ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field, Regina, SK 8 October 2006 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th October 2006 12:55 AM
Poplar (from the fine folks over at IORR.org)

1. Paint it Black
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. It's Only Rock'n Roll
4. All Down The Line
5. Ain't To Proud To Beg
6. Angie
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Tumbling Dice

9. You Got The Silver
10. Little T&A

11. Under My Thumb (to B-stage)
12. Rough Justice
13. Start Me Up
14. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)

15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Brown Sugar

18. You Can't Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction

Stadium info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_Stadium

[Edited by Gazza]
9th October 2006 01:09 AM
Gimme Shelter Review by Dean Goodman
About the same time North Korea reported its first successful nuclear weapons test, the Stones delivered an even Bigger Bang at their second show in Regina on Sunday.
Given the chilly temperatures (36 Fahrenheit, 2 Celsius), they could have phoned in a quick and nasty show, but they slotted in seven new songs, including "Angie" and "Ain't Too Proud To Beg," and played the holdovers from Friday's show with renewed passion.

"I know this is actually the first night," Mick said, after the second song, "You Got Me Rocking," referring to the fact that the Sunday show was the first one announced. "You guys bought all the tickets first."

The crowd roared in approval. Friday's crowd was great too, but Sunday's was just a bit more enthusiastic. After all, we were all freezing together.

Actually, the show began on a very wobbly note. Keith launched into "Paint It, Black" not long after the video intro had started. The footage was hastily cut, the pyro quickly set off, and the technical guys struggled to rescue the sound, which was incredibly bass-heavy.

After "It's Only Rock 'N Roll," Mick welcomed fans from Saskatoon and Moose Jaw. But when he mentioned those from Winnipeg, people booed. There must be some real antipathy between the two towns. "Even if they're from Winnipeg, they're welcome," Mick added.

"All Down the Line" was a blast. I hadn't heard this in a long time. I'm not sure the crowd was into it, or maybe they were just too cold to thrust their arms into the air. Actually, the secret to staying warm, is jumping up and down and moving around, as Mick showed.

He was still in a joking mood as the band prepared for the next song. He apologized "sincerely" for joking about the town's unfortunately-rhymed name, and promised he'd never do it again (“Regina” falls in the same category as "Mulva," for Seinfeld fans out there). But then he added, "I hope that doesn't make me sound like too much of a pussy." The crowd loved it.

And I loved "Ain't too Proud to Beg." Mick worked the crowd hard on this one. At the end, Keith fell to his knees, but it wasn't in the single motion you'd expect. It took him several stages as he did it gingerly. Arthritis? Some times during the night, he just looked disoriented. Maybe he was in a trance. He didn't seem to laugh much, or joke around with the other guys. If anything, his emotionless face reminded me of Muhammad Ali.

Mick announced the band would slow things down for the next song -- "Angie" -- noting, "I can't stand still for too long." He patted Keith on the back at the end.

Mick then strapped on a guitar -- "joining the freezing finger brigade" -- for "Rain Fall Down," which would have been relevant about seven hours earlier.

After "Tumbling Dice," during which he ran one-third down the catwalk towards the b-stage, he again the crowd "for making us feel fantastic."

Keith didn't say much during his usual set. "Second show. I don't believe this stuff. You guys are too much." He said some other stuff later on, but I missed it.

Down at the b-stage, the police tried to keep fans from rushing to the area, but local security guards overruled them in a few cases. "Under My Thumb" was more or less finished by the time the band got there. During "Rough Justice," Mick moved up and down the stage arms outstretched like a toy soldier, a clever ploy to stay warm. On the way back, he briefly wore a Davy Crockett-style coonskin cap that someone had tossed up.

No complaints about the war horses. A special award to Ronnie for accomplishing his solo during "You Can't Always Get What You Want" despite being in agony because of something in his eye. Oddly enough, Mick almost brought the song near the end when he said, "Wait a minute, wait a minute" before leading the crowd into the sing-along. I thought there might be a disturbance in the crowd, but remembered that I was in Canada and such things never happen.

Mick was on fire at the end, so much so that he (foolishly?) stripped down to a short-sleeved red shirt during "Satisfaction." Hope he doesn't catch a cold. I've got a lot of plane trips and hotels booked.

9th October 2006 01:12 AM
Gimme Shelter They need to keep playing Sway.
9th October 2006 01:15 AM
Poplar
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
And I loved "Ain't too Proud to Beg." Mick worked the crowd hard on this one. At the end, Keith fell to his knees, but it wasn't in the single motion you'd expect. It took him several stages as he did it gingerly. Arthritis? Some times during the night, he just looked disoriented. Maybe he was in a trance. He didn't seem to laugh much, or joke around with the other guys. If anything, his emotionless face reminded me of Muhammad Ali.

same review - difefrent night. ugh.
9th October 2006 01:18 AM
Brainbell Jangler Thanks for taking care of this, Poplar.
9th October 2006 01:21 AM
Poplar
I'm doing it for the kids.
9th October 2006 03:51 AM
Jeep Photos Yahoo/AP/Troy Fleece :

9th October 2006 04:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poplar wrote:

much appreciated, guys
9th October 2006 07:00 AM
chevysales "And I loved "Ain't too Proud to Beg." Mick worked the crowd hard on this one. At the end, Keith fell to his knees, but it wasn't in the single motion you'd expect. It took him several stages as he did it gingerly. Arthritis? Some times during the night, he just looked disoriented. Maybe he was in a trance. He didn't seem to laugh much, or joke around with the other guys. If anything, his emotionless face reminded me of Muhammad Ali."

ouch
9th October 2006 07:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Poplar wrote:

LOL I was available but forgot about the show
9th October 2006 07:54 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

LOL I was available but forgot about the show

I'm getting worried about you, Voodoo!!!
The West Coaster bailed you out again. Thanks Poplar

Next show....Chicago!!
Stay tuned...... You too, Voodoo!!
9th October 2006 08:29 AM
TomL YEA NO SOL
9th October 2006 08:40 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TomL wrote:
YEA NO SOL

Get ready, Big Boy!!!
9th October 2006 08:43 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
TomL wrote:
YEA NO SOL

You will get SOL in Chi-Town...and you will sing along with Pammy and company!

