ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Astros are gonna crush the Chi Sox Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 20th, 2005 02:23 PM
polksalad69
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
The ratings will be a bust....

screw the east coast and their bias. fukk Peter Gammons too.
October 20th, 2005 02:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

screw the east coast and their bias. fukk Peter Gammons too.

THe series will be on Fox, not the Eastern Sports Pinstripe Network..

BUt seriously, i couldn't care less if Ron Santo was calling the play by play....THE WHITE SOX ARE IN THE FUCKING WORLD SERIES......some members of this board do not even have parents who were alive to see this! I have had four grandparents born and deceased since they last won the world series!
October 20th, 2005 02:48 PM
glencar This will be a great WS & I shall watch parts of it as long as it's not up against DOOL.
October 20th, 2005 02:48 PM
Starbuck not to burst your bubble, pugsly, but i agree with riffy. the starters are equal in my opinion, and i'd take lidge over jenks any day of the week. and...i think houston has a better offense....

but this is baseball, so its up in the air!

the only thing we can be sure of is this:

twins 1987:

twins 1991:

even if the sux DO win, i'm still one up on ya!
October 20th, 2005 02:56 PM
glencar Hey you're one up on the ~other~ Sux too!
October 20th, 2005 03:20 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Steve Bartman is a hero to Sox fans...I only wish he would throw out the first pitch!

Are you and SS in cahoots in trying to twirl a wild hair in my ass today?
October 20th, 2005 03:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Are you and SS in cahoots in trying to twirl a wild hair in my ass today?

very rarely have SS and I ever been accused of being in cahoots! But we do have quite a high level of mutual respect.

Sorry Pammy!!! You had your years to attack the Sox fans, now its our time! Houston.....You have a Problem.....THE GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO White Sox.

October 20th, 2005 04:07 PM
Nellcote Glencar wrote:

Hey you're one up on the ~other~ Sux too!

GC: You probably are referring to The Boston Red Sox.
So you are up on your history, the Red Sox have
won the World Series six times.
Here are the years so you will have them:
1903, 1912, 1915, 1916, 1918, 2004.
Hope this helps your memory!

By the way, speaking of historical reference,
please look up This Day In Yankee History today.

I've got to remain true to the AL, White Sox should win, but it will go seven. Ozzie has the line on funky managerial moves to pull this out, but it will not be without both Contreras & El Duque pitching like they were running from Castro with a bunch of banditos at their tail...Oswalt & Clemens will make it a good series...
October 20th, 2005 04:31 PM
Joey " Are you and SS in cahoots in trying to twirl a wild hair in my ass today?"

October 20th, 2005 04:41 PM
pdog I've decided on my prediction. Astros in six. BUT!!! I'm always wrong, so, The Sox in five... I'm still wrong no matter what, Astros sweep... No, Sox in a game seven in extra innings!
October 20th, 2005 04:44 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Glencar wrote:

Hey you're one up on the ~other~ Sux too!

GC: You probably are referring to The Boston Red Sox.
So you are up on your history, the Red Sox have
won the World Series six times.
Here are the years so you will have them:
1903, 1912, 1915, 1916, 1918, 2004.
Hope this helps your memory!

By the way, speaking of historical reference,
please look up This Day In Yankee History today.

I've got to remain true to the AL, White Sox should win, but it will go seven. Ozzie has the line on funky managerial moves to pull this out, but it will not be without both Contreras & El Duque pitching like they were running from Castro with a bunch of banditos at their tail...Oswalt & Clemens will make it a good series...

Well, what a storied histoire! Perhaps those 5 wins from the earliest 2 decades of the 20th century should have sufficed for all that moaning in the later eight decades. At least White Sox fans have some class. I really am rooting for them although if the Stros win, it ain't no hanging matter...
October 20th, 2005 04:55 PM
Nellcote GC: Try to keep it civil. I was just looking to
set the record straight. Every team has a lack
of class one time or another, See Payrod with
the Hamburger Helper glove last year....
October 20th, 2005 05:05 PM
glencar Nellcote, I'm sorry. I'm just fed up with some of the nutty Bosox fans I've seen on the web. In real life they're even worse. This isn't meant as a dig at you. Mets fans can be the same way.
October 20th, 2005 05:12 PM
Nellcote GC: No need for any apology, we cool.
I've been to The House That Ruth Built a dozen times.
I'm a fan of the game.

