ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: American Airlines Arena, Miami, Fl.-October 17th-Setlist, Reviews and Pix!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 17th, 2005 09:00 PM
LadyJane Got to start this one!!!

Cheers to my best gal pal and all 27 in her party as she enjoys her first show of this Tour.

I'm with you in spirit....and waiting for the phone calls.

LJ.
October 17th, 2005 09:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG Good evening LJ!! Phone calls- lucky you!!!! Next best thing to being there.
October 17th, 2005 09:18 PM
LadyJane Hello MEG!!!

Last I talked to her they were in a party bus sipping Mimosas....while the Fog Machine was just getting started.

And yes....I could have been there.....sigh!!!

LJ.
October 17th, 2005 09:20 PM
LadyJane Okay....on with the show!!!!

Thank you Shidoobee!!!

1. START ME UP
2. YOU GOT ME ROCKIN'
3. SHE'S SO COLD
4. TUMBLING DICE
5. ONNYA
6. RUBY TUESDAY
7. RAIN FALL DOWN
8. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
9. NIGHT TIME (with Joss Stone)
10.THE WORST
11. INFAMY
12. MISS YOU
13. ROUGH JUSTICE
14. GET OFF MY CLOUD
15. HTW
16. SYMPATHY
17. IORR
18. JJF
19. SATISFACTION
20. YCAGWYW (encore)
21. BROWN SUGAR (encore)

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
[Edited by LadyJane]
October 17th, 2005 09:22 PM
PartyDoll MEG The Party has Started!! and here we sit!!!
October 17th, 2005 09:29 PM
LadyJane OMG....that crazy nut just called!!!

All I could hear was her screaming my name, laughing and saying "He's beautiful"

We've been in love with Mick since 8th grade..and met him together in '78.

LJ.
October 17th, 2005 09:30 PM
Riffhard Here we go,here we go,here we go now!!! Hello all I'm here,and ready to live vicariously through the Lady Jane's cutting and pasting skillz.

Riffy
October 17th, 2005 09:35 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
OMG....that crazy nut just called!!!

All I could hear was her screaming my name, laughing and saying "He's beautiful"

We've been in love with Mick since 8th grade..and met him together in '78.

LJ.

You mean to tell me you actually met MICK!!! I can't wait for you to share that experience!!!

And welcome to our little party Riffy!!
October 17th, 2005 09:36 PM
LadyJane Hi Riffy!!!!

This is special for me.....just knowing my "Sister" who had to miss Fenway because of pneumonia is in heaven.

And lets not forget JB!!! That wonderful teddy bear offered to fly me to Miami this morning. He wasn't kidding.

LJ.
October 17th, 2005 09:37 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
You mean to tell me you actually met MICK!!! I can't wait for you to share that experience!!!

My Mick story is a classic and shall be told to you IN PERSON in NYC!!!!!!!!

A total gentleman....one of the greatest moments of my life. Greatest 20 minutes I should say.

LJ.
October 17th, 2005 09:45 PM
pdog Holy shit, I forgot there was a show tonight!
October 17th, 2005 09:45 PM
PartyDoll MEG How long do we have to wait... whining....

We shall have one hell of a time in NYC, Sister!!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
October 17th, 2005 09:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Hi Riffy!!!!

This is special for me.....just knowing my "Sister" who had to miss Fenway because of pneumonia is in heaven.

And lets not forget JB!!! That wonderful teddy bear offered to fly me to Miami this morning. He wasn't kidding.

LJ.

Who's there LJ?! I must have missed that post. I know Josh is,but what "sister" are you refering to?

Riffy
October 17th, 2005 09:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG ONNYA early!!!- Do we get something new or are they just mixing up the order!!!
October 17th, 2005 09:49 PM
LadyJane My best friend since Kindergarten.....she's a mutant like us but isn't a cyber mutant...YET!!!!!!!!

I think Shidoobee is having problems....

Dammit.

LJ.
October 17th, 2005 10:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hate it when the text-messages don't work!!! Tommorrow's a work day bright and early. Don't think I'll be able to stay up to see what was played before Nighttime!!
October 17th, 2005 10:20 PM
LadyJane Awww...come on MEG a few more.

We'll sleep when the time zones change SOON...

LJ.

October 17th, 2005 10:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG Just a few more!! Who needs sleep?
October 17th, 2005 10:36 PM
LadyJane Thank you!!!

Get off My Cloud!!!

and RT.

my friends are going nuts.......so happy for them.

I LOVE this band!!!!

October 17th, 2005 10:46 PM
PartyDoll MEG So do you think Florida got a new song or not? Stay tuned to find out in the wee hours!!..... It must be hard hearing those phone calls and knowin' you could have been there LJ!!!!
October 17th, 2005 10:48 PM
beer So it's a mystery what was played in the #7 spot?
Isn't that usually when they play something sorta rare?

-
October 17th, 2005 10:55 PM
PartyDoll MEG Setlist is missing at least 3, maybe 4 songs- thanks to the great cellular phone system! Not bitching, mind you, we are just spoiled by the great Shidoobee fans who call in the setlists!!!
October 17th, 2005 11:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG Lady Jane where are you? Are you listening to YCAGWYW on the phone!!!!?
October 17th, 2005 11:22 PM
LadyJane Right here.

I'll call her in a few.
October 17th, 2005 11:29 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Hi Riffy!!!!

LJ.

