ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bert Richards Appreciation Thread Return to archive
October 17th, 2005 04:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 17th, 2005 04:34 PM
pdog I didn't know he was still alive... He was a dick to Keith as a kid, which gave Keith the right ammunition to go out and be the great angry guitarist.
October 17th, 2005 04:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels He's not still alive. He died a few years back...at Keith's house in CT if I'm not mistaken.
October 17th, 2005 04:40 PM
The Wick He isn't alive. He died a few years ago. They seem to have made up sometime in the 80's and he lived with Keith until his death, I think. I thought he died in London.
[Edited by The Wick]
October 17th, 2005 04:41 PM
gypsy pdog, Bert isn't alive. He died not too long ago. I know he was at Angela's (Dandelion) wedding in 1998...but I'm not sure when he died. I'll research it.
By the way, I have a lot of Bert pics which I'll post when I find the time.
October 17th, 2005 04:44 PM
pdog That's cool Keith and him reconciled, I did the same with my Dad. It's great to worship your dad, then do everything to not be like him and then years later be his friend.
I think it's the way it's supposed to be...
October 17th, 2005 04:44 PM
Saint Sway he had great sperm
October 17th, 2005 04:47 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
he had great sperm

Did it taste great or was it less filling?
October 17th, 2005 04:57 PM
BILL PERKS BERT DIED SEPT 11, 2000
October 17th, 2005 04:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
That's cool Keith and him reconciled, I did the same with my Dad. It's great to worship your dad, then do everything to not be like him and then years later be his friend.
I think it's the way it's supposed to be...

Well. Yes...if it works out that way. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Personally, my dad is a deadbeat dad, he was deadbeat dad then and he is deadbeat now. Some people are just Evil...like my dad...best to avoid those types.
October 17th, 2005 05:01 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well. Yes...if it works out that way. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Personally, my dad is a deadbeat dad, he was deadbeat dad then and he is deadbeat now. Some people are just Evil...like my dad...best to avoid those types.

I'm sorry to hear that... I guess you're not like him, not in the sense I meant in another thread!
October 17th, 2005 05:04 PM
CraigP Bert and Keith not getting along was the reason Keith Changed his surname to "Richard". When they made up he changed it back to RichardS.
October 17th, 2005 05:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels What do we know about Bert's dad and Mum? That should be interesting.
October 17th, 2005 05:29 PM
gypsy
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Bert and Keith not getting along was the reason Keith Changed his surname to "Richard". When they made up he changed it back to RichardS.

Everything I've read claims that Andrew Loog Oldham had Keith change his last name to "Richard" because it sounded more like Cliff Richard. Keith changed it back to Richards several years before he and his father made up in the 80's.
October 17th, 2005 05:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I don't know a thing about his private life but just for his sperm shaking all over and for the rising and education of Keith he was a hero.
October 17th, 2005 06:07 PM
FPM C10 My favorite thing about Keith's parents, Doris and Bert, was that Keith listed his parents as "Boris and Dirt" in an early teen magazine bio.
October 18th, 2005 03:28 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
My favorite thing about Keith's parents, Doris and Bert, was that Keith listed his parents as "Boris and Dirt" in an early teen magazine bio.

________

Keith's sense of humor is really a gem. Quick to laugh, quick to anger. One would think he was Irish!
October 18th, 2005 03:53 PM
kath i never got to meet bert, but i know several folks who did. they all speak of him fondly and say he was a funny, sweet man who was quite proud of his son.
October 18th, 2005 07:26 PM
stonesmik
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Keith's sense of humor is really a gem. Quick to laugh, quick to anger. One would think he was Irish!

I once read his grandfather Theodore was kind of a gypsy.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)