ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Grace Slick (NSC) Return to archive
12th October 2006 10:21 AM
justinkurian I haven't seen her in a few years...

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
12th October 2006 10:24 AM
FotiniD Is THAT Grace Slick?!?!? I can't believe it. She'd easily walk by me in the street and I wouldn't notice.

Time waits for no one
12th October 2006 11:19 AM
mojoman so much for aging gracefully!!!
12th October 2006 05:01 PM
MrPleasant Everybody who knows me (my mother) knows I'm into biodegradable stuff; also: that I'm no saint, that's why I strongly recommend to stay away from heavy drugs once you enter the forties, maybe the sixties. After all, I'm 112 years old, and that should tell you something about my current state of mind.

12th October 2006 05:03 PM
Saint Sway She built this city on rock and roll.
12th October 2006 05:03 PM
mojoman man...she was creamy back in the day!!!
12th October 2006 05:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mojoman wrote:
so much for aging gracefully!!!

Well, she ain't no Cher.
12th October 2006 06:07 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, she ain't no Cher.

Well, Cher is NO Cher!

Grace Slick is 67 I beleive. She does look scary though.
12th October 2006 06:18 PM
SheRat Anyone ever seen the footage of her shitfaced in Germany going off on the audience about WWII and the Nazis in the middle of a song?

HilARIous.
12th October 2006 06:22 PM
mojoman saw that. man what a hippie embarassment!!!
12th October 2006 06:59 PM
kath if she didn't have on those shades and you could see her eyes, you'd know it was gracie, i bet! she was so incredibly beautiful...but those eyes could hypnotize.....

there's gracie!!! those amazing eyes....

otherwise, i'd say she's a pretty crappy artist, that portrait is just laughable.
[Edited by kath]
12th October 2006 07:12 PM
Gazza

Fuck me. She looks like a pint of guinness....
12th October 2006 07:17 PM
SheRat
quote:
kath wrote:
if she didn't have on those shades and you could see her eyes, you'd know it was gracie, i bet! she was so incredibly beautiful...but those eyes could hypnotize.....

there's gracie!!! those amazing eyes....

otherwise, i'd say she's a pretty crappy artist, that portrait is just laughable.
[Edited by kath]

I never thought she was that pretty--but she could just be unphotogenic. All those dudes were in love with her.

Having said that, I think it's way cool she's let her hair go gray.
12th October 2006 09:13 PM
Prodigal Son She looks... like a 67-year old woman. Not sure why people in rock can't let the stars age. Not everyone has to dye their hair, get facelifts/comsetic surgery and continue to act 19. But, time truly does wait for no one and Grace is now a sweet thing only to senior citizens, old hippies and the like. But she has those crazy blue eyes so you know it's her!!!
13th October 2006 07:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Grace is Grace and will be Grace. I love her since the late 60s

This is a Mick and Keith by Grace

13th October 2006 07:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Zappa by Grace

13th October 2006 07:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since you're talking about my new girlfriend now I have a header for ya
13th October 2006 09:15 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Fuck me. She looks like a pint of guinness....

Fracking Funny!!
14th October 2006 02:04 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Grace is Grace and will be Grace. I love her since the late 60s

This is a Mick and Keith by Grace

why does keith look like dylan.
14th October 2006 10:30 AM
AlexKx Sooo...what did she say about Nazis and Germany?
14th October 2006 02:04 PM
kath oh, she went a little crazy there for a while...remember when she held off the cops with a shotgun from her front porch? and she named her baby "god"??? (i actually kinda liked that....)

she certainly looks good and healthy now.
14th October 2006 06:52 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
Sooo...what did she say about Nazis and Germany?

THE REICH STUFF
Grace Slick
The first German show of Jefferson Starship’s 1978 European tour ended in a riot when mercurial singer Grace Slick couldn’t play due, she insisted, to an upset stomach. The next night, Slick pepped herself up by drinking the entire contents of her hotel minibar before arriving at Hamburg’s Congress Centrum. When not fondling guitarist Craig Chaquico, Slick mimicked a Nazi goose-step, asked the audience “Who won the war?” and gave the “Heil Hitler” salute. Stumbling into the crowd, she reportedly groped several female onlookers before jamming her finger up a man’s nose. “I’m in Germany and I’m gonna get back at them for Dachau,” she later explained. Recorded for German TV, the concert was never broadcast, and Slick left the band immediately afterwards.

http://digg.com/music/Worst_Onstage_Meltdowns
14th October 2006 08:49 PM
mojoman baron von tolbooth and the chrome nun
17th October 2006 06:45 PM
Olivia1962 My Good Friend Sells Artwork In The Sonoma Countny Area in Cailfornia he sell graces work i got to meet her at one of her Auctions she is very nice not like she was in the 60s though.
17th October 2006 06:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
SheRat wrote:

I never thought she was that pretty--but she could just be unphotogenic. All those dudes were in love with her.

Having said that, I think it's way cool she's let her hair go gray.

Emylou Harris looks so gorgeous with her long silver hair. She looks regal. Even better looking than she was in her youth.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)