ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's Your Favorite 1981 Soundboard? Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 17th, 2005 11:21 PM
pdog There's so many... Can we even begin to grasp how many we have to listen to...
October 17th, 2005 11:33 PM
glencar The first Philly show only because I was there. I haven't ehard too many otehrs so I'll let others tell us what's better...
October 17th, 2005 11:36 PM
pdog There's so many, and I know for a fact there's more to come! Possibly every show is or will be available, I think.
October 17th, 2005 11:50 PM
beer Wasn't every 1981 show professionaly filmed also? I hope more videos show up, like the Kansas City one with Taylor guesting.

-
October 18th, 2005 12:47 AM
Madafaka Jersey Devils is the best one!
October 18th, 2005 12:50 AM
T&A the recently upgraded 2nd Seattle is probably the best sound/show now
October 18th, 2005 01:13 AM
pdog
quote:
T&A wrote:
the recently upgraded 2nd Seattle is probably the best sound/show now

There's so many Seattle versions, I got mine confused a bit... Piles stack boxes of shows... I understand why you got the second hard drive!
October 18th, 2005 01:38 AM
marko Well thats
New Jersey 5.11.1981
I simply love entire tour,it just rocks.
I just got 4 new ones
La 9.10.81
2xDallas
Louiville

all has great sbd sound
October 18th, 2005 02:13 AM
pdog
quote:
marko wrote:
Well thats
New Jersey 5.11.1981
I simply love entire tour,it just rocks.
I just got 4 new ones
La 9.10.81
2xDallas
Louiville

all has great sbd sound

I've got LA too, although I can't find it. i got it in a snail mail trade about 6 or so weeks ago. Never To Old To Rock And Roll is the title. Haven't heard Loiusville, I got both Dallas shows. Just Dl'd them from the tracker. On the Jersey Devil Set, everyone I konw has told me their copies of LIB, can't remeber which show now, is flawed. Do you know of any unflawed sources?
Sometime soon we should hopefully get The Atlanta Fox theater show! What would be cool would be a few complete 1982 sbds, and if they exist the warm up gigs.
Marko, you were the one I most wanted to get an opinion on this from. Not that i don't want to hear others.
What's up with Hershey and DC shows? I saw Hershey on the tracker but it was a video...
October 18th, 2005 02:22 AM
marko I´ll send pkg to SS probaply end of this week.I needed more
stuff for him,like these 81 sbd´s,and something else from
2005 tour,which i´m still waiting.Reason why i´m waiting
is the bloody postage over to USA,it costs a small fortune
to send many packages.2cdr´s are 2-3euros.
So i prefer one bigger one.
I think we will TREE both shows.After that i allow it to
torrent.
October 18th, 2005 10:14 AM
Lazy Bones Hopefully the recent 2 Dallas and Louisville sbds can match the other 'goodies' from '81...
October 18th, 2005 01:27 PM
Madafaka
quote:
pdog wrote:
On the Jersey Devil Set, everyone I konw has told me their copies of LIB, can't remeber which show now, is flawed. Do you know of any unflawed sources?

There's not flawed if you get the original Empress Valley edition.
October 18th, 2005 01:35 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT
quote:
beer wrote:
Wasn't every 1981 show professionaly filmed also? I hope more videos show up, like the Kansas City one with Taylor guesting.

-

never heard of this, please elaborate
October 18th, 2005 01:46 PM
beer I just remember reading somewhere that all the '81 shows were filmed. Could be wrong though.

Mick Taylor played with them in Kansas City.

-
October 18th, 2005 01:58 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT for what song?
October 18th, 2005 05:38 PM
MRD8 The '81 soundboards are all mono recordings sourced from video...most of the tour will be available eventually but two of the ones that WON'T be are the two Orlando shows I saw on October 24th & 25...isn't that a bitch?
October 18th, 2005 05:54 PM
beer
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
The '81 soundboards are all mono recordings sourced from video...most of the tour will be available eventually but two of the ones that WON'T be are the two Orlando shows I saw on October 24th & 25...isn't that a bitch?

Any idea if and when the KC 81 video with Taylor will surface?

-
October 18th, 2005 06:10 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
beer wrote:
Any idea if and when the KC 81 video with Taylor will surface?

If it does surface it will have to be in IMAX to accomodate MT's girth.
October 18th, 2005 07:14 PM
Flairville 'Start Me Up' from Largo is so raw it makes me feel weird. It's on rockpassion. Check it out!!
October 18th, 2005 07:42 PM
Soldatti The first show in Philly.
October 18th, 2005 11:26 PM
gustavobala i just know few
October 18th, 2005 11:28 PM
gustavobala impossible knows everyones, i believe noones have all of them!
October 19th, 2005 01:42 AM
marko MRD8
I have BOTH ORLANDO shows 2nd gen tape,very NICE quality.
October 19th, 2005 02:19 AM
cc How about good audience tapes from '81? The soundboards I've heard are a little too clear, IMO.

cc
October 19th, 2005 02:40 AM
marko My Orlando are nice audience recordings.Also 1st New york
show has just appeared in nice audience quality.
But most of them are just everyshow collector stuff.
October 19th, 2005 08:10 AM
MRD8 Marco,
I've got the audience recordings and they are very nice, at least they are complete...several of the s/b's are chopped up with fragments of songs and whole songs missing!
The chances of MT's Kansas City performance showing up on video seems pretty remote...so far only Seattle(both shows) and Houston are the only video's to show up...besides the Hampton PPV, of course!
October 19th, 2005 08:20 AM
marko i want Cleveland shows next on sbd!Aud recordings are pretty bad,i think Louisville sounds VERY GOOD!!
Killer performance,except for that fuck up after intro....
funny.
Btw,do you have any idea,is there better sbd for 1st seattle 1981 show,not the badly distorted one.
October 19th, 2005 08:22 AM
Lil Brian
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The first show in Philly.

I like it too!
October 19th, 2005 08:25 AM
marko 1st philly was bad.......but still great.Not close to
New Jersey.
October 19th, 2005 09:02 AM
Lil Brian
quote:
marko wrote:
1st philly was bad...

So true. So many mighty f*ckups but also just as many brilliant recoveries.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)