ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Montauk, Long Island, NY - 1978 by Chris Makos
From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "New Stones Album Could Come Soon" - Woody Return to archive
10-18-02 08:15 PM
Gazza New Rolling Stones Album Could Come Soon, Says Ron Wood
Fri Oct 18, 2:57 PM ET

(10/18/02, 3 p.m. ET) -- The Rolling Stones went into the studio in Paris, France, earlier this year, ostensibly to record a few new songs for the Forty Licks retrospective. The Stones wound up with more than two dozen new compositions, four of which are included on Forty Licks.

That seems to indicate that a new studio album shouldn't be too far away, and guitarist Ron Wood tells LAUNCH that the goods are there to turn something out relatively quickly. "We went there, in Paris, to do six songs, and we ended up doing 25. Like, we have another new album in the making, if you like, out of the Paris sessions. I would say it wouldn't take more than a few months to do the final vocals and mixing. There's not much needs doing to the basic tracks--you know, maybe an overdub here and there--but if we were forced, we could have it out in a couple of months."

The Stones next perform Friday (October 18) at the Skydome in Toronto.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

from www.launch.com
10-18-02 08:34 PM
Jaxx "We went there, in Paris, to do six songs, and we ended up doing 25. Like, we have another new album in the making, if you like, out of the Paris sessions. I would say it wouldn't take more than a few months to do the final vocals and mixing. There's not much needs doing to the basic tracks--you know, maybe an overdub here and there--but if we were forced, we could have it out in a couple of months."

there ya go. 25 tunes in paris. i knew the boyz would pull through. sounds like a new one in time for xmas???? yeah!
10-18-02 08:43 PM
Boomhauer Maybe this will be the European tour backer.

With these new songs sounding very good, I think they got something good coming for fans and other music fans.

Perhaps the "4 new Licks" are not even the best of the bunch. Maybe they saved the best for a..........(oh please let this come true)......double album, with a cover of Love Train!
[Edited by Boomhauer]
10-19-02 02:46 AM
Nasty Habits I'd settle for eight good originals, a cover of "Love Train" and a cover of Joe Tex's "Watch the One Who Always Brings the Bad News."

10-19-02 09:39 AM
Maxlugar Ah now that's the stuff for a bad hangover.

Thank you.

By the way, that Tower show is friggin' great.

I was shocked at some of the performances.

Anti-Clubby (He never sees the Stones in clubs)
10-19-02 05:13 PM
Joey "We went there, in Paris, to do six songs, and we ended up doing 25. Like, we have another new album in the making, if you like, out of the Paris sessions. I would say it wouldn't take more than a few months to do the final vocals and mixing. "

Let's hope and pray we do not get another " Dirty Work "

I am always vigilant for a new Exile , however !!!!!!

" Shall I put on ' Some Girls ' she purred ??????? ' Come to Joey ' I replied Ronnie "

Club " Clubby Bear " Joey ( He is a young man who only sees the Stones in clubs.................for face value ! )

Clubby !!!!
10-19-02 05:20 PM
Gazza >there ya go. 25 tunes in paris. i knew the boyz would pull through. sounds like a new one in time for xmas???? yeah!

Love the idea,Jaxx but I doubt they'd even work on those songs until the new year. Even when they do,youre talking at least 3-4 months after that before it would be released after its mixed, mastered and the record company's A&R people get their greasy hands on to the promotional side of it

Putting out a new album anytime in the next 6 months would be extremely unlikely with "40 Licks" selling so strongly. No way would Virgin want to compete with that monster while its still doing well....two albums in the space of a few months in this day and age is treated as "saturating" the market.

If anything,it would make commercial sense to put a studio release out (if its ready) for next summer in time for the European shows (and also of course,if the band - as is rumoured - will be continuing the tour into 2004)..by next summer "40 licks" will be old news and a new "product" to push a major tour would be a sensible venture.

10-19-02 05:37 PM
Mr T well - I hope they use some of the tracks - but do seperate sessions for the new album. I'm not to thrilled about Don't Stop - so it's outtakes sound even less appealing. Keeping some of the 25 songs around wouldn't be a bad idea (especially for a double album) but I definitly would like this to be mainly new stuff that they put a lot of work into - not just stuff they came up with while fooling around. The purpose of the Paris Sessions was to come up with Stonesy singles like Don't Stop, that doesn't sound like it would make much of an album. I'd rather hear them come up with some really creative songs on the road, I bet they could do that
10-19-02 09:49 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well, Mr. T, you gotta remember, Don Was has proven himself over and over again to pick the worst tracks to record out of the batches while leaving potentially great ideas unfinished. If "Don't Stop" is like a Voodoo Lounge number and the Glimmer Twins say "Don, take a holiday and we'll see about this one" - we could have a brilliant album.

-tSYX --- Baby I'm a-ready to go...
10-20-02 10:28 AM
Boomhauer Why the fuck are two men that have written some of the greatest rock n' roll tracks ever listening to somebody else?

I don't get it. I would like the next album to be on Rolling Stones Records and be produced by the Glimmer Twins. That would make my day.
10-20-02 10:51 AM
lucasd4
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Well, Mr. T, you gotta remember, Don Was has proven himself over and over again to pick the worst tracks to record out of the batches while leaving potentially great ideas unfinished. If "Don't Stop" is like a Voodoo Lounge number and the Glimmer Twins say "Don, take a holiday and we'll see about this one" - we could have a brilliant album.

-tSYX --- Baby I'm a-ready to go...

If you don't think the best tracks are going on the albums, don't blame Don or any other producer...blame Mick and Keith...they are not rank amateurs that need a producer to pick the correct songs for them...I doubt very seriously that micro-managing Jagger and music first Richards would let anyone pick the songs for them to record....even if they did, they don't have to accept the results....I get so tired of fans trying to pass the blame off on others when they don't like something about the Stones newer music
10-20-02 10:52 AM
lucasd4
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
Why the fuck are two men that have written some of the greatest rock n' roll tracks ever listening to somebody else?

I don't get it. I would like the next album to be on Rolling Stones Records and be produced by the Glimmer Twins. That would make my day.

They're not listening to someone else....if you don't like it, blame Mick and Keith
10-20-02 11:44 AM
Harrylime I hope the new album isn't too over-polished,which was a failing of GITD.Raw and sleazy,with a few vital ballads
for good measure.Here's hoping.
10-20-02 12:27 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
lucasd4 wrote:
They're not listening to someone else....if you don't like it, blame Mick and Keith

Well, I do like Voodoo Lounge, Bridges, and the new songs, so I guess I don't blame anybody, really.

Maybe the Stones are just loyal to Don Was or vice versa.

Is Chris Kimsey still producing?