ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Montauk, Long Island, NY - 1978 by Chris Makos
From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 40x20 Exhibition on tour... next stop is NYC!!! Return to archive
10-18-02 09:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The 40x20 exhibition featuring the best Stones photographers, currently running at Govinda Gallery in Washington, DC will be now in NYC from November up to Christmas!

More to come soon, for more about the exhibition and the book, click here

BTW, The book is great!!!
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-19-02 09:01 PM
parmeda I have to back Voodoo up on this one...

I had the opportunity to see this exhibit in Washington DC, just a few weeks ago. I am sooooo glad that I did. If you are a 'history buff', so to speak...you will be delighted to see many of the earlier photos that have been taken and preserved by these artists.

If you have the opportunity to visit this exhibit, I strongly encourage you to do so.
10-19-02 09:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Pammy Mammy! Just let me know which one you want as header for Monday and it will be there, dedicated to you!
10-19-02 10:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and the book is so great! Just read the stories behind the pix... yes Every picture tells a story and in some cases the story is better then the pic as well!

Each photographer wrote his/her own stories. Today's header has a great story behind it, and narrated by the one who was there "sober" LOL
10-19-02 10:26 PM
glencar Voodoo, I'd love to see this show. Please keep us advised.
10-19-02 10:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Of course I'll do Glancar, next to NYC probably will be London, Mexico City is in the plans now
10-20-02 02:43 AM
parmeda Voo...you're too kind.

Surprise me!

Pam
10-20-02 05:04 AM
luxury1 Hey, I will be living in NY by then. Do you know the name of the gallery in NYC?? (or was that posted already?--sorry to be so scattered. This move is killing me).
10-21-02 04:30 AM
parmeda
quote:
Pammy Mammy! Just let me know which one you want as header for Monday and it will be there, dedicated to you!

Gerardo...I love that face! Thank you, so much. Here's a big "mmmmmwwwwhhhhhaaaaaaaaa", for you too!

Everyone else...GO SEE THAT EXHIBIT!!
(...you'll love it!)

Pam
10-21-02 11:27 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Hey, I will be living in NY by then. Do you know the name of the gallery in NYC?? (or was that posted already?--sorry to be so scattered. This move is killing me).

In the meantime for all in NYC:

An exhibition of Henry Diltz's work, "35 Years of Rock Imagery,"

Artchives Gallery, at 76 Greene Street, it features more than 100 black-and-white and color photos, call 800-778-9988 for information.

I do recommend you to buy his CD, I did it, some headers have been taken from it. He made a bunch of classic album covers, check his website, see link at http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/photos.htm

10-21-02 11:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and he likes the Mexican Mother Nature LOL

Here's he is doing the peyote trial back in the late 60s

BTW, he also has a goup, his CD with photos is improved with his own music. Cool guy! and Thanks for all those great headers of the new Barbarians