ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I saw Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings and it was good Return to archive
October 17th, 2005 12:07 PM
padre Yep. Bill and co. was touring Finland last week. I went to see two gigs and enjoyed them. The band was good although Georgie Fame and Gary Brooker wasn't with them. Albert Lee threw some amazing picking and Beverly Skeete gives a good competition to Lisa Fisher.
I haven't quite believed Bill's comments how he's now happier than with the Stones, but I do now. He was smiling a lot, fooling around with other players, poking lead singers on the side with his bass neck, etc. He clearly was enjoying himself. I met Bill after the show and he was nice and polite shaking hands and giving autographs. No more Bill Bashing from this direction!

The setlist for both gigs was:
You Can't Sit Down
Jump Jive and Wail
Baby Workout
Too Late
Jitterbug Boogie
Harlem Shuffle
All Night Long (Bill vocals "this really isn't my cup of tea. I'm a bass player.")
Mystery Train
Soul Man
624-5789
Flatfoot Sam
I Shall Not Be Moved
Drown In My Own Tears
Race With The Devil
Muleskinner Blues
Hit The Road Jack
You Never Can Tell (Bill voc)
Bright Lights Big City
Tax Man
Raise Your Hand
Knock On Wood
Put a Spell On You
Tear It Up
October 17th, 2005 01:04 PM
BILL PERKS I LOVE THE WILLIE AND THE POOR BOYS RECORD!
October 17th, 2005 03:16 PM
padre Then you'll gonna like the Rhythm Kings too. Check them out if they come near you.
October 17th, 2005 04:06 PM
kath they're excellent. we saw them in london. yes, bill seems very happy playing with them. albert lee is GREAT, isn't he?? wonderful musician.

too bad you missed georgie and gary tho'....georgie seems to really make them rock just a little bit more!!!

great band. something for everybody!!
October 18th, 2005 01:01 AM
padre
quote:
kath wrote:
too bad you missed georgie and gary tho'....georgie seems to really make them rock just a little bit more!!!
great band. something for everybody!!

Yeah, too bad. The guy on keyboards in Finland was the man from Eric Clapton's recent band (forgot his name). Seems like the man keeping the band's spirits up this time was Andy Fairweather-Low.
Yeah, something for every rootsmusic fan! From rockabilly to soul to gospel to blues to country to swing.
October 18th, 2005 10:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I like Bill Wyman solo albums and live, I think Ronnie, Mick Taylor; Charlie Watts and Bill WYman solo albums are at the same level or even better but in different styles to the solo albums by Mick and Keith
October 18th, 2005 10:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Wyman by Padre

Kultuuritalo, Helsinki October 13, 2005
© 2005 Padre (photo signed the day after)

October 18th, 2005 10:08 PM
Water Dragon Thanks for the piccie, Padre! It is hard to believe that Bill will be 70 in just a few days...he looks good for his age and the amount of ciggies he's smoked, let us leave his sex life out of it.

Glad he's still rocking in the Old World.

W.D.

October 19th, 2005 07:29 AM
Dick Bush I've seen Bill with Kings once - what a disappointment that was!

No old, wired & wigged people dressed like kids trying to jump on stage - there was nothing but some old boring farts playing music there!! Oh my!

Think what you want of Bill - he really never was an asshole. And he is not making his money exploiting someone's sweet mamories. Besides, he is still good enough for the best guitar boogie ever - Mr. Tommy Emmanuel - to make the whole tour with him.

Relax: Take a break: Enjoy Tommy's weirdness for a while!

Copy & paste the link on your browser:

"http://user.it.uu.se/~rifo5297/Tommy_Emmanuel_-_boogie(1).wmv"
[Edited by Dick Bush]
[Edited by Dick Bush]
October 19th, 2005 07:58 AM
kishorcsog I saw them too 2 weeks ago. They were just average but I have a boot from 2004 in Basel that I like to listen in my car. It seems they have good and bad nights.
October 19th, 2005 10:35 AM
padre
quote:
kishorcsog wrote:
It seems they have good and bad nights.

Is there a band that doesn't? Yes, in fact there is. Has anybody ever heard a bad gig from AC/DC?
October 19th, 2005 10:50 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff fantastic setlist!!!!!!
I love JUMP JIVE AND WAIL, is a Louis Prima number, fantastic...
and Flatfoot Sam, old blues played by Blues Band too....
and those other songs are really cool, (You Never Can Tell !!!!!)
great Bill!
[Edited by Fabio Hot Stuff]
October 19th, 2005 02:18 PM
kishorcsog Yeah, never heard a bad AC/DC gig
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)