LOL LJ, he asked me also about that spare ticky. It hurted to say no but I couldn't bang in sick for another show. Life is full of small regrets sometimes...BTW I met Joshy for the first time & he's a fecking riot. He's now my second favorite Jewish lawyer!
October 17th, 2005 11:53 PM
beer From Shidoobee

1. START ME UP
2. YOU GOT ME ROCKIN'
3. SHE'S SO COLD
4. TUMBLING DICE
5. ONNYA
6. RUBY TUESDAY
7. RAIN FALL DOWN
8. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
9. NIGHT TIME (with Joss Stone)
10.THE WORST
11. INFAMY
12. MISS YOU
13. ROUGH JUSTICE
14. GET OFF MY CLOUD
15. HTW
16. SYMPATHY
17. IORR
18. JJF
19. SATISFACTION
20. YCAGWYW (encore)
21. BROWN SUGAR (encore)
GOOD NIGHT

-
October 18th, 2005 01:00 AM
goatshead Great show tonight. I went to the last Miami show 3 years ago and was not really impressed with the crowd. Tonight I'd have to say it was one of the best crowds I have ever seen at my ten Stones shows.

I thought Charlie and Keith were outstanding. Keith's best moment was the solo in Sympathy, just awesome. Charlie tore up Midnight Rambler. Mick was his usual self. He really got the crowd involved. Ronnie was busy posing most of the night.

Of the 4 new songs, I enjoyed Rain Fall Down the most. Very funky and nice jam at the end which the crowd really seemed to appreciate and enjoy.

All in all, it was great to hear Ruby Tuesday, Get Off of My Cloud and Midnight Rambler. Miss You was much better than on Voodoo and Bridges with those drawn-out boring versions.
October 18th, 2005 02:24 AM
marko i still say,this is their best tour in 23years.Best since
October 18th, 2005 07:22 AM
SweetVirginia __________________________________
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

My Mick story is a classic and shall be told to you IN PERSON in NYC!!!!!!!!

A total gentleman....one of the greatest moments of my life. Greatest 20 minutes I should say.

LJ.

LJ, would you ever consider sharing the story here on the board????
Please?
October 18th, 2005 07:39 AM
charlotte Posted on Tue, Oct. 18, 2005

CONCERT REVIEW
Stones deliver a firecrackin', incredible show

BY HOWARD COHEN
[email protected]

The Rolling Stones lasting 20, 30 years -- what a stupid idea that would be. Nobody lasts that long.

-- Lester Bangs, Creem,

Dec. 1973.

Well, Lester, you didn't last another decade after that shortsighted, patently ageist remark, and, for that matter, neither did your esteemed rock magazine.

Don't miss you much, either, but man, we would really miss the Rolling Stones if the guys hung it up after delivering an explosive, aggressive show like Monday's at Miami's sold-out AmericanAirlines Arena.

The Stones, now 43 years on (sorry, Mr. Bangs) are on their A Bigger Bang tour, named for their current CD, a creatively rejuvenating effort. The CD isn't the only thing that sounded revitalized. Sure, the Stones can always be counted on to deliver a flashy good time on stage. The Forty Licks tour two years ago, and the '90s mega-tours, all amazed in many respects.

But on A Bigger Bang tour, the Stones played with a renewed sense of purpose. Singer Mick Jagger, drummer Charlie Watts and guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood know what has been written about them -- too old, too wrinkled, too passé -- and answered the charges by rocking harder, meaner and rawer.

Midnight Rambler, with Jagger on mouth harp, seemed as fierce as it did on Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! when these guys first performed it in their 20s.

STRANGE TRAIT

It's a strange trait, peculiar to the rock press, but no film critic with half a brain would have suggested that Steven Spielberg retire after making Jaws and yet noted rock scribe Bangs wasn't alone when he dismissed the Stones prematurely.

The Stones might well have said Monday night: This is what we can do in our 60s. Top it, kids.

The set list touched on the obvious -- perhaps too obvious with Start Me Up opening, but avoided becoming a strictly oldies set by roaring through some lesser-played numbers such as She's So Cold, which found Jagger temporarily at a loss for words; a Ray Charles tribute (Night Time Is) The Right Time; and a sampling of the new CD, with highlights including the rude kiss-off Oh No, Not You Again, the funky Rain Fall Down, which recalls the disco-era classic Miss You, and the raucous Rough Justice which the Stones performed on a makeshift stage in the back of the arena.

DOING THEIR PARTS

True, the Stones today, owing perhaps to over-familiarity, take on the appearance of a museum piece. Each member has his assigned part and sticks to it. The indefatigable Jagger, ditching clothes every few songs, plays his leading-role status to the hilt; Richards, raggedy, looking like an extra in a Pirates of the Caribbean flick, interlocked with Wood to unleash guitar licks that still slice meat off the bone.

Richards got his turn at the mike, too, offering the new dance-rocker Infamy in his endearingly rocky voice, but for all his great or near-great songs he could have chosen -- Before They Make Me Run, Little T&A, This Place Is Empty, to suggest a few -- selecting the banal The Worst was, well, precisely that. His rakish charm saved it, though. ''It's good to be here -- it's good to be anywhere,'' he cracked.

The set could also have extended beyond two hours, given ticket prices. One plea: ditch opening act Joss Stone -- if anyone needs to listen to overbearing, overwrought fake soul singing watch American Idol free.

Miami Heat star Shaquille O'Neal may have been in the house, according to Jagger, but if anyone could make him seem small it was the still mighty Rolling Stones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2005 Herald.com and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.miami.com
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)