October 20th, 2005 05:29 PM
monkey_man Hmmm I'm going to have to say White Sox in 6. It goes against my entire being to root for an AL team but there is no way my leftist ass is going to root for a team from Texas!!
(full disclosure. . .I'm a bitter Mets fan!)
[Edited by monkey_man]
October 20th, 2005 05:35 PM
glencar Well, that's just idiotic.
October 20th, 2005 05:37 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sorry Pammy!!! You had your years to attack the Sox fans, now its our time! Houston.....You have a Problem.....THE GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO White Sox.

Well pug...there's no harm in a little rivalry amongst friends.

Just remember...I will be here, with a box of Kleenex to share with you. (Been there, done that!!!)

I can't be a hypocrite in saying that, "I wish them well, Good Luck and such"...

...'CAUSE, I DON'T!

But I do wish YOU to NOT have a heart attack due to the stress factors you will have to endure in the next week
October 20th, 2005 05:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Well pug...there's no harm in a little rivalry amongst friends.

Just remember...I will be here, with a box of Kleenex to share with you. (Been there, done that!!!)

I can't be a hypocrite in saying that, "I wish them well, Good Luck and such"...

...'CAUSE, I DON'T!

But I do wish YOU to NOT have a heart attack due to the stress factors you will have to endure in the next week

That is fair enough
October 20th, 2005 05:50 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, that's just idiotic.

Your opinion really hurts my feelings! I need to go hug a tree now. . .
October 20th, 2005 06:28 PM
polksalad69
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

BUt seriously, i couldn't care less if Ron Santo was calling the play by play....THE WHITE SOX ARE IN THE FUCKING WORLD SERIES......some members of this board do not even have parents who were alive to see this! I have had four grandparents born and deceased since they last won the world series!

my old man went to the last game in '59 to see them lose. his uncles were huge sox fans but they are all gone. buncha Irishmen from Bridgeport.

so if the Sox win and the Twins are still one up, we haven't won any? what about 1917? anyway, we been hearing how we haven't played anybody all year and the Indians will catch us and we won't make it past the bosox so let em play. and I still have the east coast and the rectums at ESPN.
October 20th, 2005 06:58 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Your opinion really hurts my feelings! I need to go hug a tree now. . .

Well, you're a stupid jerk if you're going to root against a team because it's a red or blue state. That's not directed at you personally, natch but more of a general observation. I could see not liking a team if it was full of conservatives & you're a liberal but to root against them because they're from a "red" state is childish & pretty unsportsmanlike. Then again, many "blue" folks aren't very sporting, are they? LOL You know I luvs ya, nig!
October 20th, 2005 11:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels http://www.mc.cc.md.us/Departments/hpolscrv/blacksox.htm
October 21st, 2005 01:10 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Well, you're a stupid jerk if you're going to root against a team because it's a red or blue state.<

If your own team ain't in it...then why is it stupid to use the red state/blue state thing for picking a team to get behind? Seems as valid as any other means of picking a team...a team that you don't really like...to support during the Series. I mean, what's better? Flipping a coin? Going with the team that has the most US citizens? Going with the team that has the most colorful uniforms? Going with the team with the biggest combined weight? Going with the team that has the most Julio's?

It's all seems pretty stupid and arbitrary.

Here's my stupid and arbitrary reason for picking a team that I don't like....Houston opened it's city to the people of New Orleans in the wake of Katrina. Then a few weeks later faced it's own crisis with Rita. The people of Houston deserve something good to happen for them. So I'm going to pull for Houston. But honestly, that ain't worth much because I probably won't even watch an inning.
October 21st, 2005 05:08 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
but I just call 'em as I sees 'em,

Riffy

you were wrong about last year's Sox too
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)