ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rarities 1971-2003 Return to archive
October 15th, 2005 11:44 PM
Soldatti Confimed by Amazon.com and CD Universe, among other sources.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?PID=6992055&style=music&frm=frooglemusic

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BP86MI/qid%3D1129433520/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-7189944-3531962

Looking at the tracklist from IORR it seems that it's correct and Thru & Thru must be from MSG 2003.

1. Fancy Man Blues
2. Tumbling Dice (live)
3. Wild Horses (acoustic from Tokyo)
4. Beast Of Burden (live)
5. Anyway You Look At It
6. If I Was A Dancer (part 2)
7. Miss You (Dance version)
8. Wish I'd Never Met You
9. I Just Wanna Make Love To You (live)
10. Mixed Emotions (12" version)
11. Through The Lonely Nights
12. Live With Me (live)
13. Let It Rock (live)
14. Harlem Shuffle (NY Mix)
15. Mannish Boy
16. Thru and Thru (live)

[Edited by Soldatti]
October 16th, 2005 05:06 AM
gotdablouse Wow...sounds just about as interesting as "Sucking in the 70s" ! Who in their right mind would release a thing like that, not even a single unreleased track to lure the fan...
October 16th, 2005 05:49 AM
corgi37 But, perfect for dowloading for nix.

Servess them right.
October 16th, 2005 10:39 AM
Flashpoint definitely download kind of stuff
October 16th, 2005 11:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Wow...sounds just about as interesting as "Sucking in the 70s" ! Who in their right mind would release a thing like that, not even a single unreleased track to lure the fan...

Steady On!

Only 3 songs are already on available albums - so that makes them 'rarities' - right?

And 'Thru & thru' is unreleased!

seriously, I'm not that bothered about there not being many 'unreleased' songs as its a 'rarities' album and not intended to have unreleased tracks. Although, if youre going to put ONE unreleased song on it, a live song from 2003 is a pretty stupid choice (a "Live Licks" outtake, basically!)

What gets on my tits is that there are several had to find songs that fit ideally into the concept of the album - yet they instead choose to include THREE songs that are easy to find on CD - Mannish Boy, If I Was A Dancer and Wild Horses.

Interesting that the title has been changed to "1971-2003" from "1971-2001". It was pretty dumb to call it the latter when it included a live performance of a song that wasnt debuted until September 2002
[Edited by Gazza]
October 16th, 2005 11:26 AM
erikjjf At least we will get "Through The Lonely Nights" officially released on cd. I miss "Think I'm Going Mad", though.
October 16th, 2005 12:43 PM
ResidentMule if they through in the 2 outtake tracks off ABB we might have 1 release actually worth buying instead of 2 that aren't
October 16th, 2005 12:57 PM
Flashpoint Is Wild Horses the same song that's on Stripped?
October 16th, 2005 01:18 PM
pdog
quote:
Flashpoint wrote:
Is Wild Horses the same song that's on Stripped?

I would say it 99.9% possible... The real funny part is they call it the acoustic version... As opposed to what, the full throttle electric version we got on Sticky Fingers?
Somebody sniffed alot of glue to come up with this neat little package! How many of these songs are basically culled from Flashpoint Collectibles? How many tracks are before Some Girls?
Seriously, who picked the tracks? They're not getting a Xmas card!
[Edited by pdog]
October 16th, 2005 02:48 PM
KeepRigid Thru and Thru as the final song again. I wonder if that's been done before...(the same song closing out two official albums).
[Edited by KeepRigid]
October 16th, 2005 06:54 PM
gotdablouse Yes, I guess the only good news here is the first release CD/album release of "Through the Lonely Nights" not that the version I have on that old Japanese Boot with Mick pictured alongside the Seine in Paris is too shabby.

Why not throw in "Ever Changing World" (B2B) and "Under the Radar" (ABB)since they were once deemed worthy for official release, now that would have gotten everyone here excited !

October 16th, 2005 09:39 PM
KeepRigid I'm happy we're getting Let It Rock, but as long as we're offering wishlists...I wouldn't mind getting an official release of Keith's edit of Might As Well Get Juiced.
October 16th, 2005 11:08 PM
Soldatti I don't like the tracklist but it's worth getting for 3-4 songs.
October 16th, 2005 11:41 PM
Bloozehound what's the point of this album
October 17th, 2005 12:01 AM
exile they should fuck off the live tracks and put on

Think Im going Mad
Criss Cross Mind
Livin in the Heart of love
October 17th, 2005 03:29 AM
pdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
what's the point of this album

To sell another product...
October 17th, 2005 10:08 AM
gotdablouse "sell" ? We shall see, I predict this will be the lowest ever selling Stones album...
October 17th, 2005 07:07 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
"sell" ? We shall see, I predict this will be the lowest ever selling Stones album...

I think that it will sell better than Live Licks, at least in U.S
October 17th, 2005 08:43 PM
corgi37 It might even out sell ABB!!
October 18th, 2005 02:59 AM
ListenToTheLion Not interesting at all
October 18th, 2005 07:33 AM
egon
October 18th, 2005 01:00 PM
Egbert
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Thru and Thru as the final song again. I wonder if that's been done before...(the same song closing out two official albums).

But wasn't Thru & Thru the final song only on the vinyl VL? This will mark the first time T&T ends a release in the CD format, making this comp an easy "must-haver". Essential.
October 18th, 2005 01:05 PM
thejuf
October 18th, 2005 01:18 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Egbert wrote:

But wasn't Thru & Thru the final song only on the vinyl VL? This will mark the first time T&T ends a release in the CD format, making this comp an easy "must-haver". Essential.

Ha ha...on the plus side, I just realized this does open with Fancy Man Blues. That, in and of itself, is pretty cool.
October 18th, 2005 01:23 PM
Madafaka Soldatti said it at Banquete de Pordioseros, Bill isn't in the artwork and he's in the original pic.

[Edited by Madafaka]
October 18th, 2005 07:18 PM
Soldatti It seems that Virgin loves the "edits", many songs on Forty Licks, the bad cuts on Live Licks and now Bill got wiped from the Rarities cover. I bet that they will edit Through The Lonely Nights too.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)