ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry's revenge on wayward Mick Return to archive
October 20th, 2005 04:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Jerry's revenge on wayward Mick
By Richard Simpson, Daily Mail
19 October 2005

It's been all over for six years now.

But that didn't stop a giggling Jerry Hall making a few well-aimed digs at the expense of her philandering ex-husband.

The 48-year-old actress and model spoke frankly of Mick Jagger's weakness for women as she hosted a fashion awards night in Monte Carlo.

And as the audience - including Victoria Beckham, Mariah Carey and Prince Albert of Monaco - hooted with laughter, Miss Hall seemed to revel in a little light-hearted revenge.

Asked on stage by her co-host Jeremy Irons whether Sir Mick might host the event with her next year, she replied: 'Are you insane? Have you seen how many models there are here? Even he couldn't afford the child support payments.'

A few moments later, the unfortunate Jagger was in her sights again.

Asked whether she had tried a spot of betting during her stay in Monte Carlo, she replied that she didn't gamble, as she always ended up losing.

Irons persevered and Miss Hall admitted that she did like betting on 'the fillies'. She then added: 'Of course, Mick always liked betting on a lot of fillies at the same time.

'Unfortunately, the last filly he bet on, I got to keep the house'.

Jagger fathered his seventh child, Lucas, with model Luciana Morad while married to Miss Hall, the mother of four of his children.

After years of putting up with his unfaithfulness, the affair with Miss Morad was the last straw.

Miss Hall promptly divorced him and did indeed get to keep their £7million home in Richmond, South West London. After a protracted paternity battle the 62-year-old Rolling Stones singer was also forced to pay child support for his son with Miss Morad.

As the night dragged on, Miss Hall appeared to be taking every opportunity to bemoan her life with Sir Mick.

On another occasion, she said: 'My advice to the models here is take it easy on yourself - and don't have four kids.'

Her candid views on her former husband were not quite as colourful as her outfits. She changed eight times during-the show, wearing gowns from Vivienne Westwood, Roberto Cavalli, Tommy Hilfiger, Alexander McQueen, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada and Armani.

After the broadcast, she declared: 'Now I have nothing to wear for the after party - I've already been seen in all these dresses.'

The Fashion Rocks show, which is in aid of The Prince's Trust, will be televised worldwide.

It will be seen in Britain on Channel 4 on Saturday night.

Victoria Beckham, who appeared in a revealing Cavalli dress, insisted that she did not diet to keep her increasingly slender shape. 'I keep fit by running after my three boys all day,' she said.

Blondie singer Deborah Harry arrived at the awards on the arm of designer Tommy Hilfiger.

Her trademark blonde hair had been dyed a dazzling red.

Mariah Carey, who teamed up with designer Donatella Versace, declared: 'It's an honour for Donatella to come here and dress me tonight. I find her like a little Barbie doll who is always beautiful to look at.' Other guests included Ozzie, Sharon and Kelly Osbourne, Bon Jovi, Emma Bunton, Rachel Stevens and Craig David.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 20th, 2005 04:40 AM
FotiniD Ouch! She's still bitter, ain't she?
October 20th, 2005 06:16 AM
UGot2Rollme I must admit I've been enjoying Jerry's "Kept Man" quest on VH1 - the other night Bill Wyman made an appearance for a dinner party, she also frequently hangs with Jo Wood, and had Ronnie give her a tour of his studio. There was also a show where she was performing at Ronnie Scotts on a song with Pete Townsend and his girlfriend. I wouldn't mind being her kept man for awhile.
October 20th, 2005 06:41 AM
pdog She's no Anita or Marianne...
October 20th, 2005 01:48 PM
texile or bianca.
October 20th, 2005 09:16 PM
gorda
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Jerry's revenge on wayward Mick
By Richard Simpson, Daily Mail
19 October 2005

" . . . Mariah Carey, who teamed up with designer Donatella Versace, declared: 'It's an honour for Donatella to come here and dress me tonight. I find her like a little Barbie doll who is always beautiful to look at.' "

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

Did Mariah Carey really say that?

Doesn't that sound like a really stuck-up thing to say?

Yes, she is beautiful and talented, but wouldn't it have been more classy for her to say, "It's an honor to wear Donatella's beautiful clothes."

P.S. Did you guys know that after Luis Miguel dumped Mariah Carey, she ended up in a mental institution? How awful!

And futhermore did you know that her ex-husband, Tommy de Mottola is married to Mexican singer/actress, Thalía!

And did you know that one time Thalía asked Luis Miguel to sing a duet with her during an awards show, and he refused! (This was years ago, when they were both in their 20's.)

Life's a trip!
October 20th, 2005 09:17 PM
gorda
quote:
gorda wrote:

Did Mariah Carey really say that?

Doesn't that sound like a really stuck-up thing to say?

Yes, she is beautiful and talented, but wouldn't it have been more classy for her to say, "It's an honor to wear Donatella's beautiful clothes."

P.S. Did you guys know that after Luis Miguel dumped Mariah Carey, she ended up in a mental institution? How awful!

And futhermore did you know that her ex-husband, Tommy de Mottola is married to Mexican singer/actress, Thalía!

And did you know that one time Thalía asked Luis Miguel to sing a duet with her during an awards show, and he refused! (This was years ago, when they were both in their 20's.)

Life's a trip!

P.S. Thalía is much more beautiful than Mariah Carey!
October 20th, 2005 09:18 PM
gorda P.S.S. And in a recent video, I noticed Thalía was wearing a Rolling Stones' t-shirt! Ha! Ha!
October 20th, 2005 10:53 PM
glencar I'm sure whatever Mariah said was carefully scripted. Bitch doesn't have a brain in that lil head o' hers.
October 21st, 2005 03:43 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm sure whatever Mariah said was carefully scripted. Bitch doesn't have a brain in that lil head o' hers.

Get over it. In the dark, you can always throw a bag over her intellect.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)