ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Bang' scores a first for Stones in Italy Return to archive
October 18th, 2005 04:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 'Bang' scores a first for Stones in Italy
Mon Oct 17, 2005
By Mark Worden

ROME (Billboard) - Time was on their side. In September, 40 years after a compilation gave the Rolling Stones their first Italian chart-topper, the veteran rock act finally hit No. 1 in Italy with an original studio album.

"A Bigger Bang" (Virgin) spent two weeks at the top of the FIMI album chart after its September 2 release. Virgin Music Italy director of marketing Mario Sala says shipments have reached 60,000 units, with the label aiming for 100,000 by Christmas. He expects sales to benefit from lead single "Streets of Love" being the soundtrack to a current Vodafone TV ad campaign.

The Stones' compilation "Around and Around" (Decca) topped the Italian chart in 1965. Their only other No. 1 in the country was 2002's best-of set, "Forty Licks" (Virgin).

"The band, after having been considered dinosaurs in the 1980s and 1990s, are deemed cool again," Sala says. "They've won over young (Italian) fans with a no-frills set, while winning back older ones."

Reuters/Billboard

October 18th, 2005 04:39 AM
antonio this week a biger bang is 3 and sold more 150000k!!!
in the first weeks a biger bang sold 43000K!!!!!
October 18th, 2005 04:41 AM
antonio excuse me!!!!!!!totally a bigger bang sales 150000k!!!!
October 18th, 2005 07:13 AM
egon We should all thank Italy for keeping the album high up
in the world charts;

Thank you italy. I love you & I love your pizza.

And your women, i'd like to love them too.

October 18th, 2005 07:24 AM
egon

[Edited by egon]
October 18th, 2005 08:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
October 18th, 2005 11:09 AM
glencar Amazing. The eyeties did better than the rest of us!
October 18th, 2005 11:56 AM
JuanTCB Haven't Stones shows always sold really poorly in Italy? I seem to remember reading somewhere that one show was REALLY empty - it was during the World Cup in either '82 or '90.

Regardless, good for Italy - glad they finally saw the light!
October 18th, 2005 02:07 PM
Neocon Those high notes in "Streets of love" probably remind them of good old Frankie Valli
October 18th, 2005 07:23 PM
Soldatti ABB is #12 worldwide on week 6 with sales of 130k.
The album has sold more than 1.6 million worldwide.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)