ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Header Pic Return to archive
October 16th, 2005 03:29 PM
FPM C10 A few questions come to mind about today's header pic of Woodrow, snapped by my bro SS, aka the Luckiest Man Alive.

1. What the heck kinda guitar is dat?

(I never got around to mentioning it, but did you see the header pic the other day where Keef was playing a Dan Armstrong? Wonder what song he played on it. That's the first picture I've seen him of playing one of those since about 1970. I think it actually belongs to Woody - Keef's got nicked while he was on the nod at Nellcote.)

2. What is the big roundie thingie in the foreground?

and a nyah nyah comment - Woody's wearing a CBGB t-shirt. He never played there, but I did!

Yes! Me and Mick Taylor are both superior to Woody!
October 16th, 2005 04:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot Flea...

That may be one of Woody's custom Zamitis(sp?) guitars. And unless Keith got himself another Dan Armstrong, which is quite possible, I'd guess that Keith was borrowing Woody's. I dunno what song he plays it on, he hasn't played it at any of the shows I was at.

The big round thingy in the foreground is a fan.

Woody never played the Eagles Club in Burnham either! You guys still got "it". Did you know that the cops were there last night? Evidently there was a big fight outside.

Dumbasses. They shoulda been inside where all the action was!
October 19th, 2005 09:30 AM
Mathijs It's a "Versoul Raya" guitar, a Finnish guitar maker. Wood played a Versoul guitar in London during his solo gig.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/versoul/index2.htm

Mathijs
October 19th, 2005 09:39 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
It's a "Versoul Raya" guitar, a Finnish guitar maker. Wood played a Versoul guitar in London during his solo gig.

Mathijs

From FINLAND? COOOOOOL!! That makes TWO things that are really cool about Finland!
October 19th, 2005 09:46 AM
egon THREE...
October 19th, 2005 10:14 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Flea...

That may be one of Woody's custom Zamitis(sp?) guitars. And unless Keith got himself another Dan Armstrong, which is quite possible, I'd guess that Keith was borrowing Woody's. I dunno what song he plays it on, he hasn't played it at any of the shows I was at.

Well, Mathijs has cleared that one up for us. I was pretty sure Tony Zemaitis didn't build that one. He usually has metal all over his creations.

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Woody never played the Eagles Club in Burnham either!

The Jeff Beck Group played there in June 1969.

Er...NO THEY DIDN'T!

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

You guys still got "it". Did you know that the cops were there last night? Evidently there was a big fight outside.

Dumbasses. They shoulda been inside where all the action was!

Thanks, my brother. That was a pretty freaking fantastic night. This Fall has been great - the hoedown in DC on 9/24, one of the best Stones shows ever on 10/1, and the Second Coming of Friction on 10/15. I had high expectations for all three of those events, and they were all WAY better than I thought they'd be.

And right in the middle of it (10/11), Miss Youngblood and I celebrated two years of being a couple.

Life is good for the Old Monkey!

The fight Saturday was probably our opening act beating up our "lighting director" Brian, who accidently ingested a large amount of alcohol and thought it was 1982. His attempts at moshing were mistaken for aggression and some of the jerks in the band put the boot in. Cowardly and uncool. They won't get to open any more shows for us.

October 19th, 2005 10:31 AM
padre
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
It's a "Versoul Raya" guitar, a Finnish guitar maker. Wood played a Versoul guitar in London during his solo gig.
Mathijs

Cool! I've heard that Woody has a Finnish guitar, but haven't seen it before. Go Finland!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)