ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cover from new cd Rarities 1971-2003 !!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 18th, 2005 12:52 PM
bootcover I know it's big, but hé, it's the cover from the new cd Rarities 1971-2003 !!!

1. Fancy Man Blues
2. Tumbling Dice (live)
3. Wild Horses (acoustic from Tokyo)
4. Beast Of Burden (live)
5. Anyway You Look At It
6. If I Was A Dancer (part 2)
7. Miss You (Dance version)
8. Wish I'd Never Met You
9. I Just Wanna Make Love To You (live)
10. Mixed Emotions (12" version)
11. Through The Lonely Nights
12. Live With Me (live)
13. Let It Rock (live)
14. Harlem Shuffle (NY Mix)
15. Mannish Boy
16. Thru and Thru (live

October 18th, 2005 12:59 PM
Honky Tonk Man What a great photo for the cover! It's taken from the Respectable video.
October 18th, 2005 01:00 PM
bootcover Yeah and did you notice they wiped out Bill Wyman !
October 18th, 2005 01:17 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
bootcover wrote:
Yeah and did you notice they wiped out Bill Wyman !

LOL...good eye.

"Wait'll you see the cover! Wait'll you see the cover!" - David St. Hubbins, speaking of this release
October 18th, 2005 01:23 PM
pdog Not big enough for Bill.
October 18th, 2005 01:25 PM
glencar Wow!
October 18th, 2005 01:53 PM
Nellcote Yes, for the record, they wiped out Mick Taylor, as he appears on Let It Rock Live.
Christ, is the whole choir supposed to be there?
October 18th, 2005 01:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Yes, for the record, they wiped out Mick Taylor, as he appears on Let It Rock Live.
Christ, is the whole choir supposed to be there?

It's just obvious to us who know that video that Bill is cropped out...
What version of Mannish Boy they gonna give us?
October 18th, 2005 02:00 PM
Nellcote Pdog, I know,I'm only spoofin' here.
It's a great video.
I'm from the camp that would want to have
The Stones be the Stones, despite past members.
Besides, Wyman's busy digging old coins these days
when he's not playing.
October 18th, 2005 02:22 PM
doo doo doo Dude Very provocative indeed.
October 18th, 2005 02:28 PM
bootcover Here's the original one with Bill.

October 18th, 2005 03:16 PM
The_Worst
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's just obvious to us who know that video that Bill is cropped out...
What version of Mannish Boy they gonna give us?

Any chance the give us the version with Muddy Waters from 1981 in Chicago?
October 18th, 2005 03:20 PM
pdog
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

The LYL version is so rare, so who knows. Fuck, why can't they get this shit right? I wonder if they will release more of these to milk us one disc at a time, then in like ten years we get the box set version ect...
October 18th, 2005 04:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

No chance, as its not a "Stones" performance. If it was that one, I'm sure that it would have been mentioned on the track listing

It'll be the "not exactly rare" version from Love You Live
October 18th, 2005 04:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No chance, as its not a "Stones" performance. If it was that one, I'm sure that it would have been mentioned on the track listing

It'll be the "not exactly rare" version from Love You Live

So we get tracks just released on Sucking In The Seventies... The Miss You, which was released on Don't Stop single... The biggest pice of crap song Anyway You Look At It... The lames mixes that were on Collectibles... I'm assuming Beast Of Burden is the Going to A Go-Go b-side... also from Flashpoint Collectibles. Through The Lonely nights, which will make its CD debut, but it's not that great a song. I'd call it the 1975 equivilent to SOL. Let It Rock, which is cool, but I got it on Boots already, so it's not that special now. I can't think of one song I'm looking forward to hearing on this... The Steel Wheels b-sides are looking like the high points of this disc. God I hope they come up with another one next year and dig deeper.
October 18th, 2005 05:16 PM
The_Worst I think whoever said this is an effort by the Stones to give their record company a new album in order to renegotiate their contract/sign with a new company is correct. That's why there is not much on here. They will have to negotiate & I'm sure all of the great rare tracks/live bootlegs are going to be held as a negotiating chip. This is a business & Mick is a very smart business man. I'm sure the Stones know damn well how successful releasing Brussles Affair & many other big time recordings would be. In my opinion most of these won't see the light of day until either Mick or Keith is gone, thus bringing an end to the Stones.

They will then live on in official releases of unreleased tracks & bootlegs for years & years to come!!!
October 18th, 2005 05:22 PM
Some Guy I'd buy it. Whens it out?
October 18th, 2005 05:49 PM
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'd buy it. Whens it out?

11/22
October 18th, 2005 07:39 PM
Soldatti I bought Live Licks, no reason for not buying this CD with some great songs on it.
October 18th, 2005 07:47 PM
Flairville Jesus! If they're selling such shit why not hit the DVD market? Hampton '81 on DVD as some sort of limited edition would be so cool, and, in my opinion would sell so many more copies. get it sorted boys. It's so strange that theres' nothing official from 69 to 89/90. It's not so much strange but it's WRONG. I'm drunk too, hope you're all well, Ben.
October 18th, 2005 08:11 PM
exile I like the cover not the tracklist

I'm glad to see "Through the Lonely Nights" I love that track
I have to disagree with pdog I don't think "Through the Lonely Nights" is 1975 SOL.
Its one of my favourites and I think it deserves more than to be compared to SOL

anyway like I said they should ditch the live tracks and put on Criss Cross Mind, I think I'm going Mad, Living in the Heart of love.

October 18th, 2005 08:18 PM
Schleisher I'm with Exile, I still can't believe they left off Think I'm Going Mad, one of my all time favorites.
October 18th, 2005 08:19 PM
Honky Tonk Man If this is ultimately a b-sides collection, then I have to agree with several others here and beg the question, where is I Think I'm Going Mad?
October 18th, 2005 09:22 PM
White House Lawn Lousy track list . . . but a KICK-ASS cover!
October 18th, 2005 10:57 PM
gustavobala 3 cool musics....the rest: zero!
October 18th, 2005 11:33 PM
Bloozehound Here's my analysis:

One of the coolest Stones album covers ever +1

One of the lamest Stones albums ever -2

verdict = -1
October 19th, 2005 02:27 AM
cc That is pretty weak that they took out bill. Why deny he was in the band? They really can't leave well enough alone.

cc
October 19th, 2005 07:17 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No chance, as its not a "Stones" performance.

You make it sound like they actually really thought about
the tracklist of this album...
October 20th, 2005 01:37 AM
Zack
quote:
cc wrote:
That is pretty weak that they took out bill. Why deny he was in the band? They really can't leave well enough alone.

cc

They probably would have had to pay him.
October 20th, 2005 08:32 AM
padre I think it's criminal that they wiped Bill outta the cover. On how many tracks does Bill play compared to Woody?
Maybe they should re-release their back cataloque altogether with Bill, Taylor and Brian brushed out of the covers.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)