ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Montauk, Long Island, NY - 1978 by Chris Makos
From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AOL New 8.0 Cool Stones Themes! Return to archive
10-15-02 09:21 PM
Highwire Rob I just downloaded the available America Online 8.0 upgrade. And YES!! There is a full Stones' Theme option including wallpaper, email stationery, Buddy icons (Band Member Faces), Buddy Sound Alerts including: Mick's voice or a choice of a few notes of "Don't Stop" or "Start Me Up", and 16 emoticon variants on the Tongue smilie!

Way to go AOL now you're getting cool. . .

By the way, a few weeks ago AOL offered 3 soundbite downloads of Mick's voice for AOL prompts: "Hello There!", "You've got some letters", and "See you on the tour. . ."

I can put these on the web for download if anybody missed them and would like to check them out.

Take Care! --Rob
"We walk the highwire/ Putting the world out on a deadline/ Catching the bite on primetime/ With hot guns and cold, cold nights. . ."
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
10-15-02 09:41 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Rob, you would be the man if you got all that stuff. 'Specially the hello and goodbye messages.

Thanks!

-tSYX --- Sendin' our troops to the front line...
10-15-02 09:58 PM
Miss U. Cool, Rob.
I'd like to figure out how to use those messages from Mick for my outgoing voicemail msg!!
10-16-02 06:18 PM
RubyFriday take a look

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/p...2457525,00.html

10-18-02 09:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here they are as sent by Highwire Rob

GOT MAIL

WELCOME

GOODBYE

10-21-02 12:50 PM
Highwire Rob Thanks very much Voodoo, for creating and posting those links.

TheSavageYoungXyzzy and Miss U. may have got them, but just to be sure, perhaps this string can stay up for just a few more days for those interested.

--Rob.
10-21-02 06:10 PM
Ken I made one of Keith for a welcome message.
It sayes 'Let's Get on With It Man'
If somebody wants to host it I'll email it
to you. PLease reply to me privately so I don't
miss the message.

Ken
[Edited by Ken]