9th October 2006 08:56 AM
throbby 36 degrees!! Stadium show, Canada, October. Christ, whose call was this? Must have been hard to move the fingers last night.
[Edited by throbby]
9th October 2006 09:01 AM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
36 degrees!! Stadium show, Canada, October. Christ, whose call was this? Must have been hard to move the fingers last night.
[Edited by throbby]

Chicago isn't looking much better.

Ridiculous scheduling. Arenas...DUH!!!!!!!

LJ.
9th October 2006 09:03 AM
throbby Doesn't it snow in Chicago in October?
9th October 2006 09:09 AM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
Doesn't it snow in Chicago in October?

It's in the forecast for our adventure.

OH well..this Buffalo girl is ready!!!

LJ.
9th October 2006 09:10 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
throbby wrote:
36 degrees!! Stadium show, Canada, October. Christ, whose call was this? Must have been hard to move the fingers last night.
[Edited by throbby]

My thoughts exactly. Must be tough on the fingers and knees. Let's hope Chicago gets some unseasonably tropical weather.
9th October 2006 10:05 AM
Paranoid_Android I was honestly concerned about the setlist...thinking perhaps just a change or two...or the classic "swap JJF for SMU" move...a pathetic one that is...I am so happy they did mix it up...very significantly...good for Regina!!! Lucky fans who went to both nites!!!

Well done boys!!!
9th October 2006 11:51 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

It's in the forecast for our adventure.

OH well..this Buffalo girl is ready!!!

LJ.

I just checked Weather.com. The low on Wednesday is 35 degrees?!

Bring your parka!

Perhaps having some vodka coursing through your veins would help prevent freezing, too.

SV
9th October 2006 11:55 AM
LadyJane
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I just checked Weather.com. The low on Wednesday is 35 degrees?!

Bring your parka!

Perhaps having some vodka coursing through your veins would help prevent freezing, too.

SV

I am actually excited about this adventure.

I'll be in the company of lunatics.
I'll definitely have lots of booze coursing through my veins.
I have snow gear ready to pack.
Just need to purchase rain poncho.

The ROCC (LJ/Parmeda/MEG/GotToRollME) cannot be stopped by weather. Like the mail carriers we will battle all elements to enjoy the Stones!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
9th October 2006 03:19 PM
Poplar
I'm 31.. and i don't know if i could play in those conditions. Hell, Oaklanf in November will seem tropical.

I go frostbyte on my fingers!
9th October 2006 03:23 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I am actually excited about this adventure.

I'll be in the company of lunatics.
I'll definitely have lots of booze coursing through my veins.
I have snow gear ready to pack.
Just need to purchase rain poncho.

The ROCC (LJ/Parmeda/MEG/GotToRollME) cannot be stopped by weather. Like the mail carriers we will battle all elements to enjoy the Stones!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

I just checked weather.com and it's supposed to be in the 50s with a chance of rain for showtime...depends on how fast/slow the weather moves. Let's keep our collective fingers crossed.
We're gonna roll into Chicago like a Sherman tank, baby...and we're gonna rock with the boys! Hell yeah!

9th October 2006 03:29 PM
nowhere_girl12
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
After "It's Only Rock 'N Roll," Mick welcomed fans from Saskatoon and Moose Jaw. But when he mentioned those from Winnipeg, people booed. There must be some real antipathy between the two towns. "Even if they're from Winnipeg, they're welcome," Mick added.

Haha! This is because of the intense football rival between the Saskatchewan Roughriders (who play at the stadium), and the Winnipeg Bluebombers.
[Edited by nowhere_girl12]
9th October 2006 03:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
TomL wrote:
YEA NO SOL

Only because it was a double header and they did it on the first night.

Chicago hasnt got it in 3 shows this tour to date so its an absolute cert you'll get it on wednesday

You'll get it, you'll like it and you will sing along to it.
9th October 2006 04:17 PM
Poplar
i i i i, i i i i....
9th October 2006 04:56 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Poplar wrote:

i i i i, i i i i....

Tom knows he has no choice...there would be hell to pay!!!!!(is that a song?-lol)
9th October 2006 05:56 PM
Some Guy not much posting in this thread.
9th October 2006 06:06 PM
open-g >>You'll get it, you'll like it and you will sing along to it.<<

Just in case you always skipped it on CD here's the lyrics to practice

STREETS OF LOVE

you're awful bright, you're awful smart
i must admit you broke my heart
the awful truth is really sad
i must admit i was awful bad
while lovers laugh and music plays
i stumble by and i hide my pain
mm the lamps are lit, the moon is gone
i think i've crossed the rubicon
i walk the streets of love
chorus C / G / Am / F
and they're full of tears
and they're full of fears
while music pumps from passing cars
a couple watch me from a bar
a band just played the wedding march
and the corner store mends broken hearts
a woman asks me for a dance
oh it's free of charge - just one more chance
and they're full of tears
for a thousand years
you had the moves, you had the cards
i must admit you were awful smart
the awful truth is awful sad
i must admit i was awful bad
and i walk the streets of love
for a thousand years
oh i walk the streets of love
and they're drenched with tears
oh everybody been talkin about it
everybody been walkin out
yeah but i ....
oh yes i do
oh the streets of love
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)