pitney heard one of their earliest efforts, "My Only Girl," which had been recorded (though not released) by the English folk/rock artist George Bean, he decided to cover it. Pitney changed the title to "That Girl Belongs To Yesterday" and made it the first ever Jagger/Richards song to enter the US Hot 100 and the first ever commercial UK hit for a Jagger/Richards composition. It was also the first time an American artist had covered a Jagger/Richards song. (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England)

16th October 2006 10:37 AM
Saint Sway What about on that John Phillips album?

and wasnt there 1 or 2 on Ronnie's 1st record.... wasnt "Act Together" credited to Jagger/Richards?
16th October 2006 11:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl "That Girl Belongs to Yesterday", "Each And Every Day Of The Year", "Act Together",and "Sure the One you need" are all Jagger-Richards compositions and Zullu Warrior is a Jagger-Phillips composition. "Each And Every Day Of The Year" also appears on "Metamorphosis".

Probably I was not clear enough, I meant since the thread title and the body message songs COMPOSED by Jagger, Richards with OTHERS that are not in Stones albums (i.e. Jagger, Richards, Wood or Jagger, Richards, Taylor, or Nanker Phelge, are all composed by Jagger-Richards with others but are in Stones albums)
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
16th October 2006 11:28 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, "Sister Morphine" does not count even that is a Jagger-Richards-Faithfull song but appears in a stones record and of course "As tears Go" does not fit either
16th October 2006 12:02 PM
Some Guy Ian Billen?
16th October 2006 12:27 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Probably I was not clear enough, I meant since the thread title and the body message songs COMPOSED by Jagger, Richards with OTHERS that are not in Stones albums (i.e. Jagger, Richards, Wood or Jagger, Richards, Taylor, or Nanker Phelge, are all composed by Jagger-Richards with others but are in Stones albums)

Gotcha. Sorry for the misreading. ...
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
16th October 2006 03:49 PM
Soldatti Lonely At The Top...
16th October 2006 04:30 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Lonely At The Top...

Doesn't meet Voodoo's "Jagger/Richards/and Others" criterion.
16th October 2006 04:31 PM
Saint Sway "Sister Luck"
16th October 2006 05:30 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"Sister Luck"

archaic reference lost on younger posters.
16th October 2006 05:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Doesn't meet Voodoo's "Jagger/Richards/and Others" criterion.

Exactly Soldatti, this is only another Jagger-Richards recording, no additional author, so it does not fit my criteria.

I'm asking because this Thursday I'm gonna make a Mountain Special on the radio (and webradio) I'm going to include "High Roller" and want to say during the broadcast that this is the only song that fits the above "specification" But don't wanna say something I’m not 100% sure, I'm reviewing sources like Rock Record, All Music, Nico Zentgraf’s books and website and at this moment I think that's the only one in this category

So if you have not heard this song stay tuned this Thursday and will be in your computer wherever you live.

Probably I will include one of the covers Mountain used to do of the Stones like Satisfaction, Play with Fire, Honky Tonk Women or Paint it Black as a background music in the second part of the program.
16th October 2006 06:00 PM
Saint Sway Voodoo, I fear that some of your very stoned listeners might have a hard time following along with this

just sayin...
16th October 2006 06:13 PM
nanatod
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I'm asking because this Thursday I'm gonna make a Mountain Special on the radio (and webradio)

Will you include non-Jagger/Richards tunes from Mountain's catalog like "Theme from an Imaginary Western?"

It's one of my favorites, and when I saw West (nee Weinstein) and Mountain in a Schaumburg, IL bar a couple of years ago, Leslie indicated before playing it that it was one of his favorites.
16th October 2006 06:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Of course!! That's a Jack Bruce - Pete Brown composition and one of the best songs by Mountain, it will be the second song
16th October 2006 07:51 PM
MrPleasant Does Chris Rock's "White Bitches" count?

WHITE BITCHES!! How come you look so good?
WHITE BITCHES!! Do shit no sister would!
16th October 2006 08:08 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Voodoo, I fear that some of your very stoned listeners might have a hard time following along with this

just sayin...

I didn't get it until I got stoned.
16th October 2006 09:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I just asked the very same question at the Spanish Message Board http://rocksoff.org/foro and got an answer from Cucho Peñaloza: Bitter Sweet Symphony which almost fits with my question but not, as on one hand it's credited to Jagger-Richards-Ashcroft but it's nothing but the version of "The Last Time" recorded by the Andrew Oldham Orchestra in 1965 with lyrics composed by Richard Ashcroft so it's not a colaboration of third parties with the glimmer twins
16th October 2006 09:17 PM
Saint Sway huh? wha?

pass the bong...
17th October 2006 12:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks everyone here and there! I think this is the only song with this fórmula

Composed by Mick + Keith + Other(s) together = released in a non-stones record

Stay tuned, I will post the link the very same of the program, great material both live and studio, from classics to rarities
17th October 2006 06:51 AM
Mathijs Memo From Turner is a Jagger/Richards song that has not been perfomed by the Stones.

Mathijs
17th October 2006 07:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl But there ain't no other composer in it so it does not fit my criterion
17th October 2006 03:12 PM
souldoggie How about "Theme For A Rolling Stone" found on the London Records 1966 release "The Rolling Stones Songbook". Publisher: Abkco Music Inc. Writers: Jagger/Richards/Oldham.

I'm pretty sure this fits the formula: Jagger+ Richards + Other = non Rolling Stones album.
17th October 2006 06:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl it fits! Fuck!! Now I can't say that on the air LOL
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)